Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 363
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    One of the craziest endings you will ever see...



    -Jason "not that it ever gets called, but Dixon double-dribbles just before taking the final shot" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One of the craziest endings you will ever see...



    -Jason "not that it ever gets called, but Dixon double-dribbles just before taking the final shot" Evans
    I'm pretty sure I saw two players with their knees down, at least one forward lateral, and two illegal blocks. Oh wait....nevermind.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "not that it ever gets called, but Dixon double-dribbles just before taking the final shot" Evans
    Coach Spoelstra has some words to say about that same issue vis a vis Kevin Durant...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw two players with their knees down, at least one forward lateral, and two illegal blocks. Oh wait...nevermind.
    I think it was only 1 player with their knee down, no forward laterals and 3 illegal blocks (maybe 4).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    I am watching the Kansas-TCU game. The court at TCU is absolutely horrible - it makes me very dizzy.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brooklet, GA
    Why do officials let Jamie Dixon do this? Why does he get to be a 6th defender? He does it every game.

    dixon.jpg

    dixon2.jpg
    Last edited by jacone21; 02-11-2019 at 10:02 PM.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think it was only 1 player with their knee down, no forward laterals and 3 illegal blocks (maybe 4).
    You have the benefit of slow motion replay if you saw it that way.

    I'll stand by my real-time observation

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    You have the benefit of slow motion replay if you saw it that way.

    I'll stand by my real-time observation
    Yea, we weren't there so replays and second hand reports from our younger daughter and her husband (they're still pissed) who were there are what/all I've got. I'll trust you on this one.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Why do officials let Jamie Dixon do this? Why does he get to be a 6th defender? He does it every game.

    dixon.jpg

    dixon2.jpg
    Buzz Williams does it too - has always driven me crazy! And, I didnít notice it all that much until this year, but Josh Pastner seems to be doing it too. I really wish the officials would give warnings and T them up!

  10. #230
    Two awful braindead possessions for TCU in final minute...now to OT.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Buzz Williams does it too - has always driven me crazy! And, I didnít notice it all that much until this year, but Josh Pastner seems to be doing it too. I really wish the officials would give warnings and T them up!
    One response to this is to pull the move Jason Kidd did against Mike Woodson: intentionally run into the coach, knowing it's a technical on the coach.


  12. #232

    Ochai Agbaji Appreciation

    Kansas refuses to die, and Ochai Agbaji is one of the best stories of the year.

    Agbaji was a late-blooming three-star recruit from Kansas City, MO, who didn't receive an offer from a Power 5 school until January of his senior year. A 6-5 wing who was still developing, the plan was to red-shirt Agbaji behind returning wings Marcus Garrett and LaGerald Vick, as well as 5-star recruit Quentin Grimes.

    But then Kansas's season started to wobble. Center Udoka Azubuike got hurt, and the NCAA ruled Silvio de Sousa was ineligible. Pressed for minutes with a thin rotation, the team announced after a loss to Iowa State that it would burn Agbaji's redshirt.

    He played so well off the bench that by his seventh game he was starting over Vick, and he poured in 24 points and 7 rebounds against Texas. He has since followed that up with 23 & 6 in a win over Oklahoma State, and a 20-point 11-rebound effort in Kansas's OT win over TCU last night, in which he played an astounding 41 minutes. In light of an injury to Garrett and Vick taking a leave of absence, Agbaji's presence is even more important.

    So within the span of about a year, he's gone from ignored recruit to unknown redshirt to possibly Kansas's most important player. I make no secret of my desire for Kansas's regular season conference winning streak to end, but I can't help but cheer for the sensational arrival of Ochai Agbaji.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nashville
    I am happy for the kid, but it always seems unfair when a blue blood gets saved by an unknown, low-ranked recruit. I'm sensitive to this thanks to the times I've been looking forward to UNC being down, only to see them over achieve with spunky guys expected to be bench warmers. I'll never forgive them for Shammond Williams, or Luke Maye.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    I am happy for the kid, but it always seems unfair when a blue blood gets saved by an unknown, low-ranked recruit. I'm sensitive to this thanks to the times I've been looking forward to UNC being down, only to see them over achieve with spunky guys expected to be bench warmers. I'll never forgive them for Shammond Williams, or Luke Maye.
    I hear you, but we had one season partially-saved by Lee Melchionni suddenly becoming a factor.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    A missed offensive interference call isnít correctable. (I think.)

    -jk

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    LSU v. Kentucky

    LSU wins by a tap in at the buzzer. Clearly offensive basket interference, but the refs and the announcers totally missed it.

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A missed offensive interference call isnít correctable. (I think.)

    -jk
    I believe you're correct but one of the UK guys clearly hit the net on his way up to contest that shot.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I believe you're correct but one of the UK guys clearly hit the net on his way up to contest that shot.
    That move by the UK guy wasn't interference because the ball was not yet in the rim area....

    In other news, Penn State fans stormed the court after beating Michigan. The stands were about two thirds empty for the game....kind of an odd juxtaposition.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A missed offensive interference call isnít correctable. (I think.)

    -jk
    I agree, but the officials should have seen it live. One more example of how the refs hate to blow the whistle in the closing seconds.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    LSU wins by a tap in at the buzzer. Clearly offensive basket interference, but the refs and the announcers totally missed it.
    I only saw the last few plays of the game, and was impressed by how badly the announcers (wasn't one of them Vitale?) could repeatedly watch the very clear replay and opine that it was a good basket because the ball was
    "off the rim." They must've shown it five times, clear as a bell the ball was in the cylinder...

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 11:43 PM
  2. 2018-19 Basketball catch all thread
    By MarkD83 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 01:14 AM
  3. 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Duke95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2886
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 07:53 PM
  4. NCAA 2018 Tournament Map
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 01:31 AM
  5. NCAA 2018 Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight
    By brevity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-25-2018, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •