Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Wow, heartbreaker for Oklahoma there...hit the buzzer beater three to send it to OT only for review to show his foot was on the line, lose by one.
    Well, if you are not down 3 with seconds to go against a team outside the top 100 then you do not get your heart broken. I think Oklahoma is NIT bound.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    So Nebraska beat Maryland and nobody cares. Oh wait, what's that?....nevermind just crickets.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    So Nebraska beat Maryland and nobody cares. Oh wait, what's that?...nevermind just crickets.
    News travels slowly from Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    So Nebraska beat Maryland and nobody cares. Oh wait, what's that?...nevermind just crickets.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer group of guys.

I mean Nebraska, obviously. F the Terps.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer group of guys.

I mean Nebraska, obviously. F the Terps.
    Can one 9F the Terps?

Asking for a friend, or maybe several dozen.

Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed Houston taking UCONN behind the woodshed?! 39-point beat down...

Fun finish to the Florida-LSU game with Florida prevailing on the last second shot. Hoping for more upsets in that tournament in the night session.

Meanwhile, the Cavs might want to know that the UMBC Retrievers have skulked into Vermont for tomorrow's 11 a.m. brunch game vs Vermont for the America East tourney bid. Cats vs Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by rolm View Post
    Fun finish to the Florida-LSU game with Florida prevailing on the last second shot. Hoping for more upsets in that tournament in the night session.
    There goes one pretender to a potential #1 seed. Some of the talking heads thought if they won the SEC tournament, they could get a #1 seed.

Taking them out of the mix also limits Tennessee or Ky to add another high quality win also.

Holy Day of Carnage!

In addition to #2 Virginia and #3 North Carolina losing today...

#9 LSU loses to Florida 76-73
    #13 Purdue loses to Minnesota 75-73
    #14 Nevada loses to San Diego State 65-56 (giving the MWC two bids for sure)
    #15 Kansas State loses to Iowa State 63-59
    #23 Marquette loses to Seton Hall 81-79

These non-ACC games are all upsets to unranked teams. Does anyone want a top 4 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Holy Day of Carnage!

In addition to #2 Virginia and #3 North Carolina losing today...

#9 LSU loses to Florida 76-73
    #13 Purdue loses to Minnesota 75-73
    #14 Nevada loses to San Diego State 65-56 (giving the MWC two bids for sure)
    #15 Kansas State loses to Iowa State 63-59
    #23 Marquette loses to Seton Hall 81-79

These non-ACC games are all upsets to unranked teams. Does anyone want a top 4 seed?
    These upsets probably puts NC State on the outside looking in. GoDuke!

Walton likes his food hot. Fun random info during the ore @ asu game
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Walton likes his food hot. Fun random info during the ore @ asu game
    This was the first time I had listened to Walton call a game in a few years, and I had forgotten just how ridiculous he could be. I initially tuned in to root Bobby’s Sundevils on, but definitely stuck around for the Waltonisms.

Did it sound to anyone else that Walton’s broadcast partner is genuinely annoyed at Walton? Not just the schtick, either - they got into a legitimate argument over Oregon’s NCAA prospects that probably had to be calmed down by the producers in their ears.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    This was the first time I had listened to Walton call a game in a few years, and I had forgotten just how ridiculous he could be. I initially tuned in to root Bobby’s Sundevils on, but definitely stuck around for the Waltonisms.

Did it sound to anyone else that Walton’s broadcast partner is genuinely annoyed at Walton? Not just the schtick, either - they got into a legitimate argument over Oregon’s NCAA prospects that probably had to be calmed down by the producers in their ears.
    I'm assuming it was Pasch that did the game with Walton? If so, then I can fairly confidently say he was not annoyed. Being in the Mountain time zone, I've had several chances to watch the two this year and it is pretty obvious to me that Pasch eggs him on and encourages the digressions. It can be entertaining for a short time, but a whole game of it is just way too much.

A good drinking game would involve hitting on Walton's references to "conference of champions" when he does a PAC-xx game.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    ...A good drinking game would involve hitting on Walton's references to "conference of champions" when he does a PAC-xx game.
    Argh, so true. And then I sit there trying to figure those championships out. Ancient History!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I'm assuming it was Pasch that did the game with Walton? If so, then I can fairly confidently say he was not annoyed. Being in the Mountain time zone, I've had several chances to watch the two this year and it is pretty obvious to me that Pasch eggs him on and encourages the digressions. It can be entertaining for a short time, but a whole game of it is just way too much.

A good drinking game would involve hitting on Walton's references to "conference of champions" when he does a PAC-xx game.
    Likely wouldn't last very long.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/215627.php

"Fast facts on alcohol poisoning

-Alcohol poisoning is a serious condition."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Great idea. I watched my first Walton game about a week ago and also noticed these “conference of champions” references. Unless he is referring to something like water polo, he is 40+ years late.

I normally don’t like Fox but have been enjoying their coverage of the Big East. They had Raftery do some games, and Gus Johnson. Plus they somehow licensed the old NBA on NBC music.

To be fair, I do think that's some sort of unofficial tag line to the Pac-10/12. Certainly harken back to Bill's playing days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    To be fair, I do think that's some sort of unofficial tag line to the Pac-10/12. Certainly harken back to Bill's playing days.
    The Conference of Champions* **

*Mostly UCLA

**Mostly in the distant past

Holy samoleans, did anybody catch any of the Marquette-Seton Hall game?