Heels @ (-10.5) Duke, 12:20
    Liberty @ (-23.5) UVA, 3:00
    VT @ (-3.5) Pitt, 3:30 ESPNU
    Miami @ (-4.5) GTech, 7:00 ESPN
    FSU @ (-18) ND, 7:30 NBC
    (-17) Clemson @ BC, 8:00 ABC

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Miami @ (-4.5) GTech, 7:00 ESPN ...
    So either the nice Miami fans suffer a fourth straight loss, or Paul Johnson loses a home game where favored. That's what I call a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So either the nice Miami fans suffer a fourth straight loss, or Paul Johnson loses a home game where favored. That's what I call a win-win.
    Could not have distilled it any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Could not have distilled it any better than that.
    Why do we dislike Paul Johnson so much? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    GTech fans dislike him too. He is a generally surly and inhospitable guy I am told, and he comes across that way.

He also turned down the Duke job to take the GT job. Which worked great for us, because we got Cut. But still, there is some jilt residue.

And the damn cut blocks . . . .

From what I can tell, he's just a salty individual and he doesn't like other people. Most folks are happy to reciprocate.

Some folks object to the way his lineman block as well. So teams that lose defensive guys for the season after play GT seem to hold it against the guy that designed the offense.

He looks like Michael Moore...and he’s grumpy

Maybe three reasons?

1. Quote about Major Major's father in Catch-22: He hated all evil women who turned him down. We offered Johnson before hiring Cut.
    2. He is a sourpuss, and no one likes him, even -- or especially -- at GT. Why should we?
    3. Playing against the triple option is a total pain-in-the-butt and distorts our training and preparation to play other teams.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

The interesting thing about PJ...if they ever want to get rid of them, aren't they going to have a heck of a time finding a new coach? Converting that team to a conventional offense seems like it could be...painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The interesting thing about PJ...if they ever want to get rid of them, aren't they going to have a heck of a time finding a new coach? Converting that team to a conventional offense seems like it could be...painful.
    Not really, just a QB and a WR or two away. They block well, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    From what I can tell, he's just a salty individual and he doesn't like other people. Most folks are happy to reciprocate.

Some folks object to the way his lineman block as well. So teams that lose defensive guys for the season after play GT seem to hold it against the guy that designed the offense.
    For some of us who followed Cut's hiring, there is MUCH more to the story, though in the end it worked out great for Duke. Johnson was Alleva's first choice to be the next Duke coach, and gave him everything he wanted, but he kept coming back for more...ultimately it became clear to everyone that he had no intention of coming to Duke, he only used what he got from us to increase his offer from Tech.
    I don't mind seeing a guy negotiate to get himself the best deal, but I think there is a general consensus that he bargained in bad faith with Duke.
    Plus he IS a sourpuss and his OL does like to dive at defensive players' knees and he's also a sourpuss. Glad Tech is stuck with him.
    Also glad we just pilfered a commit he wanted to play QB for him (he'll be a receiver at Duke). Karma?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    While hard to defend against (thanfully Duke has figured it out), the triple option tends to be boring football. That is one of the reasons GT fans wouldn't mind seeing him gone, and a big reason I was happy he walked away from Duke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Just a reminder for Duke to take care of business.

DrHULePXcAAB1TS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    For some of us who followed Cut's hiring, there is MUCH more to the story, though in the end it worked out great for Duke. Johnson was Alleva's first choice to be the next Duke coach, and gave him everything he wanted, but he kept coming back for more...ultimately it became clear to everyone that he had no intention of coming to Duke, he only used what he got from us to increase his offer from Tech.
    I don't mind seeing a guy negotiate to get himself the best deal, but I think there is a general consensus that he bargained in bad faith with Duke.
    Plus he IS a sourpuss and his OL does like to dive at defensive players' knees and he's also a sourpuss. Glad Tech is stuck with him.
    Also glad we just pilfered a commit he wanted to play QB for him (he'll be a receiver at Duke). Karma?
    My memory on this may be foggy, but didn't he also make some disparaging comments about the Duke program for awhile after being hired by GT? There also seems to be no love lost between PJ and Cut, who generally seems to get along well with other head coaches. And the triple option is not only boring, but also can really limit a team's ability to come back from deficits.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Just a reminder for Duke to take care of business.

DrHULePXcAAB1TS.jpg
    Yep, we certainly don't want to substitute a "W" for an "L" in c*rolina but we know what that'd spell...

Plus, they can go to L anyway.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    ...yep....and an analogy that hits closer to home....kinda like converting from OAD in BB.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Take all sharp objects away from Wolfpack fans. Wake scores a TD with 30 seconds left to win 27-23.

darnit! I just got all the pee smell out of my mattress...and now this?

Deacs 27

Raleigh Bed Wetters 23

So much for a Tier 1 Bowl Game for the NCSU Choke Pack. And I typed that as a secondary WFU fan who was rooting for the red and white but mostly blackly-attired Pack tonight, hoping for a big name bowl for the local team. Blecchh.

Edit: And I was formulating this (com)post as DU82 and Pack Man/PackMan were posting their thoughts.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    the red and white but mostly blackly-attired Pack tonight
    Solid choice for the black uniforms when playing against a team whose primary color is black.