Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    One of the craziest endings you will ever see...

-Jason "not that it ever gets called, but Dixon double-dribbles just before taking the final shot" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One of the craziest endings you will ever see...

-Jason "not that it ever gets called, but Dixon double-dribbles just before taking the final shot" Evans
    I'm pretty sure I saw two players with their knees down, at least one forward lateral, and two illegal blocks. Oh wait....nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Coach Spoelstra has some words to say about that same issue vis a vis Kevin Durant...

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw two players with their knees down, at least one forward lateral, and two illegal blocks. Oh wait...nevermind.
    I think it was only 1 player with their knee down, no forward laterals and 3 illegal blocks (maybe 4).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I am watching the Kansas-TCU game. The court at TCU is absolutely horrible - it makes me very dizzy.

Why do officials let Jamie Dixon do this? Why does he get to be a 6th defender? He does it every game.

dixon.jpg

dixon2.jpg
    Last edited by jacone21; 02-11-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think it was only 1 player with their knee down, no forward laterals and 3 illegal blocks (maybe 4).
    You have the benefit of slow motion replay if you saw it that way.

I'll stand by my real-time observation

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    You have the benefit of slow motion replay if you saw it that way.

I'll stand by my real-time observation
    Yea, we weren't there so replays and second hand reports from our younger daughter and her husband (they're still pissed) who were there are what/all I've got. I'll trust you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Why do officials let Jamie Dixon do this? Why does he get to be a 6th defender? He does it every game.

dixon.jpg

dixon2.jpg
    Buzz Williams does it too - has always driven me crazy! And, I didn’t notice it all that much until this year, but Josh Pastner seems to be doing it too. I really wish the officials would give warnings and T them up!

Two awful braindead possessions for TCU in final minute...now to OT.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Buzz Williams does it too - has always driven me crazy! And, I didn’t notice it all that much until this year, but Josh Pastner seems to be doing it too. I really wish the officials would give warnings and T them up!
    One response to this is to pull the move Jason Kidd did against Mike Woodson: intentionally run into the coach, knowing it's a technical on the coach.

Ochai Agbaji Appreciation

Kansas refuses to die, and Ochai Agbaji is one of the best stories of the year.

Agbaji was a late-blooming three-star recruit from Kansas City, MO, who didn't receive an offer from a Power 5 school until January of his senior year. A 6-5 wing who was still developing, the plan was to red-shirt Agbaji behind returning wings Marcus Garrett and LaGerald Vick, as well as 5-star recruit Quentin Grimes.

But then Kansas's season started to wobble. Center Udoka Azubuike got hurt, and the NCAA ruled Silvio de Sousa was ineligible. Pressed for minutes with a thin rotation, the team announced after a loss to Iowa State that it would burn Agbaji's redshirt.

He played so well off the bench that by his seventh game he was starting over Vick, and he poured in 24 points and 7 rebounds against Texas. He has since followed that up with 23 & 6 in a win over Oklahoma State, and a 20-point 11-rebound effort in Kansas's OT win over TCU last night, in which he played an astounding 41 minutes. In light of an injury to Garrett and Vick taking a leave of absence, Agbaji's presence is even more important.

So within the span of about a year, he's gone from ignored recruit to unknown redshirt to possibly Kansas's most important player. I make no secret of my desire for Kansas's regular season conference winning streak to end, but I can't help but cheer for the sensational arrival of Ochai Agbaji.

I am happy for the kid, but it always seems unfair when a blue blood gets saved by an unknown, low-ranked recruit. I'm sensitive to this thanks to the times I've been looking forward to UNC being down, only to see them over achieve with spunky guys expected to be bench warmers. I'll never forgive them for Shammond Williams, or Luke Maye.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    I am happy for the kid, but it always seems unfair when a blue blood gets saved by an unknown, low-ranked recruit. I'm sensitive to this thanks to the times I've been looking forward to UNC being down, only to see them over achieve with spunky guys expected to be bench warmers. I'll never forgive them for Shammond Williams, or Luke Maye.
    I hear you, but we had one season partially-saved by Lee Melchionni suddenly becoming a factor.

A missed offensive interference call isn’t correctable. (I think.)

-jk

LSU v. Kentucky

LSU wins by a tap in at the buzzer. Clearly offensive basket interference, but the refs and the announcers totally missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I believe you're correct but one of the UK guys clearly hit the net on his way up to contest that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I believe you're correct but one of the UK guys clearly hit the net on his way up to contest that shot.
    That move by the UK guy wasn't interference because the ball was not yet in the rim area....

In other news, Penn State fans stormed the court after beating Michigan. The stands were about two thirds empty for the game....kind of an odd juxtaposition.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I agree, but the officials should have seen it live. One more example of how the refs hate to blow the whistle in the closing seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    LSU wins by a tap in at the buzzer. Clearly offensive basket interference, but the refs and the announcers totally missed it.
    I only saw the last few plays of the game, and was impressed by how badly the announcers (wasn't one of them Vitale?) could repeatedly watch the very clear replay and opine that it was a good basket because the ball was
    "off the rim." They must've shown it five times, clear as a bell the ball was in the cylinder...