Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 192
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    One of these days I'll be able to spork Devildeac again.
    It's the thought/intent that counts (whether you touch the rim or not). Thanks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The official scorer said you should have 14.
    There you are: drumming up business.😂

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's the thought/intent that counts (whether you touch the rim or not). Thanks.
    Well played....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but I believe your hand or hands have to make forcible contact with the rim to count as a dunk. For example, as awesome as this play is I don’t consider it a dunk. Griffin throws the ball through the hoop, with his fingers just barely grazing the rim.

    Actually Urinal, you're new age. For years no one was allowed to hardly grab the rim on dunks. It's been greatly relaxed now...now you're fine as long as you don't swing on the rim for a while. When dunks first came back in, many dunks were with little or no rim contact. Griffin SLAM DUNKED it. Hand grabbing the rim is not part of the requirements.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  5. #85
    Only two dunks tonight against San Diego State: Zion 1, Justin 1.

    For once, the GoDuke box score and the NCAA.com box score agree. Which gives us either 27 (NCAA) or 21 (Duke) for the season (4 games), or most likely somewhere in between:

    Zion 12 or 9 (probably really 11);
    Marques 6 or 5 (probably 6);
    RJ 4 or 3 (probably 3);
    Javin 2 or 1 (probably 2);
    Cam 1;
    Jack 1;
    Justin 1:

    27 (NCAA) or 21 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 25].

    FWIW, last year's team had 26 dunks after four games.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Only two dunks tonight against San Diego State: Zion 1, Justin 1.
    But oh what a dunk it was!

  7. #87
    Once again, the GoDuke box score and the NCAA.com box score don't match. And once again I think the NCAA.com box score is more accurate.

    We had either five (GoDuke) or six (NCAA) dunks tonight against Auburn: RJ had 2 and Marques had 3 (GoDuke) or 4 (NCAA), but my recollection says 4.

    It's worth noting that we were outdunked tonight (for the first time this season), as Auburn threw down 8 dunks against us.

    So far, for the season:

    Zion 12 or 9 (probably really 11);
    Marques 10 or 8 (probably 10);
    RJ 6 or 5 (probably 5);
    Javin 2 or 1 (probably 2);
    Cam 1;
    Jack 1;
    Justin 1:

    33 (NCAA) or 26 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 31].

    This was Zion's first dunkless performance, allowing Marques to challenge him for the season lead.

    FWIW, last year's team had 35 dunks after five games. At this point last season, Marvin had 13 and Wendell had 6.

  8. #88

    SCTop10 Count

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    With the Eastern Michigan game, that is 4 ESPN SCTop10 highlights in 3 games for Duke (actually Zion).

    Game #1 - KY - SCT10-#8 - Zion nifty Block/Catch at one end/ Keyhole Assist to Barrett at the other
    Game #2 - Army - SCT10 - #3 - Zion blocks Army shot on the far side of the Army player (over Army player's head)
    Game #3 - E. Michigan - SCT10 - #9 - Zion 2nd Half (tame) Slam from Capt. Jack assist (How they missed the Tre Jones quarter court Oop assist for this, I'll never know)
    Game #3 - E. Michigan - SCT10 - #1 - Zion Two Handed 3 foot out 2.5 foot above Rim Rattler

    Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #4 - SDSU - SCT10-#3 - Zion breakaway Windmill
    Game #5 - Auburn - SCT10 - #2 - RJ Barrett Windmill Like Zion

    Larry
    DevilHorse

  9. #89
    The GoDuke and NCAA boxes matched this time. We had six dunks against Gonzaga: Marques 2, RJ 2, Zion 1, Javin 1.

    So far, for the season, in six games:

    Zion 13 or 10 (probably really 12);
    Marques 12 or 10 (probably 12);
    RJ 8 or 7 (probably 7);
    Javin 3 or 2 (probably 3);
    Cam 1;
    Jack 1;
    Justin 1:

    TOTAL: 39 (NCAA) or 32 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 37].

    So, going with the "probably really" numbers, Marques is tied with Zion for the team lead (both with 12), and who would have thought that possible?

    FWIW, last year's team had 40 dunks after six games. At this point last season, Marvin had 14 and Wendell had 8, so while nobody is ahead of Marvin's pace, Zion + Marques is ahead of Marvin + Wendell, 24 to 22.

  10. #90

    SCTop10 Count - Gonzaga

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Game #4 - SDSU - SCT10-#3 - Zion breakaway Windmill
    Game #5 - Auburn - SCT10 - #2 - RJ Barrett Windmill Like Zion

    Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #6 - Gonzaga - SCT10 - #4 - Zion out of nowhere Block of layup (nifty layup by Gonzaga player, under the basket reverse, to avoid Zion block was SCT10 - #5).

    Larry
    DevilHorse

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The GoDuke and NCAA boxes matched this time. We had six dunks against Gonzaga: Marques 2, RJ 2, Zion 1, Javin 1.

    So far, for the season, in six games:

    Zion 13 or 10 (probably really 12);
    Marques 12 or 10 (probably 12);
    RJ 8 or 7 (probably 7);
    Javin 3 or 2 (probably 3);
    Cam 1;
    Jack 1;
    Justin 1:

    TOTAL: 39 (NCAA) or 32 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 37].

    So, going with the "probably really" numbers, Marques is tied with Zion for the team lead (both with 12), and who would have thought that possible?

    FWIW, last year's team had 40 dunks after six games. At this point last season, Marvin had 14 and Wendell had 8, so while nobody is ahead of Marvin's pace, Zion + Marques is ahead of Marvin + Wendell, 24 to 22.
    Makes you wonder if whatever lackey at Duke is keeping up with this...has some kind of agenda. Ridiculous to be off by that much.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  12. #92
    OK, this is getting silly: everyone saw our two 2nd half alley-oop dunks, but the official GoDuke box called both of them "jumpers." I'm not sure it's worth even tracking dunks from GoDuke anymore, though the NCAA.com box was also (I believe) wrong in at least one game this season. In any event, GoDuke says we had five dunks against Indiana (all by Zion), and NCAA.com says we had seven dunks (6 by Zion and 1 by RJ).

    So far, for the season, in seven games:

    Zion 19 or 15 (probably really 18);
    Marques 12 or 10 (probably 12);
    RJ 9 or 7 (probably 8);
    Javin 3 or 2 (probably 3);
    Cam 1;
    Jack 1;
    Justin 1:

    TOTAL: 46 (NCAA) or 37 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 44].

    FWIW, last year's team had 49 dunks after seven games. At this point last season, Marvin had 20 and Wendell had 10, meaning (using the "probably really" numbers) Zion + Marques are tied with Marvin + Wendell, both pairs with 30.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nashville
    would be nice if someone better connected than me could give some feedback to the official duke scorer to see if there's a reason for the discrepancy

  14. #94

    SCTop10 Count - Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Game #6 - Gonzaga - SCT10 - #4 - Zion out of nowhere Block of layup (nifty layup by Gonzaga player, under the basket reverse, to avoid Zion block was SCT10 - #5).

    Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #7 - Indiana - SCT10 - #2 - Zion Steal and Breakaway Lefthanded Windmill

    Larry
    DevilHorse

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    OK, this is getting silly: everyone saw our two 2nd half alley-oop dunks, but the official GoDuke box called both of them "jumpers."
    Well, I mean, RJ did "jump" to get this basket.


    -Jason "the GoDuke boxscore should just be excluded from your tallies. It is so clearly wrong it is not worth tracking" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  16. #96
    Should we start a separate count for windmill dunks? We have at least three:

    -Zion v. SDSU
    -RJ v. Aurburn
    -Zion v. Indiana

    Crazy that we have this many highlight reel dunks already. Kids these days!

  17. #97

    Duke Dunk goes Dutch

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Should we start a separate count for windmill dunks? We have at least three:

    -Zion v. SDSU
    -RJ v. Aurburn
    -Zion v. Indiana

    Crazy that we have this many highlight reel dunks already. Kids these days!
    Duke Dunking goes Dutch?

    Larry
    DevilHorse

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I'm not sure it's worth even tracking dunks from GoDuke anymore, though the NCAA.com box was also (I believe) wrong in at least one game this season.
    This is becoming more and more of an issue. Tonight I tried to keep track while watching, and the announcers were accommodating in their zeal to count Duke's dunks. My count was 13, which matched the NCAA.com count. The GoDuke count? 10. At some point soon I'm going to just stop using the official GoDuke box score as a source for this thread.

    But I guess not yet. GoDuke says we had 10 dunks against Stetson (RJ 3; Zion 2; Javin 2; Marques, Cam, and Justin 1 each), and NCAA.com says we had 13 dunks (RJ 4; Zion 3; Javin 3; Marques, Cam, and Justin 1 each).

    So far, for the season, in eight games:

    Zion 22 or 17 (probably really 21);
    Marques 13 or 11 (probably 13);
    RJ 13 or 10 (probably 12);
    Javin 6 or 4 (probably 6);
    Cam 2;
    Justin 2;
    Jack 1;

    TOTAL: 59 (NCAA) or 47 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 57].

    FWIW, last year's team had 51 dunks after eight games. At this point last season, Marvin had 21 and Wendell had 10. Third place was Trevon Duval with 7. So using the "probably really" numbers, (a) Zion is tied with Marvin; (b) Zion + Marques are ahead of Marvin + Wendell, 34 to 31; and (c) Zion, Marques, and RJ are ahead of Marvin, Wendell, and Trevon, 46 to 38.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    This is becoming more and more of an issue. Tonight I tried to keep track while watching, and the announcers were accommodating in their zeal to count Duke's dunks. My count was 13, which matched the NCAA.com count. The GoDuke count? 10. At some point soon I'm going to just stop using the official GoDuke box score as a source for this thread.

    But I guess not yet. GoDuke says we had 10 dunks against Stetson (RJ 3; Zion 2; Javin 2; Marques, Cam, and Justin 1 each), and NCAA.com says we had 13 dunks (RJ 4; Zion 3; Javin 3; Marques, Cam, and Justin 1 each).

    So far, for the season, in eight games:

    Zion 22 or 17 (probably really 21);
    Marques 13 or 11 (probably 13);
    RJ 13 or 10 (probably 12);
    Javin 6 or 4 (probably 6);
    Cam 2;
    Justin 2;
    Jack 1;

    TOTAL: 59 (NCAA) or 47 (Duke) [but the real number is probably 57].

    FWIW, last year's team had 51 dunks after eight games. At this point last season, Marvin had 21 and Wendell had 10. Third place was Trevon Duval with 7. So using the "probably really" numbers, (a) Zion is tied with Marvin; (b) Zion + Marques are ahead of Marvin + Wendell, 34 to 31; and (c) Zion, Marques, and RJ are ahead of Marvin, Wendell, and Trevon, 46 to 38.
    Who would be the right person to email? the SID? I'll write up an email....not that they'll care...but It's stupid that Duke can't keep its own stats accurately.
    Zion Williamson broke my brain.

    "If you don't address the things you're not doing well when you're winning the winning will eventually stop."

    -David Cutcliffe

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Who would be the right person to email? the SID? I'll write up an email...not that they'll care...but It's stupid that Duke can't keep its own stats accurately.
    Yeah, probably the SID, or if you actually want a response, an assistant SID.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Women's Golf, 2018-2019
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 03:29 PM
  2. Duke Dunk Report
    By Kedsy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 03-26-2018, 09:40 AM
  3. Duke to Play Alabama in 2019 Football Season Opener
    By mbird30 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 07:12 PM
  4. Duke Dunk Contest Videos (Rounds 1-3)
    By altitech in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •