Javin DeLaurier 18
    Marquis Bolden 15
    Jack White 19
    Alex O'Connell 15
    Jordan Goldwire 5
    Antonio Vrankovic 1
    Justin Robinson 1
    Others 1

Here's a guess. I'm hoping to not be last. Please somebody be worse than me.

Zion Williamson 32
    Tre Jones 30
    RJ Barrett 29
    Cam Reddish 29
    Javin DeLaurier 20
    Alex O'Connell 14
    Marquis Bolden 13
    Jack White 11
    Justin Robinson 9
    Jordan Goldwire 6
    Antonio Vrancovic 4
    Joey Baker 3

Tre Jones 29
    RJ Barrett 29
    Cam Reddish 26
    Zion Williamson 26
    Javin DeLaurier 22
    Marques Bolden 20
    Alex O'Connell 20
    Jack White 15
    Joey Baker 7
    Jordan Goldwire 2
    Antonio Vrankovic 2
    Justin Robinson 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Tre Jones 29
    RJ Barrett 29
    Cam Reddish 26
    Zion Williamson 26
    Javin DeLaurier 22
    Marques Bolden 20
    Alex O'Connell 20
    Jack White 15
    Joey Baker 7
    Jordan Goldwire 2
    Antonio Vrankovic 2
    Justin Robinson 2
    jeezum, I just can't imagine starters getting minutes that low...looking at the Duke site for last year, they had Allen at 36, Bagley 34, Trent34, Carter 27 and Duval 30.
    I'll be stunned if our major four guys are anything less than low thirties...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    jeezum, I just can't imagine starters getting minutes that low...looking at the Duke site for last year, they had Allen at 36, Bagley 34, Trent34, Carter 27 and Duval 30.
    I'm banking on a plethora of blowouts!

^ OK, blowouts are good!
    I just imagine K will go to his Iron Six once we hit 2019 and the starters will play a whole lot...often when K gets in that mode, he doesn't clear the bench until just a few minutes are left, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One strategy to winning something like this is to have an entry that's different while everyone else dogpiles around the median. Theoretically, you'd have a higher chance of finishing in first place (and last place).

RJ Barrett 34
    Zion Williamson 32
    Tre Jones 32
    Cam Reddish 30
    Jack White 17
    Javin DeLaurier 16
    Marquis Bolden 15
    Alex O'Connell 10
    Justin Robinson 4
    Joey Baker 4
    Jordan Goldwire 3
    Antonio Vrankovic 2
    All Others 1

Jack White is my sleeper for 5th most minutes. I think either Javin or Marquis will start most games, but Jack will log more minutes - ultimate glue guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    One strategy to winning something like this is to have an entry that's different while everyone else dogpiles around the median. Theoretically, you'd have a higher chance of finishing in first place (and last place).
    I wanted to take the approach described by Troublemaker, but had trouble coming up with many plausible scenarios* which would deviate all that much from the consensus. It seems to me that there is a pretty strong likelihood that the top 4 Freshmen will lead the team in minutes, while Marques, Javin, Alex, and Jack will battle for the next 4 spots on the depth chart. As such, the largest variation between picks will likely come from how people distribute the minutes between these two groups and predictions about Joey Baker (redshirt, meaningful minutes, token minutes).

Barrett 35
    Jones 34
    Zion 33
    Reddish 28
    Javin 20
    White 16
    Bolden 15
    Alex 12
    Goldwire 4
    Baker 2
    Vrank 2
    Robinson 1

*In my mind, here are the most plausible scenarios where the minutes distribution end up significantly different from the consensus.

- A significant injury: I can't bring myself to predict this. Even if I could, I would be randomly guessing, anyway.

- Breakout season by a non-Freshmen: It seems somewhat plausible that one of the veterans has a Grayson/Luke-like breakout season and established himself as significantly better than the other guys expected to compete for the 5th stater. In this case, one of the "next 4" could end up averaging 25-30 mpg (potentially at the expense of one of the Freshmen).

- One of the top 4 Freshmen disappoints: We have seen highly rated Freshmen like Derrryk Thornton and Chase Jeter end up with smaller roles than conventional wisdom predicted. Based on what I've seen, I think there is essentially zero chance that RJ or Zion will disappoint. I suppose there is a very small chance that Cam, or especially Tre, ends up being solid, but not outstanding and ends up getting only 20-25 mpg.

- Surprise transfer: If one of the "next 4" players ends up completely outside the rotation, I could imagine a mid-season transfer. Jack and Javin are captains, so I don't see them transferring. That leaves Marques and Alex as potential, but unlikely, transfer candidates.

- Surprise redshirt: I almost predicted a Jordan Goldwire redshirt. However, Jordan isn't likely to get many minutes this year, so correctly guessing an unlikely redshirt probably wouldn't be enough to win the contest anyway.

Once I put in the winning entry, I don't understand why other entries continued to come in at all. When do I get pie?

Tre 32
    RJ 32
    Zion 31
    Cam 30
    Javin 28
    Alex 20
    Jack 14
    Marques 4
    JGold 3
    Joey 3
    Vrank 2
    JRob 1

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I wanted to take the approach described by Troublemaker, but had trouble coming up with many plausible scenarios* which would deviate all that much from the consensus. It seems to me that there is a pretty strong likelihood that the top 4 Freshmen will lead the team in minutes, while Marques, Javin, Alex, and Jack will battle for the next 4 spots on the depth chart. As such, the largest variation between picks will likely come from how people distribute the minutes between these two groups and predictions about Joey Baker (redshirt, meaningful minutes, token minutes).

Barrett 35
    Jones 34
    Zion 33
    Reddish 28
    Javin 20
    White 16
    Bolden 15
    Alex 12
    Goldwire 4
    Baker 2
    Vrank 2
    Robinson 1

*In my mind, here are the most plausible scenarios where the minutes distribution end up significantly different from the consensus.

- A significant injury: I can't bring myself to predict this. Even if I could, I would be randomly guessing, anyway.

- Breakout season by a non-Freshmen: It seems somewhat plausible that one of the veterans has a Grayson/Luke-like breakout season and established himself as significantly better than the other guys expected to compete for the 5th stater. In this case, one of the "next 4" could end up averaging 25-30 mpg (potentially at the expense of one of the Freshmen).

- One of the top 4 Freshmen disappoints: We have seen highly rated Freshmen like Derrryk Thornton and Chase Jeter end up with smaller roles than conventional wisdom predicted. Based on what I've seen, I think there is essentially zero chance that RJ or Zion will disappoint. I suppose there is a very small chance that Cam, or especially Tre, ends up being solid, but not outstanding and ends up getting only 20-25 mpg.

- Surprise transfer: If one of the "next 4" players ends up completely outside the rotation, I could imagine a mid-season transfer. Jack and Javin are captains, so I don't see them transferring. That leaves Marques and Alex as potential, but unlikely, transfer candidates.

- Surprise redshirt: I almost predicted a Jordan Goldwire redshirt. However, Jordan isn't likely to get many minutes this year, so correctly guessing an unlikely redshirt probably wouldn't be enough to win the contest anyway.
    Ha, I didn't see your post as I was in the middle of writing up my own prediction. But, I can say that I implemented 2 of your 5 scenarios

Tre 32
    RJ 32
    Zion 31
    Cam 30
    Javin 28
    Alex 20
    Jack 14
    Marques 4
    JGold 3
    Joey 3
    Vrank 2
    JRob 1
    I don’t think putting your results in a pretty chart increases your chances of winning any. 😀
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

ok, I'll take a total stab:

Jones 34
    Barrett 32
    Zion 31
    Reddish 28
    Javin 14
    White 16
    Bolden 17
    Alex 20
    Goldwire 3
    Baker 2
    Vrank 2
    Robinson 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm banking on a plethora of blowouts!
    Too early to give Fish80 the title? If last night is any indication, the starters averaging less than 30 minutes per game is not such a far-fetched idea.

Tre 32
    RJ 32
    Zion 31
    Cam 30
    Javin 28
    Alex 20
    Jack 14
    Marques 4
    JGold 3
    Joey 3
    Vrank 2
    JRob 1
    I highly respect your opinion on all things Duke Basketball, but I do have to question your thinking that Javin will log 28 mpg this season. Last year he fouled out of 5 games in 12/15/15/17 and 19 minutes. Last night he committed 4 fouls in 11 minutes.
    Forget the pies, IF Javin manages to average 28 mpg this season I will buy you and your SO Super Bowel tickets for Mercedes-Benz Stadium in ATL.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDevil View Post
    Too early to give Fish80 the title? If last night is any indication, the starters averaging less than 30 minutes per game is not such a far-fetched idea.
    It's a long season. Last night was great, but a lot more games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    I highly respect your opinion on all things Duke Basketball, but I do have to question your thinking that Javin will log 28 mpg this season. Last year he fouled out of 5 games in 12/15/15/17 and 19 minutes. Last night he committed 4 fouls in 11 minutes.
    Forget the pies, IF Javin manages to average 28 mpg this season I will buy you and your SO Super Bowel tickets for Mercedes-Benz Stadium in ATL.
    Spanarkel - one must take risks to win this competition, my friend, and that's what I did.

I admit -- it's not looking good for me after one game.

BUT, let's see how things play out from here. I DO expect that Javin will decrease his foul rate this season (despite getting off to a bad start against UK), and I do think he will eventually become the most trusted center on the team by Coach K over Marques.

We'll see if I'm right.

That was my thinking in giving AOC 4 times as many minutes as White. Looks like I am more likely to end up on the last place because of my 'strategic' selection.