Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Javin DeLaurier

Javin DeLaurier

I thought DeLaurier played great today. Definitely one of his best games at Duke. We just came off of a game where we did not rebound well and played an elite rebounding team. Javin was spectacular on the boards today and also had 3 blocks and 10 points. So I wanted to give him a special call out after today's game.

I am looking forward to see him play as a senior. He will bring great rim protection and rebounding to our team. We should be strong again in the front court with him, Bolden, and Carey.

I totally agree.

Javin came a long way this year.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Thanks for posting this thread. I’ve been really impressed with Javs play this tourney and see him progressing well. I think he will have a consistent impact on D next year in the paint and being an outstanding leader.

In total agreement...he played great...no stones thrown his way after this loss

Kudos for this thread. Javin has always been one of my favorites, but he's had a stop-start quality to his development which I know frustrated many of us.

Tonight he put it all together, and it's a credit to what he did that I'm as sad his effort wasn't rewarded with a Final Four trip, as I am for the departure of such a great group of freshmen.

Good thread. Javin was awesome..Look forward to seeing him as a Senior.

Yeah he was real good.

If he can develop a 15 foot shot next year, he's going to be a really good player.

Possibly his best game in a Duke uniform.

Javin was incredible. I'm looking forward to watching him next year.

Wonderful game from Javin. He had some trouble guarding Ward in the post due to his lack of size, but if Javin puts on a little more weight and goes through excessive coordination exercises, he'll be a great forward for us next year.

It's been nice seeing him slowly increase his ability to finish in the post as well as snatch rebounds that would have slipped through his hands in the past.

rockin like dokken....GO javin..!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

He defended and rebounded really well. I hope he can develop some offensive game because right now it is nonexistent other than putbacks and receiving dump offs. Next years team is going to be hurting for offense so he has an opportunity to step up.

Early on I actually thought that Bolden was playing better and was surprised when K took him out, but Javin came up big in the second half.

Also seemed to limit his fouls in the recent games... and much better hands.

Javin played a heck of a game. Seeing his skill level rise during the season, especially the latter half, has been a delight.

If you told me he would go 5 for 5, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks I would've said we'd win by 20.

He struggled on a few defensive possessions but also came up HUGE on a few defensive possessions.

Really good game from the big fella.

Javin reminds me of [a slightly bigger] Lance Thomas. All the athleticism, energy, and physical tools but struggles to put it to effective use consistently.

Lance had a pretty cool senior year.

His second half was absolutely great. I thought he looked overmatched in the post at the beginning of the game, but what a game from him. I really think he was one of the main bright spots.

Really glad hes coming back.bolden ,javin,goldwire,Baker Jack white and aoc.thats not a bad start 😁

Quote Originally Posted by DoWorkDukie View Post
    His second half was absolutely great. I thought he looked overmatched in the post at the beginning of the game, but what a game from him. I really think he was one of the main bright spots.
    I agree, Javin ended up with a great game, for him, but he had about 3 horrible moments, mostly early. He remains a conundrum for me...so tall, so athletic, and yet, so inconsistent, such poor hands, often out of position and out of control. Duke needs him to grow into his potential next season.