Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Some of the best offense of the year in the 3rd - Duke scores 25.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I believe that 3 gives Miela a tie of the freshman record with Becca.
    She now has broken the record.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Haley taking over the game - beautiful.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

The whole team has been grippin' and rippin' from deep. 11-18 for the game from beyond the arc.

Best game of the year. Duke scores 50 in the 2nd half, and took the starters out with 5 minutes to go.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I believe senior Faith Suggs had a career high in points.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Debbie A. has never liked Coach P.
    Is she a member of the board?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

FiveThirtyEight Analysis

I bumped into this article today. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nn-of-the-80s/ It provides an interesting statistical look at Women BB programs over the last 4 decades.
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
    I bumped into this article today. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nn-of-the-80s/ It provides an interesting statistical look at Women BB programs over the last 4 decades.
    “With the exception of the Blue Devils (who at 14-14 are unlikely to make the tournament), all of these programs have continued to be great this season.”

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    “With the exception of the Blue Devils (who at 14-14 are unlikely to make the tournament), all of these programs have continued to be great this season.”
    So we're 5th on the list for the 2010s? Not too shabby! Hopefully, next year we'll get back on track.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    "all of these programs" consist of UConn, Notre Dame, and Baylor.

Look, no one is trying to pretend that this program is not struggling right now. But at least be honest with your posts.

What I found surprising is that Duke has the 6th most seed points in the 2010's. It sure doesn't feel that way, maybe you can de-construct his analysis.

Taking a brief detour from Duke, UNC's Janelle Bailey has been suspended from today's game against GT for her actions Sunday against Duke and teammate Stephanie Watts will miss today's game due to a lingering knee issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Taking a brief detour from Duke, UNC's Janelle Bailey has been suspended from today's game against GT for her actions Sunday against Duke and teammate Stephanie Watts will miss today's game due to a lingering knee issue.
    did UNC suspend her? or the league.

Also is there a clip of the incident anywhere? I was hoping goduke might have it, but there video player doesn't seem to play nice with chrome anymore.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well deserved for Bailey. I was thinking that since she acted out in the closing minutes of the game, merely being kicked off the court at that time was too weak a punishment for the crime.
    Unfortunate news for Watts. Go GT!

Side note, the three opening games all went the way of the chalk, the better seeds each advanced. Hoping that changes today.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    did UNC suspend her? or the league.

Also is there a clip of the incident anywhere? I was hoping goduke might have it, but there video player doesn't seem to play nice with chrome anymore.
    UNC suspended her for not meeting the program's "high standards" for sportsmanship. I'm pretty certain the ACC gave them the right of first refusal and would have suspended her had UNC declined the option.

Neither UNC nor the ACC is particularly inclined to cut her much more slack.

UNC suspended her for not meeting the program's "high standards" for sportsmanship. I'm pretty certain the ACC gave them the right of first refusal and would have suspended her had UNC declined the option.

Neither UNC nor the ACC is particularly inclined to cut her much more slack.
    yeesh. that's hard to do.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by jtelander View Post
    holy cow. she wasn't anywhere near the play...shoving the ref trying to break their double team? ejection/suspension completely warranted.
    1200. DDMF.

holy cow. she wasn't anywhere near the play...shoving the ref trying to break their double team? ejection/suspension completely warranted.
    Jade with the assist! Is she a smack-talker?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Unfortunately GT lost to the Smurfettes.
    UVA also lost to Syracuse, so in the first half of the day, chalk talked.