Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Everyone Gotten Their Tickets?

I was told they would be FedExed Friday, but no tickets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    Ticket Office told me they would be sent via overnight mail on Friday. I guess we should get them no later than Monday (depending on our location to Durham).

This delivery gets later and later every year. This year, we'll get the tickets a day before the first (exhibition) game.

Now, the Ticket Office has moved into this century by allowing for electronic transfer and PDF scanning.

But the process must get better. Start earlier. Use a different printing vendor. Use less snazzy graphics on the tickets.

Here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    48 hours before the first exhibition game, and NO ONE I've asked has gotten tickets. Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving? Come on, basketball staff, you can do better than this.

Watch the Fed Ex carrier walk up to my front door at 6:59 pm on Tuesday.!!!!

Go Blue Devils!
    DukeDevilDeb

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    48 hours before the first exhibition game, and NO ONE I've asked has gotten tickets. Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving? Come on, basketball staff, you can do better than this.

Watch the Fed Ex carrier walk up to my front door at 6:59 pm on Tuesday.!!!!

Go Blue Devils!
    Not a consequence of Cragg leaving, it's later and later every year. And they charge us $40 for a "mishandling" fee. That should be refunded to all of us. It's bad enough we have to worry about porch pirates stealing them.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    Mike Cragg is a real loss, but is this the consequence of his leaving?

Go Blue Devils!
    Probably not, but he will be GREATLY MISSED in other areas. Scheduling. Institutional knowledge. IMO, he's irreplaceable.

This is really terribly inconvenient for out of state folks. No excuse for cutting it this close to the first game. I plan on venting to the ticket office, but am not expecting any improvement in the future.

Once had the football parking passes sent out so late, they held the passes for me in the ticket office. Problem was that without the parking pass, the parking officials would not let us drive anywhere close to the ticket office to pick up the parking pass. Had to park far, far away and walk to the ticket office to pick up the pass, walk back to the car, then drive to the Card Gym lot to park/tailgate. I uttered some extreme nautical terms.

This is really terribly inconvenient for out of state folks. No excuse for cutting it this close to the first game. I plan on venting to the ticket office, but am not expecting any improvement in the future.

it's not like this game was just scheduled. it's VERY poor treatment of the ticket holders. unfortunately, the folks in the ticket office are going catch the heat while the people in charge will be hiding in the office

CIS tickets delivered at the last minute. . .AGAIN

No tickets here yet (Sunday night), and I live <40 miles from the Duke campus.
    Normally I let some friends use my tickets/parking pass for a few of the "lesser" games, and this ever-increasing delay puts a real bind on the logistics of getting the TUESDAY October 23rd and also October 27th items to those individuals.
    I also bought a handful of tickets to the State Farm Champions Classic on November 6th, and I'm still waiting for them also.
    While I somewhat understand the logistics of getting all of the upstairs tickets and parking passes processed and distributed, there is certainly some room for improvement!

k

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Worse is that we (I?) haven’t heard a word about tickets for Tuesday’s game from anyone. Maybe, we’ll hear something tomorrow. Maybe.

Yes, I know how and can get my tickets online through the horrible ticket web site, but I’m still one of the younger season ticket holders (class of ‘82.). Plenty of others who wont be able to do so, and as pointed out, parking, which cost $200 this year, likely will be a mess since nobody has a pass.

The women’s ticket book, typically available at the Blue-White scrimmage, which was this afternoon, weren’t available. I’m sure the problem for both is that the tickets aren’t back from the printer, which could be either the printer’s fault, or the ticket office’s fault.

ETA: the website says the tickets will be shipped via UPS. I have an account and get an email each time I am scheduled to receive a delivery. No email yet, and I trust UPS’s logistics more than Duke’s.

Rest assured we'll be hearing that the coaching staff is disappointed at the small turnout for Tuesday night's game. As if we have a choice!

It really is pathetic that the ID office can't get this act together. They're very good at demanding we all get our money to them in August. Making a better effort on delivering the goods, not so much.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Kevin White sits in Section 14 on the aisle. Stop by Tuesday night and tell him what you think. I intend to. He is someone who can do something about it.

Still waiting for State Farm tickets and season tickets. Really poor execution by ticket office and poor communication from iron dukes office.

Delivery scheduled today

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Worse is that we (I?) haven’t heard a word about tickets for Tuesday’s game from anyone. Maybe, we’ll hear something tomorrow. Maybe.

Yes, I know how and can get my tickets online through the horrible ticket web site, but I’m still one of the younger season ticket holders (class of ‘82.). Plenty of others who wont be able to do so, and as pointed out, parking, which cost $200 this year, likely will be a mess since nobody has a pass.

The women’s ticket book, typically available at the Blue-White scrimmage, which was this afternoon, weren’t available. I’m sure the problem for both is that the tickets aren’t back from the printer, which could be either the printer’s fault, or the ticket office’s fault.

ETA: the website says the tickets will be shipped via UPS. I have an account and get an email each time I am scheduled to receive a delivery. No email yet, and I trust UPS’s logistics more than Duke’s.
    My UPS account updated Sunday morning with a notice that the package would be delivered Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    My UPS account updated Sunday morning with a notice that the package would be delivered Monday.
    I just got an email this morning:

you have a package coming tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Tuesday, 10/23/2018
    Estimated Delivery Time: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
    -jk

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I just got an email this morning:

-jk
    And I just got one as well, but my delivery is tomorrow. Given when UPS typically delivers to my house, I’ll have an hour from package delivery to game time.

ETA: my tickets are coming second day air. Guess they’re starting the drone deliveries for the six miles between Cameron and my house.

So, I am on hold with the ticket office right now, a rather long hold. OK, they are "checking with UPS on why they aren't being delivered today. If you do not get them today, let the ticket office know and they will print them for you and leave them at Will Call." So you can wait in line with the thousands of others who did not get them, I guess.

Hmm. Tickets arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at tipoff time in Durham.

Delivery Date and Time
    Tue, Oct 23
    7:00 PM

Sender
    DUKE UNIVERSITY/SEASON TICKETS
    In Transit

Extra question

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    So, I am on hold with the ticket office right now, a rather long hold. OK, they are "checking with UPS on why they aren't being delivered today. If you do not get them today, let the ticket office know and they will print them for you and leave them at Will Call." So you can wait in line with the thousands of others who did not get them, I guess.
    But what about your delayed parking pass for the game(s) ? ?

( I might seriously be tempted to just ask for a refund of the ticket costs + the game parking pass. )

k

My tickets just arrived. My stomach is starting to feel better. Hopefully everyone else will get their tickets in time. AW. 😀

Tickets here but no State Farm Ch Classic tickets

Tickets and parking passes finally arrived around 3 pm today.
    Contrary to what I was told by ID office, the State Farm Champions Classic tickets were not included. Did anyone receive their order for those??

k