Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    you can't possibly make that statement for at least two reasons...
    A: not every pump fake situation is the same, not by a million light years...
    B: I will not excuse any official who doesn't understand point A.

EDIT: oh, and another
    C: We do see situations every season (not enough) where the ref clearly does NOT bite on these phony fouls...especially at end game and end/clock situations.
    I'll definitely entertain examples where a defender bites on a shooters pump fake, ends up in the air, makes contact with the shooter, and is NOT called for the foul.
    April 1

The ACC just released a video of TV Teddy from the league’s review office:

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'll definitely entertain examples where a defender bites on a shooters pump fake, ends up in the air, makes contact with the shooter, and is NOT called for the foul.
    One of the problems in the play by Reddish was that he seemingly bit on the pumpfake twice. Got caught in the air, gathered himself, then got caught in the air again.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Took me about two seconds to find one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnzGRV0ZysI

And you know the irony is, this one WAS a foul...but as if to PROVE my point, the ref did not go for it.

EDIT: here is language on this kind of play, and it's from the NBA, but the same principle should hold in college: and this would be the situation with Cam: " However, if the defender is vertical (jumping straight up and down) or going to completely miss the offensive player (e.g., jumping to his side), and the offensive player seeks out contact with the airborne defender, it is an offensive foul if the contact is more than marginal (that is, minimal contact will not be called)."

By that rule, Cam should not have been called.

Just wondering

If any of those in the “refs don’t affect the outcome of the game” camp are New Orleans Saints fans.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    If any of those in the “refs don’t affect the outcome of the game” camp are New Orleans Saints fans.
    Even the Patriots/Kansas City Game there were a lot of examples. Those are going to happen and one hopes they balance out and don't impact the outcome as they did to New Orleans. In the Patriots game there was a roughing the passer penalty that clearly was not and then there was a pick play on a Kansas City touchdown that should have been called. Lots of pass interference could have been called seemed to go Kansas City's way. In all though, the refs made some errors but it probably didn't impact the final outcome. In Basketball, I dread seeing some of the refs like Teddy Valentine. One would think the league would score these refs and keep the ones out who make a lot of errors or have bad attitudes.