Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The afternoon games are at halftime:

N.C. State 27, FSU 14
    Virginia Tech 14, Boston College 7
    Bob Green

The Hat might not last until next week. I have a hunch that he might get fired today or tomorrow. This would do two things for the cheats: 1) it might get the cheats team even more fired up for Duke, and 2) if they lose to Duke, it gives them an excuse.

The Hat is basically gone anyway, what better time?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    The Hat might not last until next week. I have a hunch that he might get fired today or tomorrow. This would do two things for the cheats: 1) it might get the cheats team even more fired up for Duke, and 2) if they lose to Duke, it gives them an excuse.

The Hat is basically gone anyway, what better time?
    I hope they don't fire him this week...that didn't work out well for us AT ALL the last time we played a struggling team with a brand new interim coach....

Pitt 4-1 ... VT ... @WFU ... @Mia

UVa 4-2 ... @GT ... @VT

VT 3-2 ...@Pitt ... Mia ... UVa

GT 3-3 ... Mia ... UVa

Duke 2-3 ... UNC ... @Clemson ... WFU
    Mia 2-3 ... @GT ... @VT ... Pitt

UNC 1-5 ... @Duke ... NCSU

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Do the cheats play like madmen next Saturday because it's a "rivalry" game or do they quit on the Hat...

Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I think they've already quit on the Hat. But you better believe they'll play like madmen vs Duke. We must avoid big plays, and that Ratliff-Williams player scares me. Gotta get good tackles on Carter too. No Pitt tackling. We need our Michael Carter to be better than theirs.

But first things first. Beating Miami somehow would take huge pressure off Duke heading into next weekend. Go Duke!
    This is their "bowl game". It is the only game of any significance left on their schedule, for a variety of reasons. Duke better show up feeling that attitude, too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This is their "bowl game". It is the only game of any significance left on their schedule, for a variety of reasons. Duke better show up feeling that attitude, too.
    Not exactly, UNCheat/Hat can’t deal with losing to the Pack again either.

UNC didn’t lose yesterday because of lack of effort. The kids will fight hard.

Not sure what their QB status will be.

Gonna be a war, we need to play poised and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not sure what their QB status will be.
    True freshman Jace Ruder came in and looked impressive leading Carolina to a TD. During the drive, he lowered his shoulder on a scramble and put a big lick on a GT defensive player. After the drive, he went to the locker room coming back out with his left arm in a sling -- the diagnosis from my living room easy chair is injured clavicle.

I believe they will be forced to go with Nathan Elliot. He threw three interceptions yesterday.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I believe they will be forced to go with Nathan Elliot. He threw three interceptions yesterday.
    Thankfully, Elliot is a turnover machine. So was Surratt before he got injured. Some games it seemed like a competition between the two to see who could cough it up more.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That would be my guess too. He will get a week to prepare, so I would expect a better game than he showed yesterday too.

Thankfully, Elliot is a turnover machine. So was Surratt before he got injured. Some games it seemed like a competition between the two to see who could cough it up more.
    Elliot hasn't perfected the two hand jump pass interception like Surratt has...

Per Twitter, Wake Forest quarterback Sam Hartman is out for the season.

@tnBobSutton

from Wake Forest: QB Sam Hartman out for rest of regular season (must be hopeful a bowl bid is still possible)
    Deacs have Jamie Newman, Kendall Hinton, Matthew Considine and Tayvon Bowers available to play QB on Thursday night at N.C. State.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-04-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    Bob Green

W

Per Twitter, Wake Forest quarterback Sam Hartman is out for the season.
    Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a full recovery, and a Wake bowl despite losing to us at the end of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hoping for a full recovery, and a Wake bowl despite losing to us at the end of the season!
    I like and respect WF coach Dave Clawson, and he might've been best coach in the ACC last season (hard to compare the Clemson job with the WF job). Sorry to hear about Hartman' injury. After four years of John Wolford, looks like we'll have another four years of a short WF QB who is a real gamer. Must be Clawson's recruiting sweet spot.

As for the Deacs getting a bowl? Hmm...kind of tough for Duke and Wake to be good at the same time. Rarely happens.

I don't see how FSU goes bowling this year, barring a miracle. Their next three games are
    @ND
    vs BC
    @ Florida.

Ain't no way they are beating either ND or Florida in road games. Still annoys me that we laid such an egg against them last year.

I don't see how FSU goes bowling this year, barring a miracle. Their next three games are
    @ND
    vs BC
    @ Florida.

Ain't no way they are beating either ND or Florida in road games. Still annoys me that we laid such an egg against them last year.
    Correction: The Florida-FSU game is at Tallahassee this year. Considering the recent collapse of the Gators' previously elite defense, and the fact that the Noles will be facing their most hated rival at home with a chance to end a sour season on a celebratory note, I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Correction: The Florida-FSU game is at Tallahassee this year. Considering the recent collapse of the Gators' previously elite defense, and the fact that the Noles will be facing their most hated rival at home with a chance to end a sour season on a celebratory note, I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome in this game.
    Ahh, you are right. I misread a site saying it was in the swamp. I think FSU is gonna get crushed, either way. I wonder if 'Nole fans would be more accepting of not bowling than being in the Mediocre Bowl.

Ahh, you are right. I misread a site saying it was in the swamp. I think FSU is gonna get crushed, either way. I wonder if 'Nole fans would be more accepting of not bowling than being in the Mediocre Bowl.
    UF just got whipped by Mizzou in the Swamp. I mean, Florida was never even competitive in the game. Anything could happen in that game.