Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 42 - Lying Cheating Scumbags Forever 35 -- Post-Game Thoughts

Feel free to talk about how we whupped up on those cheaters here.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Feel free to talk about how we whupped up on those cheaters here.
    Daniel Jones was amazing👍

Wonderful victory, but against a normal team there is no way we win that game making the number of mistakes (kicking game, dropped passes, turnovers) we made. But luckily, we weren’t playing a normal team. We were playing a Larry Fedora team.

-Jason "we really need to start a GoFundMe to keep him on as UNC coach forever!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I will bask in this glow as long as I can, and attempt to avoid thinking about what is going to happen in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Daniel Jones was amazing👍
    I suspect the NFL is paying close attention.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I will bask in this glow as long as I can, and attempt to avoid thinking about what is going to happen in 7 days.
    Need to stay healthy-particularly Jones.

7-3 vs. 1-8. Pretty damn sweet.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Need to stay healthy-particularly Jones.
    Take a wrong turn and go to Myrtle Beach...give em the W. Come back healthy 7-4.

As for today, I thought the Cheats would be closer to Duke in ability - but Duke is far superior, just failed to make 4-5-6 plays that would've run up the margins. This is a game we'd have lost in years past. Hopefully in years future it's a game we'll take care of business and put a team away when we have the chance.

Daniel Jones has an unbelievable game both running n throwing the damn ball! He really put on some show accounting for 4 TD’s, 3 throwing n 1 running. The offensive line did a very nice job protecting him n opening holes for him to run through. Defense came up big in the 2nd half allowing just 1 TD. Very impressive 2nd half by the D especially with how depleted they are. Humphreys had a great game specially without having Joe Giles-Harris to help him. The Victory Bell stays in Durham for a third year! Congrats Blue Devils!

I was accompanying students at an all-day competition and thus unable to watch the game, but in light of Daniel Jones’s numbers, unc’s pass rushers do not in fact appear to have met each other in the backfield.

The one down note in this game: Dylan Singleton is having season ending surgery. At this point, I would tell Cut not to bring back JGH next week or any other partially injured players (Brittain Brown) in a game where we're going to be 25 point underdogs. Not worth it.

Otherwise, outstanding game. The offensive line was generally much better, giving Jones plenty of time and Jones took great use of it. If Chris Taylor and a few others (Daniel Helm for one) could've reeled in a number of balls thrown their way that they dropped, this game would not have been close
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Wonderful victory, but against a normal team there is no way we win that game making the number of mistakes (kicking game, dropped passes, turnovers) we made. But luckily, we weren’t playing a normal team. We were playing a Larry Fedora team.

-Jason "we really need to start a GoFundMe to keep him on as UNC coach forever!" Evans
    Inspired by a great movie scene...

After a melancholy ride to Chapel Hill, The Hat receives a text from Bubba.

Larry, come by my office.

The Hat goes instead to his own office, but, to his dismay, finds Bubba waiting in his path. The Hat cautiously opens the conversation.

Fedora: "It's good to see you, boss."

Cunningham: "You contemptible pig! I stayed at games in Kenan for you. I stood at the back of the stands, waiting, for you, with three hundred fans in attendance. The administration hired the most pliable professors in the state. To recruit the best players, Fats used up his last favor with the dental mafia. So for me, for the Rams club, and for me, I must now fire you."

The Hat falls to his knees.

Fedora: "Oh, please, don't fire me! Please, please don't fire me! You know I love you, Bubba. I wouldn't fail ya. It wasn't my fault!"

Cunningham: "You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of 4 of 23? You betrayed me."

Fedora: "No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for the refs. My visor didn't come back from the cleaners. Swofford came in from out of town. Fats stole my car. There was an earthquake, and Roy wouldn't stop complaining about the fans. A terrible flood. Packs of wolves! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

[The Hat removes his visor to make a wordless appeal, and the athletic director visibly softens]

Cunningham: "Oh, Larry... Larry..."

[They embrace and The Hat signs a contract extension]

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    The one down note in this game: Dylan Singleton is having season ending surgery. At this point, I would tell Cut not to bring back JGH next week or any other partially injured players (Brittain Brown) in a game where we're going to be 25 point underdogs. Not worth it.

Otherwise, outstanding game. The offensive line was generally much better, giving Jones plenty of time and Jones took great use of it. If Chris Taylor and a few others (Daniel Helm for one) could've reeled in a number of balls thrown their way that they dropped, this game would not have been close
    I was beginning to think that the delay of game penalty on our last possession was going to come back and bite us in the butt. We almost had another but the coaches called timeout. A great game but we need to clean up the dropped passes and turnovers. Great, great game for Daniel. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I was beginning to think that the delay of game penalty on our last possession was going to come back and bite us in the butt. We almost had another but the coaches called timeout. A great game but we need to clean up the dropped passes and turnovers. Great, great game for Daniel. GoDuke!
    We also need to fix whatever is causing so many offsides calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    We also need to fix whatever is causing so many offsides calls.
    Yes, and the kicking game can improve as well. One missed and one blocked. As someone up thread posted, we should have won going away but just beating the scums from Cheat Hill is always a great thing. GoDuke & the cheats know where they can go.

Carolina looked good.

Wonderful victory, but against a normal team there is no way we win that game making the number of mistakes (kicking game, dropped passes, turnovers) we made.
    Not sure dropped passes even count as "mistakes" for us anymore. It'd be like blaming Tre Jones for not being 6' 6"... it is what it is, and it's not going to change. We are so few players away from being a top 15 team.

Of course, we won 4 games in my 4 years at Duke, so can't complain about 7-3.

2 fumbles, forced no turnovers, dumb penalties, terrible punting, blocked FG, a ton of dropped passes, and a band-aid secondary. Not even counting the late interception which UNC should have just batted down for better field result.

Really glad we won this. But we could have put this game away SOOOOOO much earlier. Lots to improve on before heading to Clemson.

If not for our mistakes, there’s no way that those shoe salesmen from Orange County could have stayed close.