Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I currently have Verizon FIOS. I am going to try MChambers suggestion as long as it doesn't cost me anything.
    I have Verizon FIOS too and that's my plan. You also can watch a replay after the game or tomorrow, if that's more convenient.

Will be interesting to see who gets the most work at the high post / free throw line area against EMU's zone.

I'm guessing Zion. Cam would be fine, but he's more needed outside to stretch the zone out with his shooting. It could be RJ if we want to use Zion as a lob dunk threat behind the zone.

I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Will be interesting to see who gets the most work at the high post / free throw line area against EMU's zone.

I'm guessing Zion. Cam would be fine, but he's more needed outside to stretch the zone out with his shooting. It could be RJ if we want to use Zion as a lob dunk threat behind the zone.
    Might be time for Duke's Death Lineup. RJ at the high post, Zion down low, with Tre, Alex or Jack, and Cam along the perimeter.

I thought Zion did a better job of turning from the free throw line and taking it for a layup. RJ seemed to turn and immediately take the jumper from there. So this was only a couple of times each, and from my memory, both times for Zion ended in points, the couple of times for RJ ended in missed jumpers. Again, limited sample size, but...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I could also see a few situations in which Zion is in the high post and Marques is down low, along the baseline, about 10 feet away from the lane and buried behind the basket almost. The zone keys in on Zion while Marques finds an open lane for a lob. He did that a little in the Kentucky game and Wendell Carter, Jr. exploited the Syracuse zone quite a bit with that maneuver.

EMU's current coach Rob Murphy is a former Syracuse assistant and will play zone the entire game.

Duke will have to pass well, grab some o-boards and of course hit some shots. Hopefully we dominate on defense, too.
    It will be a good test as many team will try this- some will be better at it than others.

In N VA on Verizon Fios the game is on ch 821. It must be free because it is letting me record it on a Fios dvr.

For anyone in the NYC area, it is playing on the YES (Yankees) Network but there is a Nets game during that time slot. As a result, they aren't showing it until 10:30PM as a replay.

I, too, am curious to see how we'll attack the zone and agree that Zion at the foul line is the best approach because he is such a good passer. But, I am sure K will try a bunch of different looks in there...hopefully we'll also get some live ball turnovers and even push off makes to see if we can get good shots before the zone sets up.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    In N VA on Verizon Fios the game is on ch 821. It must be free because it is letting me record it on a Fios dvr.
    Appears that it is on 821 in the District of Columbia too!

IIRC, we used both RJ and Zion in the zone buster role when Kentucky tried to use zone on us for about 7-8 possessions (it did absolutely nothing to slow us down).

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    It will be a good test as many team will try this- some will be better at it than others.
    Is it my imagination, or didn't Army play zone most of the game? At least it looked like it. Or maybe a matchup zone of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Appears that it is on 821 in the District of Columbia too!
    The game is on 821 in Hampton Roads as well but that channel is not free. My TV tells me I can add the required sports package for $14 a month.

I'll double check at game time but most likely will be streaming via WatchESPN.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Is it my imagination, or didn't Army play zone most of the game? At least it looked like it. Or maybe a matchup zone of some sort?
    It was definitely some sort of hybrid.

sorry if this was covered before, but, what station is the game on?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    See Post #14.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Depends on where you are: Fox Sports this or that, unless you're getting something else locally.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Man, really excited to see Zion, RJ, and Cam try to finish against EMU's trees. I mean, our zone offense should still revolve around ball movement and using our passing IQ to find uncontested shots. But the nature of Zion and RJ's aggressiveness should still lead to some around-the-basket clashes of finisher vs shotblocker.

There's a decent chance we'll see Zion dunk on someone tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Direct TV FSN...
    I tried to remotely set it to record using my DirectTV app and despite FSN being included in my package and the app listing the game on many FSN channels (646,653, 654, 659, 662, 663, 668) it refused to let me record any of them. Worse it doesn't say why (blacked out, don't get that flavor of FSN, etc.). I can watch the beginning of the game live on ESPN+ but I wanted to record it to watch the 2nd half, which I won't be able to watch live. DTV app is poorly constructed and confusing.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Barrett cold so far. I like the energy and focus so far though.