Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Lots of moving parts and too soon to know how this will play out. But Aaron Young would certainly help Duke more as a sixth-year senior in 2020 then in the final three games of 2018.
    Thanks, Jim. I appreciate you sharing your insight on the situation.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Young is not likely to play this week. He had a great opener against Army but has only played once since then.

Duke is going to pursue a sixth-year for Edgar Cerenord, who was a healthy redshirt as a freshman but played only four games this season before going down with an injury.

Cerenord would not have had much of a case a few years ago. But the new warm-and-fuzzy NCAA has been more player-friendly in recent years, so who knows?

Young is a redshirt junior, a healthy redshirt as a freshman. Down the road, he and Duke might want to pursue a sixth year. But not likely if he plays again this season.

Lots of moving parts and too soon to know how this will play out. But Aaron Young would certainly help Duke more as a sixth-year senior in 2020 then in the final three games of 2018.

And yes, hamstring injuries can and do linger. Anthony Nash lost entire seasons to that problem.

As an aside, I'll take Duke and 85 points.
    Doubt you'll have may pie-takers on that one.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocktower View Post
    I'll be at the game Saturday night. Daughter is a Clemson frosh who's bored with the football program because there are no suspenseful games. I'm going to wear my Duke gear (even though not sitting with the other Duke fans) and will hope to be harassed by the home crowd because the only way that will happen is if we pose some sort of threat to them.

Duke football: our next four games include the #2 and #1 nationally ranked teams! Go get 'em!
    As an ‘09 Clemson grad, I feel entitled to say... kids these days! Tell your daughter the alternative is weekly excitement about whether or not “Clemsoning” will happen.

Seriously though, enjoy the trip! Here’s hoping for a close, exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    As an ‘09 Clemson grad, I feel entitled to say... kids these days! Tell your daughter the alternative is weekly excitement about whether or not “Clemsoning” will happen.

Seriously though, enjoy the trip! Here’s hoping for a close, exciting game.
    I bet they could charge admission to the post game press conference no matter what the score if they simply announced that multiple members of the press were going to ask Dabo about Clemsoning!

All white unis for Saturday night, white helmet with the iron D.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Go Good Guys!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Clean. Classy. All business, as it should be at Clemson. I Like it.
    Also, I wanted an excuse to bump the FB game thread back on page one...

... white helmet with the iron D.
    And apparently no stripe on the middle of the helmet, per the Twitter reveal. Do not recall ever seeing that for Duke under Cut.

Maybe it signifies the need to play an absolutely "clean" game -- no penalties, no plays for a loss while on O.
    Last edited by Reilly; 11-16-2018 at 07:48 AM.

"This is what we play for, it's a huge opportunity... We're confident that we'll make the most of it."

"Silencing a crowd like that is a satisfying feeling and we'll be looking to do that."

Daniel Jones is ready to play. Bob Sutton of the Burlington (NC) Times-News has the story:

https://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/...-shot-at-upset

Hope springs eternal, said Alexander Pope. I'll be tuned in to the TV, and really wish I could be there. Butterflies already. Let the legend of Big Dan J begin.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    And apparently no stripe on the middle of the helmet...
    Yes sir, that appears to be the case:

White No Stripe Helmet.jpg
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    And apparently no stripe on the middle of the helmet, per the Twitter reveal. Do not recall ever seeing that for Duke under Cut.

Maybe it signifies the need to play an absolutely "clean" game -- no penalties, no plays for a loss while on O.
    Plus they could sell ice cream after the game and make a little spending money...

Bob, that photo looks like stormtrooper (?) helmets (sorry, not a Star Wars fan so reference may be totally wrong).

Clemson at #2 is as high of a ranked team that we've played since almost five years ago (Dec 7, 2013) playing #1 FSU in the ACCCG.

Anybody know the last ranked team we beat (ranked in AP at the time of the game)? 2016 -- beat #15 UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Yes sir, that appears to be the case:

White No Stripe Helmet.jpg
    I love this look. I’ve always had a thing for white football helmets, and I dig the overall unadorned nature of this ensemble (with no black!). With Clemson presumably in their traditional orange and everybody under the lights, this will be a pretty football game to look at...until it’s ugly to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I love this look. I’ve always had a thing for white football helmets, and I dig the overall unadorned nature of this ensemble (with no black!). With Clemson presumably in their traditional orange and everybody under the lights, this will be a pretty football game to look at...until it’s ugly to look at.
    I go the other way - I think white helmets look soft, especially with no center stripe. Perhaps because I associate them first with the NFL Cardinals, who've generally ranked among the league's worst teams defensively through much of my lifetime.

I think the regular thick blue stripe helps to toughen up things a bit, but prefer the blue ones, especially with the Iron Duke D. Blue pants with the white jerseys, too. But very glad that our all-white ensemble does not veer into Storm Trooper territory (i.e. no stripes on helmet, jersey or parts, but visible swooshes and UA logos of course), which is almost as overdone these days as the all-black look.

Now get off my lawn...

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I go the other way - I think white helmets look soft, especially with no center stripe. Perhaps because I associate them first with the NFL Cardinals, who've generally ranked among the league's worst teams defensively through much of my lifetime.

I think the regular thick blue stripe helps to toughen up things a bit, but prefer the blue ones, especially with the Iron Duke D. Blue pants with the white jerseys, too. But very glad that our all-white ensemble does not veer into Storm Trooper territory (i.e. no stripes on helmet, jersey or parts, but visible swooshes and UA logos of course), which is almost as overdone these days as the all-black look.

Now get off my lawn...
    Totally agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Soft? Cardinals? Conrad Dobler says hello:

Conrad Dobler.jpg
    Bob Green

Conrad Dobler.jpg
    Maybe they should've put him on the other side of the ball. Dierdorf, too.

Conrad Dobler.jpg
    He needs another 6 on that jersey...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Conrad Dobler.jpg
    "Dirty Dobler" as he was affectionately known. Makes Chris Paul look meek. GoDuke!

We still don't know if Joe Giles Harris will play against Clemson but he did travel with the team. Here's Hoping. We sure could use the big guy.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide