Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Considering watching this game in the fetal position. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    It's like an eclipse...don't look directly at it...

Just make sure you've got a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    We still don't know if Joe Giles Harris will play against Clemson but he did travel with the team. Here's Hoping. We sure could use the big guy.
    Yup. At minimum, progress.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I’ll watch it from section V for victory. (Row V as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I’ll watch it from section V for victory. (Row V as well.)
    I'll watch it until it becomes unwatchable. But, since I'm not actually PLAYING in the game, I'm not out there busting my buttchops trying to bring the school a measure of pride for a sometimes ungrateful fan base, whatever discomfort I may feel probably has more to do from having my brain irradiated by a 55 inch wide screen TV than for any true pain derived from merely watching the game. There's always the whining that comes after a loss that will help soothe my damaged psyche.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 11-16-2018 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Sorry, I just finished up a Christopher Hitchens novel. I mean he writes like a bandit but geez what a sourpuss.

TigerNet folks kinda ridiculous

On the score prediction thread at TigerNet, the most prominent Clemson fan forum, most predictions are something like 56-13...and there is a 65-7 prediction....and 42-16 was I think the closest prediction. Man I so wish we had our healthy D to go down there...

They are overconfident, and looking forward to South Carolina’s hate fest next week.

Cut has been plotting and scheming.

We have them just where we want them.

Duke 31, Clemson 27.

(Or not. Either way, LGD!!!)

"You must spread some Comments around before commenting on OldPhiKap again."

i'm watching the game from sunday morning...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ... i'm watching the game from sunday morning ...
    That sounds easy ...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They are overconfident, and looking forward to South Carolina’s hate fest next week.

Cut has been plotting and scheming.

We have them just where we want them.

Duke 31, Clemson 27.

(Or not. Either way, LGD!!!)
    Beef_tenderloin.jpg

and

fb6d17ee8efaa7bf732a68242e33649c_640x640.jpg

My contribution is ready...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I love this look. I’ve always had a thing for white football helmets, and I dig the overall unadorned nature of this ensemble (with no black!). With Clemson presumably in their traditional orange and everybody under the lights, this will be a pretty football game to look at...until it’s ugly to look at.
    It's going to be senior night for Clemson. Don't they usually wear more purple, especially pants, for senior night?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    It's going to be senior night for Clemson. Don't they usually wear more purple, especially pants, for senior night?
    Yes, it’s a “purple out” for Military Appreciation Night (purple heart and all.)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'll watch it until it becomes unwatchable. But, since I'm not actually PLAYING in the game, I'm not out there busting my buttchops trying to bring the school a measure of pride for a sometimes ungrateful fan base, whatever discomfort I may feel probably has more to do from having my brain irradiated by a 55 inch wide screen TV than for any true pain derived from merely watching the game. There's always the whining that comes after a loss that will help soothe my damaged psyche.
    Yes. I too feel that Duke will play their hearts out... and us fan base gotta stick with them...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    On the score prediction thread at TigerNet, the most prominent Clemson fan forum, most predictions are something like 56-13...and there is a 65-7 prediction...and 42-16 was I think the closest prediction. Man I so wish we had our healthy D to go down there...
    At least it wasn’t 77 - 16 😎

Brett Friedlander's weekly "Five Questions to Ponder" article:

http://nsjonline.com/article/2018/11...re-kickoff-23/

Although it will be trying to win the game on the scoreboard, Duke can declare victory if it can return home to Durham with all its key players healthy.
    Bob Green

Are they letting the Tigers play 15 men on the field at the same time or something? Sure, they are one of the top teams in the land, and should be heavily favored.
    But we aren't that bad. If we protect Jones, and he is sharp, and the receivers don't drop catchable balls, this thing could be closer than most of us here think.
    Also, the defense must be on point, just make the Tigers earn everything, no 80 yard runs from scrimmage. And remember this. We've had some of our best wins on the road this season..Go DUKE!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Brett Friedlander's weekly "Five Questions to Ponder" article:

http://nsjonline.com/article/2018/11...re-kickoff-23/
    Yeah, I never want to say that the goal is not winning.

But avoiding injuries is pretty big at this point of this season.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-17-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I will watch some and if it becomes painful will fall back on checking my reliable theScore app on my phone.

I’m looking forward to the emergency DBR podcast tonight where all 3 of the guys are hammered from the surprise Clemson upset! If only...
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yeah, I never want to say that the goal is not winning.

But avoiding injuries is pretty big at this point of this season.
    Strategy versus tactics...and how a fan can look at it, that a coaching staff and team cannot:

The tactical plan to beat Clemson is one thing...but the strategy of moving Duke's program forward, is something else. Winning 8, and then a bowl game, is a very reachable and attainable goal, and would serve the strategy of moving the program forward. More losses of personnel against Clemson will set that goal back. Of course, you can't game plan for football simply to avoid injuries...but as fans, we are allowed the luxury of stepping back and pinning our hopes on keeping the score respectable and the infirmary empty...en route to 9-4.

Clemson is a battle. The program's success is the war.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.