Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Umm...where are you getting your numbers? 2P% is basically the same (Nash is just slightly higher). 3P% is slightly lower, overall FG% is higher. Curry gets the edge in eFG and TS percentage, but not in a way that blows Nash out of the water. Of course (and I know this is unrelated to shooting) Nash had a significant advantage in assist %.

Also worth pointing out that Nash's last 3-5 years were way past his prime and riddled with injuries which he tried to play through, bringing his career totals way down. For a more fair comparison, it would probably be appropriate at this point to compare Nash's career with the Suns (his "prime") with Curry's career so far (his "prime" more or less). Interestingly, their points per game are pretty similar. Also remember that, although it was improved, Nash did not benefit from some of the more recent defensive changes that opened things up for offenses.
    My bad, and thanks. I must have misread something on the 2pt%. I checked again and see same as your numbers.

FWIW I think it's really unfair to compare prime-Nash vs career-Curry.

- Outside his last season His last season he played 15 games. The year before he had a 49.7/43.8 split. It was the *early* years for Nash that drove his averages the msot.
    - Curry has had all those same weaker early years including major injury problems of his own, and he still seems on the way up if anything. His numbers thus far this season are his best ever, and he is only now at the age where Nash got his first mvp.
    - Nobody in their right mind would compare Nash and Curry as scorers, and if your numbers say they are similar, you are looking at the wrong numbers. Nash is still an incredible floor general and passer though of course. He's just a very different player. Both make their teams much better, but in extremely different ways.
    - I still stick by my claim that Nash is well below Curry's level as a shooter, even if I screwed up the numbers. I feel the argument between him and Klay/Ray Allen for second is more reasonable.

Derrick Rose ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Derrick Rose ...
    Wow. Raise your hand if you saw that coming...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    "Derrick Rose will probably go for fifty tonight" said nobody. Certainly not in the past few years.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    "Derrick Rose will probably go for fifty tonight" said nobody. Certainly not in the past few years.
    As a Bulls fan, last night's T-Wolves game was pretty damn ironic. "Rose goes off for 50 to key an improbable win while prima donna Butler sits out" is a virtual 180 storyline relative to the Bulls c 2015-2016.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    As a Bulls fan, last night's T-Wolves game was pretty damn ironic. "Rose goes off for 50 to key an improbable win while prima donna Butler sits out" is a virtual 180 storyline relative to the Bulls c 2015-2016.
    Is Butler really seen as the prima donna here? I see it more as "super talented and hard working player desperately wants to get away from lousy, apathetic teammates and dysfunctional organization that are not going to be winners."

That said, sitting out games is sorta lame.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Is Butler really seen as the prima donna here? I see it more as "super talented and hard working player desperately wants to get away from lousy, apathetic teammates and dysfunctional organization that are not going to be winners."

Anytime an uber rich athlete pouts and complains the general consensus is they are a prima donna.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Anytime an uber rich athlete pouts and complains the general consensus is they are a prima donna.
    Kyrie?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Prima donna may be a little harsh, but the general consensus among Chicago fans and media is that Butler did not handle his transition to stardom well. He remains talented and hard working, but to say he has struggled with leadership, as both a Bull and Timberwolf, would be massive understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Prima donna may be a little harsh, but the general consensus among Chicago fans and media is that Butler did not handle his transition to stardom well. He remains talented and hard working, but to say he has struggled with leadership, as both a Bull and Timberwolf, would be massive understatement.
    If Rose is ready to be a key player again, that could make the Wolves more open to the idea of life after Butler. I don't know that the transition would help Tyus, given Thibs' MO of playing starters huge minutes and having Teague and Rose both able to run the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    If Rose is ready to be a key player again, that could make the Wolves more open to the idea of life after Butler. I don't know that the transition would help Tyus, given Thibs' MO of playing starters huge minutes and having Teague and Rose both able to run the point.
    Rose has been playing mostly off the ball since joining Minnesota late last year. He was pressed into PG duty last night with both Teague and Tyus unavailable. I think Tyus is pretty firmly established as the backup PG at this point, with both Thibs and his teammates. Rose and Josh Okogie essentially back up Wiggins and Butler in the regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Derrick Rose ...
    I sure didn't.

derrickrose.jpg

The Kings are looking solid. Never thought anyone would utter those words. Bagley with a very efficient night 7-10 for 18 pts in 24 min. They are young and are playing fast and loose with Fox at the point.

Yeah, you could tell Fox had the potential to be great - especially if his jumpshot became solid. He is so athletic and quick with great size for PG. Bagley is just doing Bagley things...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yeah, you could tell Fox had the potential to be great - especially if his jumpshot became solid. He is so athletic and quick with great size for PG. Bagley is just doing Bagley things...
    I was at the game (hmmmm, why would the host of the Podcast attend this game?) and the Kings were really impressive. The Hawks are godawful (thankfully, need another good draft pick or two) but I was still impressed with the pace the Kings played at and their ball movement. They had a sick number of assists that led to wide open shots.

I was at the game (hmmmm, why would the host of the Podcast attend this game?) ...
    SOMEONE scored a Miles Plumlee interview!!!

I'm happy the Kings are playing decent ball. I watched a pre-season game they had vs Jazz in which they got blown out something like 82-50. It was ugly and I was worried that Marvin and Harry were in for a really bad year. Hope they continue to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    SOMEONE scored a Miles Plumlee interview!!!
    You will have to wait util next week's pod to find out... but I think you know the answer

I'm happy the Kings are playing decent ball. I watched a pre-season game they had vs Jazz in which they got blown out something like 82-50. It was ugly and I was worried that Marvin and Harry were in for a really bad year. Hope they continue to succeed.
    Wait, I missed it. What was the score of the blow out?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Wait, I missed it. What was the score of the blow out?

- Chillin
    LOL, I said something 82-50. Of course I was just pulling random numbers out of my....