Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I am in again. The first part of the season is tough. Hard to get a sense of the teams so early. ACC season contest is a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    The two people in 1st after Day 1 are really good at picking games. Terrible at following instructions though.
    Sigh...

TheDukeLamere-- you made the following successful picks that did not involve ACC teams and are therefore invalid:
    Weber St vs San Diego - 500
    Fairfield vs Purdue - 500
    Mich St vs Kansas - 500
    MSU/Kansas over - 500
    Indiana St vs Ball St - 500
    ISU/BallSt over - 500
    Portland St vs Oregon - 500
    BYU vs Nevada - 500

By my count that is 4000 worth of wagers that are illegal in our contest and must be wiped out. I will need you to post in this thread with details of other games you are picking that you are trying to lose. Your losses must equal 4400 units (4000 in wins plus the 400 unit vig). Again, you need to correct this by making losing picks. Please post here it keep us appraised of your progress on this.

JMania919-- you also broke the rules by wagering on games not involving ACC teams. Here are your invalid picks that must be corrected:
    Penn vs George Mason - 500
    Sienna vs Providence - 500
    Rider vs Central Florida - 500

That is 1500 (plus the vig =1650) in losses you must also pick. Again, please post in this thread with details of your intentional losing picks.

-Jason "folks, this ain't difficult. We have done it this way forever... pick ONLY GAMES INVOLVING ACC TEAMS!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I got a little pick crazy after my afternoon coffee and obviously didn't read the directions... 16-4 with one of the misses being an emotional hedge on UK. Guess I should have called my bookie yesterday

I'll bring that 4400 down as quickly as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I got a little pick crazy after my afternoon coffee and obviously didn't read the directions... 16-4 with one of the misses being an emotional hedge on UK. Guess I should have called my bookie yesterday

Not to rub it in, but I do find it pretty hysterical that by going 16-4 with your picks you are almost eliminated from the competition.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sigh...

TheDukeLamere-- you made the following successful picks that did not involve ACC teams and are therefore invalid:
    Weber St vs San Diego - 500
    Fairfield vs Purdue - 500
    Mich St vs Kansas - 500
    MSU/Kansas over - 500
    Indiana St vs Ball St - 500
    ISU/BallSt over - 500
    Portland St vs Oregon - 500
    BYU vs Nevada - 500

By my count that is 4000 worth of wagers that are illegal in our contest and must be wiped out. I will need you to post in this thread with details of other games you are picking that you are trying to lose. Your losses must equal 4400 units (4000 in wins plus the 400 unit vig). Again, you need to correct this by making losing picks. Please post here it keep us appraised of your progress on this.

JMania919-- you also broke the rules by wagering on games not involving ACC teams. Here are your invalid picks that must be corrected:
    Penn vs George Mason - 500
    Sienna vs Providence - 500
    Rider vs Central Florida - 500

That is 1500 (plus the vig =1650) in losses you must also pick. Again, please post in this thread with details of your intentional losing picks.

-Jason "folks, this ain't difficult. We have done it this way forever... pick ONLY GAMES INVOLVING ACC TEAMS!" Evans
    JMania919 is actually my brother. I'm not sure he has an account here. I told him that he messed up with his non-ACC picks and he created a second account (ZionWinniamson smh). Can you just delete the jmania919 account instead?

JMania919 is actually my brother. I'm not sure he has an account here. I told him that he messed up with his non-ACC picks and he created a second account (ZionWinniamson smh). Can you just delete the jmania919 account instead?
    I can try but it might be easier for him to log into that account and try to delete it or something like that. Perhaps he can contact Covers and ask them to remove him. That may be easier than me trying to remove someone.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I can try but it might be easier for him to log into that account and try to delete it or something like that. Perhaps he can contact Covers and ask them to remove him. That may be easier than me trying to remove someone.
    Okay I'll let him know. It wouldn't surprise me if he does nothing. Just know that his entry doesn't count. I don't think he'll be making any more picks with that account though.

Okay I'll let him know. It wouldn't surprise me if he does nothing. Just know that his entry doesn't count. I don't think he'll be making any more picks with that account though.
    LOL

Sounds like you invited a real value add into the contest here.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    LOL

Sounds like you invited a real value add into the contest here.

- Chillin
    Yeah, you guys can ban me if you want. I deserve it.

bump to top

2 games today-I think

Reminder, please post your "I'm intentionally losing this game" picks in this thread so we can all track your progress getting rid of that 4400.

Reminder, please post your "I'm intentionally losing this game" picks in this thread so we can all track your progress getting rid of that 4400.
    Hoping to clear out 2000 tonight:
    Chicago St (+29.5), Under 149.5
    Nicholls St. (+19), Under 149

There are 6 games involving ACC teams tonight. However, I only see two of them posted on Covers (UNC/Elon and Pitt/VMI).

Will the other 4 be posted later or do they not post all possible games?

There are 6 games involving ACC teams tonight. However, I only see two of them posted on Covers (UNC/Elon and Pitt/VMI).

Will the other 4 be posted later or do they not post all possible games?
    Based on previous years, yes, they will be posted but you might not get all of them. So maybe 3 of the 4 get posted by this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Based on previous years, yes, they will be posted but you might not get all of them. So maybe 3 of the 4 get posted by this evening.
    Thanks Trouble. I appreciate it.

Hoping to clear out 2000 tonight:
    Chicago St (+29.5), Under 149.5
    Nicholls St. (+19), Under 149
    So I went 2-2... How does this work towards my getting out of jail payment? As far as Covers is concerned, I pushed last night; Would I take my 2 losses (1000 credits) off of my 4400, or is it a push here as well?

So I went 2-2... How does this work towards my getting out of jail payment? As far as Covers is concerned, I pushed last night; Would I take my 2 losses (1000 credits) off of my 4400, or is it a push here as well?
    Your wins wipe out your losses. You are required to wipe out that full 4400 of ill-gotten gains. All you succeeded in doing was reducing it by -100. So, you still owe 4300 in losses to the pool.

Virginia Military (+13), Over 142.5
    Elon (+17), Under 150.5

2000 on the line tonight, unless they post the other 4 games on Covers.

Thanks Trouble. I appreciate it.
    No problem, but looks like I was wrong, at least yesterday. Hopefully they post more ACC games today!

Virginia Military (+13), Over 142.5
    Elon (+17), Under 150.5

2000 on the line tonight, unless they post the other 4 games on Covers.
    Congrats on picking 3 of 4 losers for -1150. You still owe 3150 to the pool.