Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 903
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Just generically speaking, I've really enjoyed your depth and research this season, especially when it has been so easy to submit to emotion.
    Thank you, CameronBornAndBred!

  2. #562
    Duke hosts Virginia Tech tonight (February 14) in Cameron.

    RealTimeRPI predicts that Duke will win tonight's game, 69-68.
    http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_123_Women.html

    Massey gives Duke a 50 percent chance to win, with the "Most Likely" score and the "Median" score having Duke prevailing by one point, 65-64.
    https://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?gid=906826418


    Per the GoDuke.com release and Game Notes:

    A Look at Virginia Tech
    • Virginia Tech enters the contest Thursday with a 15-8 overall and 2-8 league mark under head coach Kenny Brooks.
    • The Hokies have been led by Taylor Emery (17.4 points, 47 treys), Regan Magarity (13.8 points, 12.3 rebounds), Dara Mabrey (12.6 points, 58 treys) and Trinity Baptiste (10.1 points, 7.3 rebounds) on the season.
    • Virginia Tech is averaging 9.4 three-pointers per game.

    The Series with Virginia Tech...
    • Duke and Virginia Tech will meet for the 28th time in school history with the Blue Devils leading the series, 25-2. The Blue Devils have posted 23 straight wins in the series.
    • In games played in Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke has tallied a 13-1 record with 11 straight wins.
    • Coach P has collected a 17-1 record versus the Hokies.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    Duke hosts Virginia Tech tonight (February 14) in Cameron.

    RealTimeRPI predicts that Duke will win tonight's game, 69-68.
    http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_123_Women.html

    Massey gives Duke a 50 percent chance to win, with the "Most Likely" score and the "Median" score having Duke prevailing by one point, 65-64.
    https://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?gid=906826418


    Per the GoDuke.com release and Game Notes:

    A Look at Virginia Tech
    • Virginia Tech enters the contest Thursday with a 15-8 overall and 2-8 league mark under head coach Kenny Brooks.
    • The Hokies have been led by Taylor Emery (17.4 points, 47 treys), Regan Magarity (13.8 points, 12.3 rebounds), Dara Mabrey (12.6 points, 58 treys) and Trinity Baptiste (10.1 points, 7.3 rebounds) on the season.
    • Virginia Tech is averaging 9.4 three-pointers per game.

    The Series with Virginia Tech...
    • Duke and Virginia Tech will meet for the 28th time in school history with the Blue Devils leading the series, 25-2. The Blue Devils have posted 23 straight wins in the series.
    • In games played in Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke has tallied a 13-1 record with 11 straight wins.
    • Coach P has collected a 17-1 record versus the Hokies.
    Thanks for this. Sounds like it's going to be a nailbiter.

  4. #564
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Might want to play more man to man D tonight.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  5. #565
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Duke trails Virginia Tech 29-26 at the half in this home game. Haley Gorecki's three-pointer at the buzzer narrowed the margin.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  6. #566
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    VT has 6 threes shooting 40%. Duke has stayed in our zone the whole half.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  7. #567
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    VT has 6 threes shooting 40%. Duke has stayed in our zone the whole half.
    VT has 35 points in 25 minutes.

    Defense isn't the issue.

    The inability of anyone not named Haley Gorecki to make even the easiest shot?

    Now, you're on to something.

  8. #568
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    VT has 35 points in 25 minutes.

    Defense isn't the issue.

    The inability of anyone not named Haley Gorecki to make even the easiest shot?

    Now, you're on to something.
    Duke's starting frontcourt is 4-for-19 from the field. And almost all of that is from inside five feet.

  9. #569
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    VT has 35 points in 25 minutes.

    Defense isn't the issue.

    The inability of anyone not named Haley Gorecki to make even the easiest shot?

    Now, you're on to something.
    You won't get an argument from me. Our offense sucks and puts so much pressure on our defense.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  10. #570
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Before this game, VT was 0-23 against Duke in ACC play.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  11. #571
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Make that 1-23. 64-57 final.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  12. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The chocolate cake and craft brewed IPA I had during our Valentines Day meal while missing the game was delicious.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  13. #573
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke's starting frontcourt is 4-for-19 from the field. And almost all of that is from inside five feet.
    In the past, sometimes we've just flat out missed the easy ones. That wasn't the case tonight. Tonight the problem was an almost stultifying lack of motion in our offense. Often the player with the ball would receive the pass and just stand there for a second or two...waiting for something to happen. Sometimes, the person who passed the ball would circle through the lane...and the other three players would just stand still. It was very rare for us to have two players moving at the same time. As a result, pretty much every single one of those "easy" shots from inside five feet was contested by one or more opposition players, meaning the shots weren't really all that easy. I can't remember an offense with less movement.

    We scored a ton more points when we finally received some coaching encouragement to move the ball faster. Unfortunately, by that time we were also forced to foul on defense to stop the clock and VT is a good shooting team, so while Tech lost a little bit of ground, they didn't lose it nearly quickly enough for us to have a chance to win the game.

  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The chocolate cake and craft brewed IPA I had during our Valentines Day meal while missing the game was delicious.
    May I suggest Irish Coffees when Duke visits Notre Dame one week from this evening....

  15. #575
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    The next time a Coach P team runs an orchestrated offense will be the first time.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Before this game, VT was 0-23 against Duke in ACC play.
    And speaking of Winless streaks: Before last nights game, Pitt was Winless in the ACC - and the Cheaterettes had never ever won at Pitt - so something had to give.

    That vision of sartorial splendor - Sylvia Hatchell - forgot to pack the defense for the trip - and Pitt tripped them 91-78. And unlike our victory over the Cheaterettes, they were not missing a "Kea" player last evening.

    Prior to losing to Duke, UNC looked like they could run the table and finish on an 11-game Win streak dating back to 1/24, including a Win at home over then #1 Notre Dame and on the Road at then #7 NC State. NC State is the only ranked team remaining on their schedule and, with Kea back in the lineup, after the Duke loss they got a W on the Road against a very good Clemson team.

    But losing to hapless Pitt puts all their remaining games in question. It would especially be great to see Wolfpack Wes take them down at Carmichael 2/24 prior to them coming to Cameron 3/3. Maybe they peaked too soon and we can help the Cheaterettes finish their season on a 2 - or more - game losing streak going into the ACC Tournament. That would certainly end our dismal season on a bright note

  17. #577
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDad02 View Post
    And speaking of Winless streaks: Before last nights game, Pitt was Winless in the ACC - and the Cheaterettes had never ever won at Pitt - so something had to give.

    That vision of sartorial splendor - Sylvia Hatchell - forgot to pack the defense for the trip - and Pitt tripped them 91-78. And unlike our victory over the Cheaterettes, they were not missing a "Kea" player last evening.

    Prior to losing to Duke, UNC looked like they could run the table and finish on an 11-game Win streak dating back to 1/24, including a Win at home over then #1 Notre Dame and on the Road at then #7 NC State. NC State is the only ranked team remaining on their schedule and, with Kea back in the lineup, after the Duke loss they got a W on the Road against a very good Clemson team.

    But losing to hapless Pitt puts all their remaining games in question. It would especially be great to see Wolfpack Wes take them down at Carmichael 2/24 prior to them coming to Cameron 3/3. Maybe they peaked too soon and we can help the Cheaterettes finish their season on a 2 - or more - game losing streak going into the ACC Tournament. That would certainly end our dismal season on a bright note
    Pitt led UNC at the half, 53-37, and UNC was never able to close the gap.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  18. #578
    Post-Game Notes

    With the Duke Loss

    • Dropped to 11-13, 3-9 in the ACC
    • Snapped a 24-game winning streak against the Hokies
    • Broke an 11-game win streak against Virginia Tech in Cameron. Is now 13-2 overall.
    • Coach P moved to 17-2 versus Virginia Tech
    • Now owns a 25-3 record in the series against the Hokies

    Other Duke Notes

    • Duke limited themselves to just four turnovers in the first half and committed a season-low nine turnovers
    • The Blue Devils registered only one foul in the first half
    • Forced three shot clock violations on the Hokies
    • The Blue Devils and Hokies both shot 38 percent from the floor (22-of-58)
    • Were outrebounded for the 11th time this season, 41-31
    • Duke shot 50.0 percent (6-of-12) from behind the arc, good for the second-best percentage this season
    • The Hokies totaled 13 second chance points to Duke’s zero

  19. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    There are four games left in the season, and then at most two games in the ACC tourney. I don't see us winning two if we get lucky enough to win one. Only one of those four upcoming games is against a team that is "worse" than us. While there is a remote chance we end up at .500 for the year, it is unlikely.
    We all knew that this would be a tough year for DWBB, but even these results have surpassed my lowered expectations.

    I'm quite content if Coach P is packing up her office the day after our tourney exit. She is not the future of Duke Women's Basketball, and the sooner we start focusing on that future the better. Duke can afford to eat the last year of her contract more than it can to afford another year of mediocre basketball.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  20. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The chocolate cake and craft brewed IPA I had during our Valentines Day meal while missing the game was delicious.
    Which IPA?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Women's Golf, 2019 National Champions!!!!!!!
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 08:42 PM
  2. Duke Baseball 2018
    By weezie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 914
    Last Post: 06-04-2018, 07:21 PM
  3. Duke Women's Golf 2018
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 05-24-2018, 04:58 PM
  4. Who's Leaving - Duke 2018
    By SoCalDukeFan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 606
    Last Post: 04-26-2018, 07:25 PM
  5. MOTM: Duke vs. UVA (Jan 27, 2018)
    By JBDuke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2018, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •