Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Alex had a follow off the glass...not a dunk...at that point. That was his only hoop.
    Thanks. That confirms that NCAA.com is also not especially reliable, but hopefully we can keep up with their mistakes.

I thought Zion had three dunks last night. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    I thought Zion had three dunks last night. Weird.
    There was a graphic on TV saying he'd had three dunks, but both NCAA and GoDuke agree on two. I seem to remember one where he kind of threw it in the basket from a few inches away, but even if I'm right about that neither of the play-by-plays I consulted thought it was a dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    There was a graphic on TV saying he'd had three dunks, but both NCAA and GoDuke agree on two. I seem to remember one where he kind of threw it in the basket from a few inches away, but even if I'm right about that neither of the play-by-plays I consulted thought it was a dunk.
    Unrelated,but there was a play where a Clemson player tried to throw down on JW and missed. Both announcers called it a block even after seeing multiple slo mo replays that clearly showed JW didn’t touch the ball. Did the play by play transcript credit JW with a block for that play?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Unrelated,but there was a play where a Clemson player tried to throw down on JW and missed. Both announcers called it a block even after seeing multiple slo mo replays that clearly showed JW didn’t touch the ball. Did the play by play transcript credit JW with a block for that play?
    THIS ^^^^^...wondered it myself. It's so funny how these announcers will stick to their story (a foul, or in this case, a blocked shot) even when replay shows AIR between the subjects at hand. And by funny, I mean annoying as heck.

On the other hand, great D by Jack to force the miss...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    THIS ^^^^^...wondered it myself. It's so funny how these announcers will stick to their story (a foul, or in this case, a blocked shot) even when replay shows AIR between the subjects at hand. And by funny, I mean annoying as heck.

On the other hand, great D by Jack to force the miss...
    Nobody puts Jack White on a poster ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I don't know for certain without knowing who the Clemson player was and when the play occurred (I saw the play but I wasn't paying attention enough to know those things). But I do not believe Jack got credit for a block on that play.

FWIW, however, my recollection of the TV replay was seeing that Jack did touch the ball (barely) as the guy was bringing it toward the basket (but not on his downward motion which is why I assume it wasn't really a block).

I don't know for certain without knowing who the Clemson player was and when the play occurred (I saw the play but I wasn't paying attention enough to know those things). But I do not believe Jack got credit for a block on that play.

FWIW, however, my recollection of the TV replay was seeing that Jack did touch the ball (barely) as the guy was bringing it toward the basket (but not on his downward motion which is why I assume it wasn't really a block).
    It was a great play by Jack. It looked to me like he went straight up, thus no foul, and he clearly prevented the dunk whether he gets credit for a blocked shot or not.

Crikey!

Not a tracking of dunks, but a countdown. ESPN's top 10 this morning was the top 10 dunks by Zion this season. Not top 10 plays from the CFB national title game, it was all about Zion. That's kinda remarkable.

Enjoy!

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=25713187

-Jason "I think you can guess at #1" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not a tracking of dunks, but a countdown. ESPN's top 10 this morning was the top 10 dunks by Zion this season. Not top 10 plays from the CFB national title game, it was all about Zion. That's kinda remarkable.

Enjoy!

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=25713187

-Jason "I think you can guess at #1" Evans
    I wish they would have included some of his blocked shots instead of just dunks. Sometimes the blocks are more impressive (even if they are called a goal tend).

Check out Mike Bucmire on the bench with the video camera. Hysterical!!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I can confirm just 2 dunks. One was the putback of Reddish's miss early, and the other was the "360" (really a 270 or so, but still really impressive). All of his other "layups" were pretty clearly layups, banking them off the glass from a variety of angles.

Nine dunks against Wake Forest: Zion 3, Marques and Javin 2 each, RJ and Cam 1 each.

So far, for the season, in 14 games:

Zion 33;
    RJ 19;
    Marques 17;
    Javin 15;
    Jack 4;
    Justin 3;
    Cam 3;
    AOC 1.

TOTAL: 95

FWIW, last year's team had 94 dunks after 14 games, so this year's team is one ahead of last season's record-setting pace. At this point last season, Marvin had 37 and Wendell had 24. Javin had 9, Grayson had 8 and Trevon had 7. So (a) Zion four behind Marvin; (b) Zion + RJ are nine behind Marvin + Wendell; (c) Zion, RJ, and Marques are one behind Marvin, Wendell, and Javin; (d) Zion, RJ, Marques, and Javin are six ahead of Marvin, Wendell, Javin, and Grayson; and (e) top five vs. top five has this year's team ahead of last year's team, 88 to 85.

P.S.: GoDuke had Zion with zero (0) dunks tonight, presumably because they were all alley-oops.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Game #13 - Clemson - CST10 #1 - Zion double team, steal from behind at half-court, dribbles in for a fluid and powerful, 360 degree, left hand rim rattler that left everyone in blue quite excited.
    (12 SCT10 in 13games)

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #14 - Wake Forest - SCT10 #8 - Zion assist in the lane to DiLaurier
    Game #14 - Wake Forest - SCT10 #6 - RJ Barrett ankle breaking jab step fake on Wake player, pull back 3pt jumper
    (14 SCT10 in 14 games)

Larry
    DevilHorse

Zion’s dunk percentage last night went way down. Was his three point percentage (3/4) higher than his dunk percentage (3/5)? 🙄😳🤣

Nine dunks against Wake Forest: Zion 3, Marques and Javin 2 each, RJ and Cam 1 each.
    Ok, time to get philosophical. Zion had two clear alley-oop dunks: one at 10:49 in the first half, and one with 16:19 left in the second half. But when was his third dunk? The only candidate is this play, with 14:33 left in the second half--let's watch:

Edit: The video is supposed to start at the 2:58 mark, having trouble embedding it that way

Bolden pops to the top of the key, receives a pass, and immediately makes a great read to see Zion has his man sealed inside (it happened so quick I'm wondering if this is a designed play). He throws the lob, Zion catches it and...then what? The ball went through the basket. Zion's hands were above the rim, and maybe touched the rim on the way down? Unclear. There's a noise, was that Zion's hand on the rim? I wish we had more replays.

I've seen it counted as a layup in the ESPN box score, but as a dunk by CBS, by the NCAA, and by others.

So, was that play a dunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Ok, time to get philosophical. Zion had two clear alley-oop dunks: one at 10:49 in the first half, and one with 16:19 left in the second half. But when was his third dunk? The only candidate is this play, with 14:33 left in the second half--let's watch:

Edit: The video is supposed to start at the 2:58 mark, having trouble embedding it that way

Bolden pops to the top of the key, receives a pass, and immediately makes a great read to see Zion has his man sealed inside (it happened so quick I'm wondering if this is a designed play). He throws the lob, Zion catches it and...then what? The ball went through the basket. Zion's hands were above the rim, and maybe touched the rim on the way down? Unclear. There's a noise, was that Zion's hand on the rim? I wish we had more replays.

I've seen it counted as a layup in the ESPN box score, but as a dunk by CBS, by the NCAA, and by others.

Yes, I assume that was it. The NCAA play by play credited Zion with a dunk assisted by Marques.

Yes, I assume that was it. The NCAA play by play credited Zion with a dunk assisted by Marques.
    And we know the NCAA is never wrong. Oh, wait, there's that thing that happened down in Chapel Hell. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

It looked kinda dunky to me--I'll allow it.

It's a dunk.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust