View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Kentucky tonight?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marques Bolden

1 0.68%
  • Zion Williamson

34 22.97%
  • RJ Barrett

50 33.78%
  • Cam Reddish

2 1.35%
  • Tre Jones

7 4.73%
  • Jack White

54 36.49%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Antonio Vrankovic

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went with Zion for the highlights and the efficient play but I could have picked just about anyone. What a great game by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well I guess we have to stop the hype about Zion...Jalen Rose assured his ESPN audience that Zion wouldn't have started for the Fab Five.

Okay, got it...
    Jalen, holding on to your bitterness is unhealthy. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Jalen, holding on to your bitterness is unhealthy. Let it go.
    You know what's ironic? Their losing to the Cheats in the Title game as sophomores just increases their bitterness towards Duke.

As for my vote, I went RJ because he set the tone early. But hey, there's a lot of names on that list that I could support for MOTM

You know what's ironic? Their losing to the Cheats in the Title game as sophomores just increases their bitterness towards Duke.
    . . . and, frankly, adds to my dislike of the Fab Five.

Webber walks, then when it isn't called he signals for a time out they don't have. Still think he was paid to throw the damn game. But either way -- they gave another championship to those bastards down the road.

Well I guess we have to stop the hype about Zion...Jalen Rose assured his ESPN audience that Zion wouldn't have started for the Fab Five.

Okay, got it...
    Wait, what?

So anyway, the Zion play with the block and the pass? Amazing, incredible, and every other adjective. On the official box score, I actually wondered if that could be called a steal. It was that ridiculous, He just took the ball from him. BAM!

Opponents will need to start doing those ball protection drills football running backs need to go through. Can you even begin to imagine the havoc Zion would wreak on a football field?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Okay, got it...
    Word to Jalen Rose> Our 4 freshmen are better than the top 4 guys of the Fab 5, and Chris Webber is the ONLY Fab 5 member that would start on this Duke team. The only debatable case at all would be Jalen vs Tre, but my money is on Tre.

Okay, got it...
    The Fab Losers never won anything worth talking about. Jalen is another Duke hater and not worth the waste of my time watching or listening to him. He should have been a Cheat player. GoDuke!
    Oh, by the way, I voted for Jack White for his all around game. It looks like he is the leader on this squad. GoDuke!

Okay, got it...
    I saw the segment and Jalen explained that Zion would not start in front of Juwon Howard or Chris Webber. In fairness, I suppose one could make that argument, but the idea that Zion would not have started at the "3" over Ray Jackson (4.6ppg as a freshman) is just silly. It also should be noted that the great Juwon Howard averaged 11 ppg and 6 rpg as a freshman... Zion will laugh at those numbers this season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Word to Jalen Rose> Our 4 freshmen are better than the top 4 guys of the Fab 5, and Chris Webber is the ONLY Fab 5 member that would start on this Duke team. The only debatable case at all would be Jalen vs Tre, but my money is on Tre.
    I agree with you Newton.
    (I can't read your message because of a pop-up blocker. Will work on it, but I'm in Oklahoma City and my grandchildren are at Bald Head Island.)

Okay, got it...
    No Zion would not have started for the Fab Five, because he would not have set foot in Ann Arbor to play with a sorry tweener point guard like Jalen Rose.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I haven't voted yet, but in just about any other game, Jack White would pushing unanimous. In just about any other game, on any other team...
    JW was awesome, but Barrett got my vote. In my head it was a virtual tie.
    I kind of assumed that with all the points, that someone would have had a double-double. JW actually came the closest, only needing one more point to go along with his 11 rebounds. If I had noticed that stat before I voted, I probably would have gone the other way.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I voted for Zanos because of his efficiency and because...wow, just holy crap wow, what the? Oh my goodness! Did you see that? How? Wait, what? 275?

Yesterday morning I was talking with a friend about the game and I made 2 points which I feel played out:

1) I said that if we got worried we could always give the ball to RJ and he'd make plays
    2) I said that Jack White was going to be a valuable player and that there are going to be games where he has a great positive effect without scoring much (if at all).

What a fun game to watch. This team might be special, even for a Duke squad.

As great as several players were.i took jack white for a few rebounds and hustle plays that stood out.i thought he was the glue several times.
    There was so many amazingly shocking plays all over the court it's tough to pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I saw the segment and Jalen explained that Zion would not start in front of Juwon Howard or Chris Webber. In fairness, I suppose one could make that argument, but the idea that Zion would not have started at the "3" over Ray Jackson (4.6ppg as a freshman) is just silly. It also should be noted that the great Juwon Howard averaged 11 ppg and 6 rpg as a freshman... Zion will laugh at those numbers this season.
    I would also posit the notion that if Zion had been in that class, he would've been just as hyped as Webber was coming in, and has perhaps a better overall game than Webber at the same point (ironic, since so many thought he was merely an amazing dunker against sub par HS competition....

Voting

I sure enjoyed all of theses candidates more than anybody else I voted for yesterday...😋

My vote went to Jack White for exceeding expectations, glue, and captaincy... but goodness gracious, everybody was wonderful!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    So true. I voted for White simply because his performance was about "chopping wood and carrying water". Barrett, Reddish and, Williamson are gonna be a regular rotation of who has the most double/triple-doubles.

What a fun team this appears to be.
    Ditto.

The Reddish stat line is astonishing in that it is so good, but blended into an amazing team performance.

Jack gets my vote as the so-called every man (as though any of us could actually play like that).

The frosh were playing a game with which I am not familiar.

I went with RJ because of his first half performance, which put the game out of reach. But I could have gone with any of the starters or Jack - they were all sensational!

This was the ultimate team victory, so I gave it to Jack as captain. When the camera cut to the team during play stoppage, he was talking to the others - leadership.
    Everyone seemed to just have fun out there (everyone with "Duke" on their uniform). Great win for the entire team

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Wow. Cam Reddish scores 22 in his Duke debut, 3 assists, 4 steals, no turnovers, hits all his FTs, and can't get a vote? That tells you something about how well the team played tonight.
    I thought about voting for Cam. He was awfully good, especially on D.

No wrong answer here, but I voted for Tre. He hits the first shot of the game by draining a three. Awesome way to set the tone and be a steadying influence. It didn't look like anyone had a case of the nerves, but hitting that shot may have helped things a bit. Plus, I believe he had 7 assists and 0 turnovers and he's a good defender. He got the team off to a great start!