Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 521
  1. #181
    Big Business and Big Money trumps any geographical standards.

  2. #182
    Silvio De Sousa suspended for this season and next season.

    Wonder why they aren't vacating their wins from last year.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Silvio De Sousa suspended for this season and next season.

    Wonder why they aren't vacating their wins from last year.
    Helpful information if you, like me, have forgotten who this joker is.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Don't agree with the suspension for 2019-2020, but he should be retro-actively in-elligible for 2018 season.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this discussion, but DeSousaís case raises an interesting general question: should a player be penalized when someone pays for his commitment, without the player knowing? One side of the argument is yes, heís ineligible regardless of whether he knew, otherwise parents and agents would simply accept payments to steer their kids and then claim they never told their kids about it. OTOH if itís someone not directly connected to the player, like a long lost uncle, then itís hard to fault a kid for somebody else trying to profit off of him.

    Which brings up Zion. According to testimony that was not admitted in court, an agent had a conversation with Zionís father discussing payment for his commitment. ASSUMING this actually happened, which nobody knows for sure if it actually did, many would argue that Zion should be ineligible for the same reason as DeSousa. Again, just because an agent says the conversation happened doesnít mean it actually did.

    The other piece that I rarely hear mentioned is that Zion was raised by his mother and stepfather, and more recently after he became famous his biological father started to enter the picture. It is not clear in that testimony whether the agent claims to have spoken to his stepfather or his biological father, who could have just been trying to profit off his son. Iím really not worried about Zionís eligibility, I think that ship has sailed, but Iím sure these questions will be brought up in the media.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oregon

    And You Thought Duke Had Free Throw Issues

    Michigan State hit 8 of 22 free throws (36%) in an overtime loss to Indiana.

  7. #187
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    I knew the MSU collapse was coming! The loss to an abysmal Illinois team tonight makes it three in a row for the team that was the trendy national title pick a few weeks ago.

  8. #188

    2 stormings....awful fake by one of Wojo's guys...

    2 court stormings last night...Illinois (Mich St) and K-State (Kansas).

    Meanwhile, St Johns shook off the 30 point beat down they absorbed in Cameron and upset Marquette. On the winning drive, a Marquette player idiotically tried to draw a charge, maybe the worst fake I've ever seen...it was pathetic.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I knew the MSU collapse was coming! The loss to an abysmal Illinois team tonight makes it three in a row for the team that was the trendy national title pick a few weeks ago.
    It's funny -- MSU was playing so well, even without Langford. Then they lost to Purdue (not a bad loss, on the road), learned that Langford is out for the year, and lost to Indiana, at home, and Illinois. MSU's offense seems to be get it to Winston and see what he can do. He's good, but he's not that good. At this point, MSU is looking like a 4 seed. What a change in just two weeks!

    Shows why bracketology at this point is just about useless.

  10. #190
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It's funny -- MSU was playing so well, even without Langford. Then they lost to Purdue (not a bad loss, on the road), learned that Langford is out for the year, and lost to Indiana, at home, and Illinois. MSU's offense seems to be get it to Winston and see what he can do. He's good, but he's not that good. At this point, MSU is looking like a 4 seed. What a change in just two weeks!

    Shows why bracketology at this point is just about useless.
    Yup, the issue for MSU without Langford was, and now will be, that the team has no one who can ďcreate offenseĒ besides Winston. Ward is arguably their best player but even he relies on others to get him the ball in the post... not to mention heís notorious for disappearing in games due to either foul trouble or frustration at not getting enough touches early. Combine that with 3 point specialist Matt McQuaid now guarding the opponentís best player (and thus expending a ton of energy on D) and you have a team that is going to go the way of Winston. Any team that has a PG who can lock him down 1-on-1 (like both Duke and Michigan!) are in great shape against the Sparties going forward.

  11. #191
    Kansas's loses to K-State and drops to 4th in the conference. Here are the current B12 standings:

    Kansas State 7-2
    Baylor 6-2
    Iowa State 7-3
    Kansas 6-4
    Texas Tech 6-4
    Texas 4-5
    TCU 3-5
    Oklahoma 3-7
    Oklahoma St 2-6
    West Virginia 2-8

    Until Kansas is mathematically eliminated I'll still believe they will win the conference. They probably need to lose one or two more for someone else to take it, as I don't really trust the teams ahead of them to win out. But we'll see.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Maryland's wonderfully talented forward Bruno Fernando (who will likely be a lottery pick this summer) absolutely, 100% pulled a Christian Laettner on the chest of a Nebraska player last night.

    https://deadspin.com/marylands-bruno...ude-1832413396
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Kansas's loses to K-State and drops to 4th in the conference. Here are the current B12 standings:

    Kansas State 7-2
    Baylor 6-2
    Iowa State 7-3
    Kansas 6-4
    Texas Tech 6-4
    Texas 4-5
    TCU 3-5
    Oklahoma 3-7
    Oklahoma St 2-6
    West Virginia 2-8

    Until Kansas is mathematically eliminated I'll still believe they will win the conference. They probably need to lose one or two more for someone else to take it, as I don't really trust the teams ahead of them to win out. But we'll see.
    Iím with you- Iíll believe another Big XII team wants to win that conference when I see it. More likely all the teams will beat each other up and Kansas will tie with four others at the top at 11-7...

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Iím with you- Iíll believe another Big XII team wants to win that conference when I see it. More likely all the teams will beat each other up and Kansas will tie with four others at the top at 11-7...
    yeah, it's like gravity, you can pretty much depend on it.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, it's like gravity, you can pretty much depend on it.
    ...this ^ statement went in-operative because, well, ZION....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Iím with you- Iíll believe another Big XII team wants to win that conference when I see it. More likely all the teams will beat each other up and Kansas will tie with four others at the top at 11-7...
    It is worth noting that according to T-rank, Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the B12 so far and, as you might imagine, has the easiest remaining schedule. The JHawks have a very tough game left at Texas Tech, but will likely be favorites in all their other remaining games (@TCU and @Oklahoma are the other really dangerous games left). 11-7 or even 12-6 seems quite likely for them.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is worth noting that according to T-rank, Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the B12 so far and, as you might imagine, has the easiest remaining schedule. The JHawks have a very tough game left at Texas Tech, but will likely be favorites in all their other remaining games (@TCU and @Oklahoma are the other really dangerous games left). 11-7 or even 12-6 seems quite likely for them.

    Hold the phone... just saw that LaGerald Vick is taking a leave of absence from the team. No details were given, other than it was personal in nature. We should certainly all respect his privacy and resist the temptation to speculate, but as far as on the court impact this is quite a turn for Kansas in what has been a roller coaster of a season.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Hold the phone... just saw that LaGerald Vick is taking a leave of absence from the team. No details were given, other than it was personal in nature. We should certainly all respect his privacy and resist the temptation to speculate, but as far as on the court impact this is quite a turn for Kansas in what has been a roller coaster of a season.
    That is a huge loss for Kansas. Vick is one of the best college shooters in the country when he is on. It's been a brutal season for Kansas with injuries and loss of important players.

    https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...225959880.html

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It's been a brutal season for Kansas with injuries and loss of important players.
    This is why the streak is so impressive. Teams sometimes just have that snake bit season where everything that can go wrong, does. That Kansas has avoided a season like this for so freaking long is truly amazing. One part crazy luck, one part great planning and skill on the part of the coaching staff.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is why the streak is so impressive. Teams sometimes just have that snake bit season where everything that can go wrong, does. That Kansas has avoided a season like this for so freaking long is truly amazing. One part crazy luck, one part great planning and skill on the part of the coaching staff.
    Yep, it's hard to go that many years without a season like this....or one where the team just ended up having no chemistry. To avoid those for so long is impressive.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 10:43 PM
  2. 2018-19 Basketball catch all thread
    By MarkD83 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 12:14 AM
  3. 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Duke95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2886
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 06:53 PM
  4. NCAA 2018 Tournament Map
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 12:31 AM
  5. NCAA 2018 Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight
    By brevity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •