Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Looks like the Bol Bol era is over at Oregon almost before it even began. The 7-2 freshmen has a stress fracture in his foot and it appears he will not play at all this season. He's been out since mid-December with foot pain. Dude was averaging better than 21 ppg and close to 10 rpg when he got hurt. What a pity for the already sucky Pac 12. This was the one reason (other than your love of Bobby) to pay any attention to that imposter of a major conference.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Looks like the Bol Bol era is over at Oregon almost before it even began. The 7-2 freshmen has a stress fracture in his foot and it appears he will not play at all this season. He's been out since mid-December with foot pain. Dude was averaging better than 21 ppg and close to 10 rpg when he got hurt. What a pity for the already sucky Pac 12. This was the one reason (other than your love of Bobby) to pay any attention to that imposter of a major conference.
    Jason, do you like the Pac 12? Just wondering.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Are you talking about the conference of champions? 🤔

Isn’t that what Bill Walton calls it?

Every day things change, but basically they stay the same

Seems Karl Hess continues to have, shall we say, "issues." This time he seems to want a piece of Scott Padgett (all 6'9" 280 lbs. of him).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Alabama 77, Kentucky 75

Alabama tried their best to give the game away at the end but they managed to hold on for the win.
    Bob Green

Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school. St. John's is for real. Going into OT now in DC.
    I must admit, I am a bit concerned about the potential symmetry of St. John's coming into Cameron in February as the last non-conference team to beat us at home.
    Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Alabama 77, Kentucky 75

Alabama tried their best to give the game away at the end but they managed to hold on for the win.
    Yep, that was a pretty good effort by Alabama to give the game away at the end. I thought it was kind of nice though that the Kentucky fans got to see numerous shots of John Pelphrey on the Alabama bench - just in case they'd forgotten about another Kentucky game he played in

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school.
    Those Georgetown uniforms and sneakers are anything but!

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Watching St. John's v Georgetown. Old school. St. John's is for real. Going into OT now in DC.
    I must admit, I am a bit concerned about the potential symmetry of St. John's coming into Cameron in February as the last non-conference team to beat us at home.
    Go Duke!
    I’ve been posting about this for a few weeks. This team is for real. Strong guard play, for one thing.

Chris making serious use of the transfer/JUCO channel.

I’ve also noted that I am a prof and business division head here at SJ. The buzz on campus has not been at this level for years.

BTW, I was also thinking old school Big East.

I had forgotten that Shayok had transferred from Virginia.

But I had no idea that he was such an offensive weapon for Iowa State and was leading the Big 12 in scoring!

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I had forgotten that Shayok had transferred from Virginia.

But I had no idea that he was such an offensive weapon for Iowa State and was leading the Big 12 in scoring!
    Y’know what they say — the only guy who can keep Marial Shayok under 19 PPG is Tony Bennett.

(J/k)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Y’know what they say — the only guy who can keep Marial Shayok under 19 PPG is Tony Bennett.

(J/k)
    Thank you for reminding me of my love/hate relationship with Dan Dakich. Seriously.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Wait, Green Bay beat Cleveland State today? I thought swofford had them on probation.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I doubt this will actually happen, but you can make a case right now that the Pac-12 deserves ZERO at-large bids to the NCAA tournament. The highest kenpom team is Oregon at 43, well below the number that essentially guarantees an at-large bid. Next closest is 55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Yep, that was a pretty good effort by Alabama to give the game away at the end. I thought it was kind of nice though that the Kentucky fans got to see numerous shots of John Pelphrey on the Alabama bench - just in case they'd forgotten about another Kentucky game he played in
    Yes! Let’s all take a moment to reflect on John Pelphrey’s final game in a Wildcat uniform. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Yes! Let’s all take a moment to reflect on John Pelphrey’s final game in a Wildcat uniform. ��
    What John Pelphry has never learned is that losing that game is the only reason anyone outside of Kentucky even knows his name. If UK won that game, the great Duke dynasty that they almost beat - wouldn't have been the great Duke dynasty. Just been another exciting regional final where the upset winner got blitzed in the Final Four.

Juggernaut Nevada took their undefeated prospects into The Pit and got abused by 27 points, ouch. KenPom has New Mexico as the #145 team...

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    The Nevada loss is welcome news as it all but ensures they aren’t going to be interfering with our seeding now.

Also, don’t look now but Michigan is looking dominant again against Indiana, up 16 in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    The Nevada loss is welcome news as it all but ensures they aren’t going to be interfering with our seeding now.

Also, don’t look now but Michigan is looking dominant again against Indiana, up 16 in the first half.
    Michigan might well be the top team so far....they are for real. But I like our chances to be better later on...

Looks like Azubuike is done for the season at KU. Tough break for the kid and big blow to KU's chances moving forward:

Azubuike Tweet.jpg
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.