Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    BC is 8 minutes away from a bowl bid.
    And down goes Miami. Big benefit for Duke...if we make the most of our opportunities.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

And down goes Miami. Big benefit for Duke...if we make the most of our opportunities.
    Win one at a time. Gotta TCB tomorrow at Pitt first.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Win one at a time. Gotta TCB tomorrow at Pitt first.
    Oh sorry, forgot the "Captain Obvious" emoji ��I'm a real wanker for saying this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Oh sorry, forgot the "Captain Obvious" emoji ��I'm a real wanker for saying this.
    HA! You should be an announcer. (And Pitt is one of those opportunities I was implicating.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    From what I have seen of the ACC this year it’s Clemson and the 13 dwarfs. Maybe if we put together an all star team from the other 13 they might be able to compete with Clemson...Every time I get to feeling this way I try to remember how I would have felt with a 5-2 record for most of my 51 years of being a Duke football fan.
    I think we've pretty much eliminated ourselves from the ACC Championship game, but I'm expecting Stetson (RPI 300+, (8-20)) in Cameron to be more competitive during that time slot. (I will gladly eat my hoops tickets for a rematch with Clemson, however.)

I think the frustration comes from the fact that 2018 may have been a peak opportunity with this group. 6-6 could be a challenge next year with our schedule and graduation losses.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I think we've pretty much eliminated ourselves from the ACC Championship game, but I'm expecting Stetson (RPI 300+, (8-20)) in Cameron to be more competitive during that time slot. (I will gladly eat my hoops tickets for a rematch with Clemson, however.)

I think the frustration comes from the fact that 2018 may have been a peak opportunity with this group. 6-6 could be a challenge next year with our schedule and graduation losses.
    Yep, OOC record is almost a guaranteed 2-2 with losses to Bama and Notre Dame. Will need to split ACC games (Syracuse added); so 6-6 maybe a reasonable “goal” for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yep, OOC record is almost a guaranteed 2-2 with losses to Bama and Notre Dame. Will need to split ACC games (Syracuse added); so 6-6 maybe a reasonable “goal” for the fans.
    This is hijacking this thread, but I never pencil in ND as an auto loss. They consistently come very close to losing against teams they are expected to beat, and for what it's worth, the last time we played (in their stadium) we won. And that was a year we didn't go bowling.

FSU is getting shellacked at home, 45-0, by Clemson. It's not even the 4th quarter yet.

Clemson is humming. 45-0 in the 3rd. Not a typical FSU team, though they have played better of late.

Pretty hilarious moment where the ref calls UVA Virginia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    How how how is Clemson only a 7 point favorite against FSU? Has Vegas not seen FSU play this year?
    }%]£}%]^]*!! I wish I had been in Vegas this week! Huge money could have been made.

I was at the game, and the boos for “Timeout, Virginia Tech” were the loudest it got all afternoon.

State wetting the bed at Syracuse do far

Despite clawing back into the game and having the ball down 3 with a few minutes left to go...we throw an interception and allow the Orange to score a TD while trying to run out the clock.

Orange 51, Bed wetters 41.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Despite clawing back into the game and having the ball down 3 with a few minutes left to go...we throw an interception and allow the Orange to score a TD while trying to run out the clock.

Not a happy Sunday in the Triangle.

Not a happy Sunday in the Triangle.
    One point of the Triangle provided at least a small dab of salve for Duke and NCSU fans.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Lotta moist mattresses around here...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    One point of the Triangle provided at least a small dab of salve for Duke and NCSU fans.
    Nothing happened in Cary that I'm aware of...they don't even have a University. What might you be talking about?

Nothing happened in Cary that I'm aware of...they don't even have a University. What might you be talking about?
    Dunno, exactly. NCCU lost … not sure if Shaw even has a football program … what else could come after Duke and State in terms of upper education in the Triangle?

Perhaps you meant to ask Hoo I might be talking about...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.