Duke MBB captains announced

Javin DeLaurier and Jack White.

Congrats.

Congrats to those guys....that's not chicken feed...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Captain Jack!

Delaurier will, like his ancestors Lance Thomas and Amile Jefferson, will lead us to a title.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Captain Jack!
    Indeed. Hope he takes us to a special island . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Delaurier will, like his ancestors Lance Thomas and Amile Jefferson, will lead us to a title.
    To my eye, he's much more athletic than those two....and if he can really hit the three now...hmm...

I'm so happy to see this news - I've always been impressed by Javin, and I'm happy to see him be rewarded. A couple of things of note - 1) Vrank is not a captain. If we assume that is because he isn't going to play much and so they gave it to the juniors who will, then 2) why is Bolden also not a captain? Is K not predicting him to play much? Is he just not a good leader? Is he causing harm in the locker room?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Well, we're going to Maui in a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    I'm so happy to see this news - I've always been impressed by Javin, and I'm happy to see him be rewarded. A couple of things of note - 1) Vrank is not a captain. If we assume that is because he isn't going to play much and so they gave it to the juniors who will, then 2) why is Bolden also not a captain? Is K not predicting him to play much? Is he just not a good leader? Is he causing harm in the locker room?
    I think it's safe to say that DeLaurier and White are the best intersection of experience, leadership and likely PT.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How are the captains selected? I know K can (and does) strip captainship, but is he the only word in who starts the season with the honors? Does the team have input?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I think it's safe to say that DeLaurier and White are the best intersection of experience, leadership and likely PT.
    That was my thought too...with a focus on the PT

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    How are the captains selected? I know K can (and does) strip captainship, but is he the only word in who starts the season with the honors? Does the team have input?
    Based on how I've heard Coach K explain it before, the players vote on it, and the coaches have the final say on the captain(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Based on how I've heard Coach K explain it before, the players vote on it, and the coaches have the final say on the captain(s).
    So, basically the players get to vote on a guess as to whom the coaches really want as captain(s).

Great Decision

These elections/appointments make me proud to be a B Devil. Those guys are the epitome of what it means to agree to be subordinative for the betterment of the team. How neat it will be to see them at center court before the game. Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It is more like a Russian election. You can vote for whomever you want, but the winner is "announced" by the party in control.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It is more like a Russian election. You can vote for whomever you want, but the winner is "announced" by the party in control.
    LOL, yeah, that's about right...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ...which could be why the N and O's Luke DeCock talks about brushing up on his "Kremlinology" when discussing K and the Duke program....LOL

Both Cs are Juniors, which means they will almost certainly have the honor of being a 2-time captain. Anyone know how many of those we have had? Here is a list of Captains through the 2010 season but it has not been updated since then.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Captain Jack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Surely this is the link you meant to include for our very own jester of Tortuga.