Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 521
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The refs may have helped Tennessee, but the Vols at the end helped them more.
    by that standard, maybe we don't have much of a legit gripe with Miami 2015 FB
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    "...Tennessee gets all the calls..."
    Itís really more ďVandy gets none of the calls...Ē.

    Weíve been jobbed so many times by bad calls. I understand that a team needs to be able to overcome bad calls, but repeatedly being on the losing end of a call adds up. Itís not easy to be a Vandy fan.

    Jeff Green walked.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Itís really more ďVandy gets none of the calls...Ē.

    Weíve been jobbed so many times by bad calls. I understand that a team needs to be able to overcome bad calls, but repeatedly being on the losing end of a call adds up. Itís not easy to be a Vandy fan.

    Jeff Green walked.
    As Duke fans, we feel ya....we are that way in football, and it took K a while to dig us out of that in basketball. I've always thought both the SEC and the Big 12 officials protect the big name programs....in FB and BB.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    iowa got outscored 17-40 in the last 15 minutes of tonights game against michigan state.needless to say, they did not win.
    oof

    "If you don't address the things you're not doing well when you're winning the winning will eventually stop."

    -David Cutcliffe

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    by that standard, maybe we don't have much of a legit gripe with Miami 2015 FB
    I do not think you can compare a single play with bad calls in our football game, to three minutes of assenine turnovers and boots by Vandy at the end of regulation.

    But if your argument is that both Duke in football and Vandy in basketball contributed to the bad results by failing to take care of their own business, then yes — I would absolutely say that is the case.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

    -- David Byrne

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I do not think you can compare a single play with bad calls in our football game, to three minutes of assenine turnovers and boots by Vandy at the end of regulation.

    But if your argument is that both Duke in football and Vandy in basketball contributed to the bad results by failing to take care of their own business, then yes ó I would absolutely say that is the case.
    I can't post the photo. We made the tackle. The knee was down.

    https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...729_16%2D9.jpg

    Yea, still too soon.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I do not think you can compare a single play with bad calls in our football game, to three minutes of assenine turnovers and boots by Vandy at the end of regulation.

    But if your argument is that both Duke in football and Vandy in basketball contributed to the bad results by failing to take care of their own business, then yes ó I would absolutely say that is the case.
    You are making a circular argument....winning teams don't always take care of business either...sometimes the ONLY difference in the game IS the officiating. The idea of perfection the rest of the game is simply not tenable.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  8. #148
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Rumors of Michiganís demise after back to back lackluster games may have been exaggerated... 22-4 on the road against Indiana 12 minutes in. Indiana didnít make a FG for the first 10 minutes.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I can't post the photo. We made the tackle. The knee was down.

    https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...729_16%2D9.jpg

    Yea, still too soon.
    I meant that we trailed the whole game, and were lucky to take the lead late. And at bottom, someone could have just put a runner on his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and it would not be an argument.

    But to be clear, I am disagreeing with the argument posed. The two circumstances are too different to equate.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

    -- David Byrne

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    You are making a circular argument...winning teams don't always take care of business either...sometimes the ONLY difference in the game IS the officiating. The idea of perfection the rest of the game is simply not tenable.
    Then you have just eliminated the only way I can see where your comparison makes sense. I agree that my attempt to tie it together was attenuated.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

    -- David Byrne

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I meant that we trailed the whole game, and were lucky to take the lead late. And at bottom, someone could have just put a runner on his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and it would not be an argument.

    But to be clear, I am disagreeing with the argument posed. The two circumstances are too different to equate.
    All good points.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Rumors of Michiganís demise after back to back lackluster games may have been exaggerated... 22-4 on the road against Indiana 12 minutes in. Indiana didnít make a FG for the first 10 minutes.
    Yes, although Indiana has really been struggling lately.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Yes, although Indiana has really been struggling lately.
    Yep, everyone is killing them lately...I've noticed some head scratching scores.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yep, everyone is killing them lately...I've noticed some head scratching scores.
    To say they are swooning would be an understatement. 6 straight losses, only one of which was at all close. They are struggling to get to 60 points in a lot of these games. Feels like the team has given up on the season.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Then you have just eliminated the only way I can see where your comparison makes sense. I agree that my attempt to tie it together was attenuated.
    The problem with your theory is this...while Duke in the Miami FB game - and Vandy in the BB game - could have "taken care of business" earlier making the awful officiating a non factor....you ignore the flip side, which is that Miami FB and Tenn BB both didn't take care of business, otherwise they wouldn't need the bad officiating to get them across the finish line.

    IOW, all four teams left points on the court, or the field. All four teams failed to fully "take care of business." In fact, in many ways, UT and UM were worse than Vandy/Duke. So there is no excuse for nor is it even a mitigating factor in favor of your argument. What you had is four imperfect teams, and it's grossly unfair for two of those teams to be rewarded and two to be penalized, when on the merits, the results should have been the opposite. To argue otherwise is circular and, well, wrong.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Keeping tabs on Kansas-Kentucky. In the preseason most polls had these as the top two teams, so this matchup has lost a lot of its luster. Kentucky seems to be figuring things out though; itís taken them a while to recover from that beat down we gave them but theyíll be a tough out by the tournament. Kansas seems to have reached its ceiling already now that Azubuike is done for the season.

  17. #157
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    MSU down 37-19 at the half to Purdue on the road. Purdue's been double teaming Nick Ward and Cassius Winston every time they touch the ball, trying to force others to score... it hasn't worked out well so far for the Sparties.
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Westport, CT
    Watching G'Town v St. Johns . Quite the game.
    Hoping the Johnnies don't bookend our home non-conference win streak.
    Our guys will have a long time to prep for that game however.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Georgetown 89, St. John's 78.

    I watched the last four minutes of the game. My takeaway - St. John's was sloppy with the ball.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Georgetown 89, St. John's 78.

    I watched the last four minutes of the game. My takeaway - St. John's was sloppy with the ball.
    I see frosh McClung had monster game....27 points
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 11:43 PM
  2. 2018-19 Basketball catch all thread
    By MarkD83 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 01:14 AM
  3. 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Duke95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2886
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 07:53 PM
  4. NCAA 2018 Tournament Map
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 01:31 AM
  5. NCAA 2018 Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight
    By brevity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-25-2018, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •