Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Azura Stevens in Cameron for Duke vs. St. John’s. Wearing a Duke shirt. Interesting.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    Azura Stevens in Cameron for Duke vs. St. John’s. Wearing a Duke shirt. Interesting.
    Did it say "#FireCoachP" on the back?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    19-17 Pitt lead after 1st quarter. Evenly matched game so far, with not much remarkable from either team. Duke needs to step up their D if they don't want this to be a home loss.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke needs to step up their D if they don't want this to be a home loss.
    Or...Goodchild and Gorecki can light it up. 41-32 Duke lead for the half.

To say we really need this one is an understatement. Nice run of threes to open up a lead late in the half.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Their number 4 (I don’t have a program) hit four threes in the first quarters. Good adjustment to have Leaonna shadow her and shut her down.

Still too many turnovers, but a much better offensive flow. Jade and Onome are playing much better. And, it helps when the outside shots are going in.

The ladies did a nice job withstanding a Pitt comeback in the 3rd, now up by 10. Perhaps the best part of the quarter was hearing words from Georgia Schweitzer. Nice to hear her off the court success story.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The ladies did a nice job withstanding a Pitt comeback in the 3rd, now up by 10. Perhaps the best part of the quarter was hearing words from Georgia Schweitzer. Nice to hear her off the court success story.
    Agreed re Georgia. Ten point lead heading into the 4th.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Congrats to Haley for her triple-double. Not her best shooting day, but she made her presence known. Goodchild is looking great.
    A solid game to take into Chapel Hill.

GTHC

Nice to finally get a win. Now let's beat the damn heels!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Nice to finally get a win. Now let's beat the damn heels!
    That would be the Evil Cheating Sartorially-Challenged Smurfs.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    That would be the Evil Cheating Sartorially-Challenged Smurfs.
    You mean they still wear pissy blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You mean they still wear pissy blue?
    The sartorial reference is primary about their coach, but yes, they continue to steal Columbia's color scheme. I've always been upset about how they've made my dad's alma mater's colors look bad.

we picked up our second league win today.
    April 1

The Heels are on a scary winning streak. #1 ND, and now #7 NCSU.

As an aside, reserve freshman center Uchenna Nwoke injured her left knee in practice last week. The injury will not require surgery but she likely will not play again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    As an aside, reserve freshman center Uchenna Nwoke injured her left knee in practice last week. The injury will not require surgery but she likely will not play again this season.
    Man, it never stops, does it?

On a totally unrelated note, did it occur to anyone else that Pitt's team tonight was the Pink Panthers? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    Azura's sister, Da'Shena played basketball at St. John's (2008-12) and was an assistant coach with the Red Storm for a few years (2015-2018).

Per the post-game notes:

Freshman Miela Goodchild
    · Drained six three -pointers and now holds the single game record for most threes made by a freshman in a game. She tied Rebecca Greenwell’s record of six vs. Albany (3-20-15).
    · Remains third all-time for three-pointers made by a freshman with 49 and is one away from moving into a tie for second.

Right now, Goodchild is shooting 47.1 percent from distance. If she keeps this percentage for the rest of the season, it will rank 2nd all-time among Duke freshmen and 6th all-time among all Duke WBB players for three-point percentage in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    Per the post-game notes:

Freshman Miela Goodchild
    · Drained six three -pointers and now holds the single game record for most threes made by a freshman in a game. She tied Rebecca Greenwell’s record of six vs. Albany (3-20-15).
    · Remains third all-time for three-pointers made by a freshman with 49 and is one away from moving into a tie for second.

Right now, Goodchild is shooting 47.1 percent from distance. If she keeps this percentage for the rest of the season, it will rank 2nd all-time among Duke freshmen and 6th all-time among all Duke WBB players for three-point percentage in a season.
    Sometimes I wish she'd hunt her shot more, but maybe not doing so is what keeps her percentage so high.