Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    It's impressive and Bill Self is an excellent coach. It also helps to not have UVA and Tony Bennett in your conference.

Kind of reminds me of our 2016-2017 season. They came into the year as preseason favorites, or #2 at worst. Immediately got leapfrogged by us despite not losing. Worked their way back up to #1, but then lost Azibuike and didn't get De Sousa back and now this.

It's not all over for them, it's entirely possible and probably more likely than not that Vick will return at some point. But still a tough run for them.

Jordan Tucker

The Athletic has a story up today on Tucker’s transfer from Duke to Butler. Requires subscription..

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    The Athletic has a story up today on Tucker’s transfer from Duke to Butler. Requires subscription..
    May be interesting, but once they depart Duke they might as well be on the moon as far as I'm concerned..best o' luck to the lad...

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It's impressive and Bill Self is an excellent coach. It also helps to not have UVA and Tony Bennett in your conference.
    Agreed. While I feel very confident Kansas would never have come close to that streak in the ACC, I don’t think Duke would have matched Kansas’s consistency playing in the Big XII either.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Agreed. While I feel very confident Kansas would never have come close to that streak in the ACC, I don’t think Duke would have matched Kansas’s consistency playing in the Big XII either.
    It would be hard to predict any team doing that...over that long a period of time. Of course, Kansas can't match 5 FFs in a row, 6 in 7 years, 7 in 9 years, or back to back natty's. And Duke had a pretty impressive ACC streak in the late 90s early 2000s....

I encourage everyone to watch the Columbia-Harvard highlights. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    I encourage everyone to watch the Columbia-Harvard highlights. Crazy stuff.
    Thanks for the recommendation. ESPN has the highlights with their game summary here. Harvard has posted a slightly longer version on YouTube...

... but you don't see the scores on the screen until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. ESPN has the highlights with their game summary here. Harvard has posted a slightly longer version on YouTube...

... but you don't see the scores on the screen until the very end.
    Great game! Why were they playing in a high school gym?

Marquette downs Nova after squandering a double-digit lead in the second half. Big win at home. They are the higher ranked team, but that's another great win for the program.

Wojo is doing the Coach K coaching tree proud.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Great game! Why were they playing in a high school gym?
    Dude, you know the envious say that about Cameron!

Zags down a man

Killian Tillie out for the rest of the regular season with a partially torn ligament in his right foot.

The stated plan is that he recovers in time for the tournament. We shall see.

This Week in Wofford News (not a weekly feature):

Records are made to be broken. Again.

CAREER 3-POINTERS MADE

504 Travis Bader, Oakland (2010-2014)
    460 Fletcher Magee, Wofford (2015-2019)
    452 J.J. Redick, Duke (2002-2006)

Keep in mind that we're cool with at least 4 of those 460 makes, the ones that helped Wofford beat UNC last season.

My other alma mater just lost its 11th straight. So much for the brilliant young coach with NBA experience meme. It is getting kind of depressing having to watch them after a great win by us earlier in the day.

ASU Downs Washington

Bobby Hurley's ASU downs undefeated in Pac12 conference Washington by 12. ASU dominated the whole way. This is not supposed to happen in Bill Walton's "Conference of Champions".

Quote Originally Posted by unclsam1 View Post
    Bobby Hurley's ASU downs undefeated in Pac12 conference Washington by 12. ASU dominated the whole way. This is not supposed to happen in Bill Walton's "Conference of Champions".
    ...and this was hours after Jay Bilas gushed about how great Washington was on the telecast...

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Marquette downs Nova after squandering a double-digit lead in the second half. Big win at home. They are the higher ranked team, but that's another great win for the program.

Wojo is doing the Coach K coaching tree proud.
    This was the first Marquette game I've watched in full this year, and man are they fun to watch. I'm in love with Markus Howard. Guy never met a shot he didn't like.

As a bonus, if you have the chance to visit Milwaukee and go to a Marquette game: do it. I haven't seen a game in their new arena, but it sure looked rocking yesterday. Great fan support, great proximity to bars/restaurants for pre- and post-game revelry. Yesterday was "National Marquette Day" which essentially functions as their homecoming game since they don't have a football team. It's not a good basketball environment, it's a great one (to borrow a Bilas-ism). It's so fun to watch Wojo really experience success there. They'll be tough in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    This was the first Marquette game I've watched in full this year, and man are they fun to watch. I'm in love with Markus Howard. Guy never met a shot he didn't like.

As a bonus, if you have the chance to visit Milwaukee and go to a Marquette game: do it. I haven't seen a game in their new arena, but it sure looked rocking yesterday. Great fan support, great proximity to bars/restaurants for pre- and post-game revelry. Yesterday was "National Marquette Day" which essentially functions as their homecoming game since they don't have a football team. It's not a good basketball environment, it's a great one (to borrow a Bilas-ism). It's so fun to watch Wojo really experience success there. They'll be tough in March.
    Markus is the man...well, Zion is THE man, but Markus is A MAN...can score the ball

Bilas has been the kiss of death this year. Michigan is the best team in the country - loses a couple hours later. Michigan State is the team to watch - 3 game losing streak promptly after his comment. Washington yesterday. Nice work, Jay, please don't pick Duke for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...and this was hours after Jay Bilas gushed about how great Washington was on the telecast...
    68 teams make the NCAa tourney. Want to know what Washington's record is against the top 68 teams in the land according to T-rank?
    0-5

Their best win is over #81 Oregon. Yup, Washington does not have a single top 80 win on the season.

The P12 is trash, full of teams that barely qualify as mediocre. Sure, Washington is beating up on the league, but being the best of a bunch of mediocre-bad teams doesn't move the needle much at all in my book. I just hope the committee somehow makes Washington like a #8 seed so I can pick against them and call it an upset pick. The odds that they win a NCAA tourney game have to be less than 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Nice work, Jay, please don't pick Duke for anything.
    No worries there. Never happens.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?