Christmas At Fedex Ground

I know, I was retiring last year, but when my SS checks started coming, and I found out how much I could make and not bother the amount of the check, decided to hang one more Christmas..But I am done after this year. Just wanted to remind you all that this year is going to be horrible, so shop early. I anticipate in spite of all those seasonal drivers, things may run behind by mid December, because of the online shopping volume, which is projected to be the most we've ever seen.
    They have taken away one of our holidays already ( we were supposed to be off Christmas Eve, now gotta work). And we are going six days a week starting November 19th. Add to that one of our major accounts (a certain pet products company, I won't call by name, and constantly puts false weights on their boxes) is projected to greatly increase their volume as well, we are looking at a nightmare holiday season.
    So again, please get your stuff out on time, and we will do everything humanly possible to see it arrives before Christmas..
    Thanks, and Merry Christmas..And Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I know, I was retiring last year, but when my SS checks started coming, and I found out how much I could make and not bother the amount of the check, decided to hang one more Christmas..But I am done after this year. Just wanted to remind you all that this year is going to be horrible, so shop early. I anticipate in spite of all those seasonal drivers, things may run behind by mid December, because of the online shopping volume, which is projected to be the most we've ever seen.
    They have taken away one of our holidays already ( we were supposed to be off Christmas Eve, now gotta work). And we are going six days a week starting November 19th. Add to that one of our major accounts (a certain pet products company, I won't call by name, and constantly puts false weights on their boxes) is projected to greatly increase their volume as well, we are looking at a nightmare holiday season.
    So again, please get your stuff out on time, and we will do everything humanly possible to see it arrives before Christmas..
    Thanks, and Merry Christmas..And Happy Holidays!
    Good luck. With the ongoing collapse of the physical retail sector, I suspect darn near everybody is going to be ordering on-line.

And I hope you spend the extra money on something really good for yourself and your loved ones.

Especially, yourself. Do the work, get the rewards.

Devilwin,
    What causes a Fedex package that is out for delivery to be returned to the facility and rescheduled for delivery the next day? I had a package out for delivery today. I just checked and it's back at the facility. What kind of situations can lead to that? Note: I live in the boonies, about 35 miles from the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Devilwin,
    What causes a Fedex package that is out for delivery to be returned to the facility and rescheduled for delivery the next day? I had a package out for delivery today. I just checked and it's back at the facility. What kind of situations can lead to that? Note: I live in the boonies, about 35 miles from the facility.
    Signature required and nobody home? A bear in your driveway? Roads flooded out? all possibilities. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Got back to work this week after having to spend a week at home nursing a strained lower back. Beginning to regret my decision to work another Christmas.
    I injured my back lugging a box of pet food and cat litter that weighed I found out later 74 pounds. Stepped in a hole in the customer's yard, which wrenched me sideways. The shipper (who I won't call by name, but you see their ads all the time on tv) said the box weighed 37.5 pounds! This is a common habit of *****.com, which is scamming us out of revenue. UPS I found out dropped them for the same reason!
    I also found out that we've had many drivers miss time from work because of this issue. One of the drivers I supervise is scheduled for back surgery next month when he injured his back toting a 60 pound box of this stuff up a flight of stairs and slipped a disc when he sat the box down. This company has been asked to split their shipments into more manageable weights, but they refused!
    I wasn't going to vent about this but saw their Christmas ad and nearly threw the remote through the tv..lol
    And the ads show the boxes magically appearing out of nowhere at your door..Yeah, that's how it works..Nobody lugs those over crammed boxes to your door in all kinds of weather. Nobody has to re-tape them when the over stuffed boxes split open..lol
    It's all done Harry Potter style..

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Devilwin,
    Forgot to tip the driver last time?

The biggest complaint in my town with packages is "last mile" delivery through USPS; we don't have home mail delivery, just a post office and PO Boxes. It's a bit of a crapshoot whether a package will wind up on my porch or at the PO - and thus unavailable except during regular desk hours (9-4 M-F and 9-12 Saturday).

Of course, the line at our PO is usually really short, even during hectic times.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The biggest complaint in my town with packages is "last mile" delivery through USPS; we don't have home mail delivery, just a post office and PO Boxes. It's a bit of a crapshoot whether a package will wind up on my porch or at the PO - and thus unavailable except during regular desk hours (9-4 M-F and 9-12 Saturday).

Of course, the line at our PO is usually really short, even during hectic times.

-jk
    Ha, the old P.O. Box situation...it's amazing how some on line vendors simply can't deal with the fact that I get my mail at the post office, but packages can be delivered to my physical address as well...the software for many also seems to misfire.
    We often get a notice via email from Amazon that the PO could not deliver our package, when in fact the package is happily residing there...
    We also live in a tiny town with two post offices with two different zip codes, and obviously there is some major database out there which does not recognize my legitimate zip code. All moot when Bezos starts
    dropping packages on my house.