Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Zion has returned, and so has Duke's ability to have an impressive dunk performance. We had 7 dunks against Syracuse in the ACCT, 5 by Zion and 2 by RJ.

So far, for the season, in 32 games:

Zion 57;
    RJ 32;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 22;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 163

After 32 games last season, the team had 205 dunks. Marvin had 81 and Wendell had 51. Grayson had 17, Javin had 16, Marques had 15, and Trevon had 11. So, we are now 42 behind last season's record-setting pace. Zion is 24 behind Marvin's record-setting pace. Zion + RJ are 43 behind Marvin + Wendell. Zion + RJ + Marques are 29 behind Marvin + Wendell + Grayson. Zion + RJ + Marques + Javin are 23 behind Marvin + Wendell + Grayson + Javin. Top 5 vs. top 5, this year's team is 30 behind last year's team.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Game #28 - Va Tech - Nothing # Seems Quiet
    (20 SCT10 in 28 Games)

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #32 - Syracuse - SC Top10 #10 - Zion Returns with a Bang. 13 for 13 rates a Bo Derek 10 in raters' eyes.
    (21 SCT10 in 32 Games)
    Non-counting special mention to Tre Jones who generously served up a nice shot for #33 on Syracuse to swat away for the SC Top10 #6. #3 'Tre' to #33 for SCTop10#2*3 for numerologists out there.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Four dunks against UNC in the ACCT, 3 by Zion and 1 by Javin.

So far, for the season, in 33 games:

Zion 60;
    RJ 32;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 23;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 167

Game #32 - Syracuse - SC Top10 #10 - Zion Returns with a Bang. 13 for 13 rates a Bo Derek 10 in raters' eyes.
    (21 SCT10 in 32 Games)
    Non-counting special mention to Tre Jones who generously served up a nice shot for #33 on Syracuse to swat away for the SC Top10 #6. #3 'Tre' to #33 for SCTop10#2*3 for numerologists out there.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #33 - UNC - zilch
    (21 SCT10 in 33 Games)
    Of course, Sportscenter started with 10 minutes of Duke highlights and the hellride, so no complaints!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Does anyone have the side view still of Zions block against Virginia?I can't find it on the net just the video one

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Does anyone have the side view still of Zions block against Virginia?I can't find it on the net just the video one
    It was posted on DBR here based on the tweet here.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    It was posted on DBR here based on the tweet here.
    Thank u!

Seven dunks against FSU in the ACCT championship game, 3 by Zion, 3 by RJ, and 1 by Javin.

So far, for the season, in 34 games:

Zion 63;
    RJ 35;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 24;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 174

I'll be back with comparisons and this team's potential place in Duke dunk history, tomorrow or the next day.

Game #33 - UNC - zilch
    (21 SCT10 in 33 Games)
    Of course, Sportscenter started with 10 minutes of Duke highlights and the hellride, so no complaints!

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #34 - FSU - SC Top 10- #5 - Talk to the Left Arm - Thread the needle bounce pass from Zion to Tre for Lefty reverse lay-up. Fancy stuff. Zion talks to his arm about software improvements. UNC website ransomware attempt fails. Earlier malware attempt resulted in Coby White hair malfunction.
    (22 SCT10 in 34 Games)
    Lots of Zion love. RJ, Tre, and Duke love also in abundance.

Five dunks against NDSU in the NCAAT first round, 3 by Zion and 2 by RJ.

So far, for the season, in 35 games:

Zion 66;
    RJ 37;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 24;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 179

I know I previously promised comparisons and this team's potential place in Duke dunk history, and I will get to that at some point.

Game #34 - FSU - SC Top 10- #5 - Talk to the Left Arm - Thread the needle bounce pass from Zion to Tre for Lefty reverse lay-up. Fancy stuff. Zion talks to his arm about software improvements. UNC website ransomware attempt fails. Earlier malware attempt resulted in Coby White hair malfunction.
    (22 SCT10 in 34 Games)
    Lots of Zion love. RJ, Tre, and Duke love also in abundance.
    Game #34 - NDSU - nuthin. Lots of good shots, but strangely few NCAA highlights in the top 10.
    However Duke baseball had the SC Top10 #4 with a great catch by our center fielder in a Duke win over Wake Forest.
    But this remains a basketball tally.
    (22 SCT10 in 35 Games)

Larry
    DevilHorse

Game #34 - NDSU - nuthin.
    Steal, behind-the-back, slip, recover, layup didn't make it?!? I'm shocked. That was a ridiculous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Steal, behind-the-back, slip, recover, layup didn't make it?!? I'm shocked. That was a ridiculous play.
    I agree but the Eastern Euro judges must not have liked the slippage and subsequently did not award many style points for the "routine."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I agree but the Eastern Euro judges must not have liked the slippage and subsequently did not award many style points for the "routine."

They seem to like fancy scoring plays, not necessarily fancy plays that lead to scoring..plays.
    Duke had a great effort play with multiple bodies on the floor leading to a steal and a layup last week; but the score wasn't fancy enough. If it wasn't a block (just a steal) it won't make it.
    Way too much soccer for my taste; that is what ESPND is for ;^). It is almost the same kick (1 of 3) each week anyway (long kick, goalie out of place, bicycle kick (that goes in)) but isn't that standard non-high school scoring play?
    End of game plays seem to always make it; lots of high school plays these days.
    Any outstretched catch in the outfield; if you can't finish the play on your feet, smile!
    Number 10 is usually anything that is done by a pet or someone over 90 years old.

Larry
    DeviHorse

Just two dunks against UCF in the NCAAT second round, one each by Zion and Javin.

So far, for the season, in 36 games:

Zion 67;
    RJ 37;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 25;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 181

I know I previously promised comparisons and this team's potential place in Duke dunk history, and I will get to that at some point.

Game #34 - NDSU - nuthin. Lots of good shots, but strangely few NCAA highlights in the top 10.
    However Duke baseball had the SC Top10 #4 with a great catch by our center fielder in a Duke win over Wake Forest.
    But this remains a basketball tally.
    (22 SCT10 in 35 Games)

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Game #35 - UCF - zip. No NCAA highlights in the top 10. But much of the show was.. go figure.
    But once again, a Duke team made the SC Top10 at #4 with a great by our women's softball right fielder who cut down a runner going to third; great throw.
    The basketball tally marches on.
    (22 SCT10 in 36 Games)

Five dunks against VaTech in the NCAAT third round, 3 by Zion and 2 by Javin.

So far, for the season, in 37 games:

Zion 70;
    RJ 37;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 27;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 186

I know I previously promised comparisons and this team's potential place in Duke dunk history, and I will do it at some point, I promise.

Game #35 - UCF - zip. No NCAA highlights in the top 10. But much of the show was.. go figure.
    But once again, a Duke team made the SC Top10 at #4 with a great by our women's softball right fielder who cut down a runner going to third; great throw.
    (22 SCT10 in 36 Games)
    I’m not sure ESPN can show NCAA highlights as part of their top 10...NCAA/CBS/Turner is pretty strict about what other networks can show. Maybe they can sneak in one or two, but I’m pretty sure ESPN hardly shows any video highlights.

(22 SCT10 in 36 Games)
    Game #35 - Virginia Tech - zip. No NCAA highlights in the top 10 again. .
    How is the Zion slam not on there?.
    The basketball tally marches in place, but it marches..(in march).
    (22 SCT10 in 376 Games)

Three dunks against Michigan State in the NCAAT fourth round, 2 by Zion and 1 by Javin.

Final season totals, in 38 games:

Zion 72;
    RJ 37;
    Marques 31;
    Javin 28;
    Jack 8;
    Cam 6;
    AOC 4;
    Justin 3.

TOTAL: 189

I'll get around to historical comparisons at some point.