Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
It's funny you should mention that, because as we were watching the game last night my wife went, "How is Michigan not No. 1? Oh wait, Duke is Duke." Which definitely plays a part in it, but the fact that Duke has a few more "top-tier" wins than Michigan probably helps to outweigh the one loss in voters minds. FWIW, UVA is still No. 1 in the only rankings that really end up mattering, the NET, followed by Duke and then Michigan. It'd be so helpful if the NCAA would provide some details regarding how the NET is really calculated to figure out why that's the case exactly, but I guess we have to be satisfied with small steps forward, haha.

P.S. I think I successfully avoided the dual "our/we" problem in this post. Self Sporks! Haha.
Michigan had maybe their worst game today in the last 34...I think they're 32-2 in that time, about the last half of last year and first half of this year. That's not bad. They'll drop a little, but they've been very consistently excellent for in effect a full season.