Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Also, nice to see all 4 games involving ACC teams tonight available for picking.
    Indeed, and they did trickle in throughout the day like I originally posted upthread. I thought I had remembered wrong from last season.

It's annoying, though. If the lines aren't all available at the start of the day, we do have to check the lines maybe at lunch and then maybe once more before the evening in order to find the lagging games.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Went 2-2 yesterday, so I still owe the pot... 5,000 credits. Trying to pay back 4k tonight:

NC-Ash (+24.5), Over 153.5
    The U (-14.5), Under 143.5
    Southern (+25.5), Under 145.5
    Ga. Tech (+16), Under 140.0
    It is rediculously hard to deliberately lose. I had to work off some ill gotten gains last year. Must be some deep brain thing tricking your conscious brain.

I keep getting an error trying to access the contest. I get the main page, and I am logged in, but when I go to contests, "page not available."

Anyone else having problems? Is the site experiencing problems, or just me?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I keep getting an error trying to access the contest. I get the main page, and I am logged in, but when I go to contests, "page not available."

Anyone else having problems? Is the site experiencing problems, or just me?
    I'm having no issues. This link will take you straight to the DBR contest page:

https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...0-a98f00deda09
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm having no issues. This link will take you straight to the DBR contest page:

https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...0-a98f00deda09
    Nope...telling me site can't be reached. Odd

I am having no trouble getting to the site, but my score would be better if it were blocked.

That is strange. My suggestions are pretty basic:

1. Reboot your computer and try again.
    2. Use a different browser.

It seems easier to try those two suggestions in the opposite order I listed them.
    Bob Green

I'm impressed with your selectiveness and discipline, Green Wave. (Not saying that strategy's for me or everyone else).

Duke -23 was the best selection on the board tonight and your only play. Why spoil that bet with other bets that you're less sure about? +500. Slow and steady, like the turtoise, and now you're essentially tied for first place.

fyi, I'll be pretty busy over the next couple of days so I might not have the volume of picks that I usually have. Good chance for y'all to (try to) catch up ;-)

I'm going to try my best to climb out of the red and into the black this weekend. Lots of games to pick so I need to figure out how to pick some winners.

William & Mary at Notre Dame is the only ACC game currently posted at Covers but I'm certain the other games will pop in as the morning progresses.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I'm impressed with your selectiveness and discipline, Green Wave. (Not saying that strategy's for me or everyone else).

Duke -23 was the best selection on the board tonight and your only play. Why spoil that bet with other bets that you're less sure about? +500. Slow and steady, like the turtoise, and now you're essentially tied for first place.

Well, what will probably NOT impress you - or I should say it will impress my stupidity on you - is I just put $400 on Illinois over Gonzaga. I grew up in central Illinois, we leave Tuesday to go back for Thanksgiving, and I am excited about Duke playing in Maui,..., and I deserve to be whipped by a thousand wet noodles.

Sorry. I’ll take my punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Well, what will probably NOT impress you - or I should say it will impress my stupidity on you - is I just put $400 on Illinois over Gonzaga. I grew up in central Illinois, we leave Tuesday to go back for Thanksgiving, and I am excited about Duke playing in Maui,..., and I deserve to be whipped by a thousand wet noodles.

Nope, I'm still impressed. This time, that you were early enough to grab Duke -13.5.

I was not the early bird and had to take Duke -15.

For contrarians, this might be an opportunity to make up ground. Most of us will probably be on Duke, and if you take SDSU later at like +16 or something, you could gain a lot on the league if SDSU happens to keep it close and cover.

As for your bet, GWD, hopefully Zaga covers and you won't have to enter Jason Evans' torture chamber for degenerates that can't stick to the rules.

Nope, I'm still impressed. This time, that you were early enough to grab Duke -13.5.

For contrarians, this might be an opportunity to make up ground. Most of us will probably be on Duke, and if you take SDSU later at like +16 or something, you could gain a lot on the league if SDSU happens to keep it close and cover.

As for your bet, GWD, hopefully Zaga covers and you won't have to enter Jason Evans' torture chamber for degenerates that can't stick to the rules.
    It's there right now. And I'm tempted. But I'm gonna let it drift even higher. I'm betting it touches 17 or more.

- Chillin

Yeah, I thought Christmas had come early when I saw that line.

My punishment

Since Illinois beat the spread last night, I've got 400 points to try to return to the field. So, in an attempt to get out of jail as quickly as possible, I'm not sitting around trying to roll doubles, I've put the 400 on Texas A&M +3 over Washington. Hopefully I have a one night sentence in the slammer. (and I'm impatiently looking for the line on tonight's game vs Auburn)

Hopefully I have a one night sentence in the slammer.
    Good luck, it's a slippery slope to climb out of... We'll miss you.

Duke opens at -10.5 on Auburn. Cha-ching.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Duke opens at -10.5 on Auburn. Cha-ching.
    I took the over, can't remember exactly but think it was around 160. I think it's going to be higher scoring than that and was confident enough to enter this contest with that as my first bet. Not sure about the spread, though, since this is likely to be our first actually challenging game and I haven't seen how this group responds to game pressure being applied by an experienced and athletic team. I wouldn't be surprised to see a nail-biter. Will be super interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    this is likely to be our first actually challenging game and I haven't seen how this group responds to game pressure being applied by an experienced and athletic team.
    So, umm, doesn't the above statement almost exactly describe the Kentucky game? I guess Kentucky wasn't as experienced in the backcourt, but they sure were in the frontcourt. Auburn simply does not have NBA kind of talent on their team. And while they are used to being the most versatile and athletic team on the floor, I suspect they will be overwhelmed when they realize Duke is far more athletic and versatile than they are.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, umm, doesn't the above statement almost exactly describe the Kentucky game? I guess Kentucky wasn't as experienced in the backcourt, but they sure were in the frontcourt. Auburn simply does not have NBA kind of talent on their team. And while they are used to being the most versatile and athletic team on the floor, I suspect they will be overwhelmed when they realize Duke is far more athletic and versatile than they are.
    I took Duke even at -10.5 for these exact reasons. Playing the #8 team in the country on a neutral court and Vegas gives us 10.5 points? That's saying a lot about the confidence in Duke. I think Auburn gets intimidated 3/4 of the way through the first half and wilts under the big lights.