Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Sighting: Roy and the Heels in Philly today (?)

    So, I’m driving into Center City Philadelphia this afternoon stuck in slow gridlock traffic—properly attired in my favorite blue Duke ballcap. As I creep along past the Westin Hotel on S 17th Street, I look to my left and here’s Roy Williams chatting with someone, and lots of tall guys wearing warmups in the wrong shade of blue, all getting ready to board a bus.

    Anyone know why the Heels were in Philly on Oct.19th way before the start of the season?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueandWhite View Post
    So, I’m driving into Center City Philadelphia this afternoon stuck in slow gridlock traffic—properly attired in my favorite blue Duke ballcap. As I creep along past the Westin Hotel on S 17th Street, I look to my left and here’s Roy Williams chatting with someone, and lots of tall guys wearing warmups in the wrong shade of blue, all getting ready to board a bus.

    Anyone know why the Heels were in Philly on Oct.19th way before the start of the season?
    Yeah they decided to go up there and lose a secret scrimmage game against Villanova.
    Last edited by 22JumpShots; 10-19-2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Looks like it's fall break. No need to pretend like there's any academics taking place. Phew... pretending to go to classes is hard work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post
    Yeah they decided to go up there and lose a secret scrimmage game against Villanova.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...123504083/Amp/
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  5. #5
    You didn't hear it from me, but Roy was in town to pay tribute to the boss, or "Papi" as his "kids" call him.

    You see, Roy was gettin' cute with a few G's that the boss had donated to Roy's charity of choice. Roy thought he could eat alone. Roy thought he could start his own garbage business. Roy was wrong.

    Boss sent a couple cugines down South on a message job. Special delivery, just for Roy. Well Roy, he caught wind of it did a little Spring Cleaning and went on the lam. You think they didn't still find the time to pay him a visit? Fuhgeddaboudit.

    Turns out it was nothing but a mock execution the whole time. A little visit from waste management is good for Roy every now and then, see? "Easiest message we ever ran", the boys said. "Bada bing bada boom."

    They told Roy that he had been given a pass, this time. Next time upper management might not be so forgiving.

    Long story short: Roy was a bad boy. Papi sent some messengers to deliver a message . . . set Roy back on the straight and narrow. Roy's a good kid, but sometimes he acts up as kids do . . . but it always disappoints Papi when he finds out that his kids have been disrespectful the family. "No one hates to have to reason with a kid more than Papi," they say.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post
    Yeah they decided to go up there and lose a secret scrimmage game against Villanova.
    https://chapelboro.com/sports/unc-sp...lled-scrimmage


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I was on a uncheat website....I need to throughly clean my computer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    I was on a uncheat website...I need to throughly clean my computer
    Just buy a new one. The old computer is irredeemably compromised.

Similar Threads

  1. JJ Redick at Philly
    By DavidF in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 10:24 PM
  2. ESPN/USA Today preseason poll--Duke 8th, State 6th, Heels not in top ten
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. getting from NY to Philly
    By Channing in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
  4. sports bar in Philly?
    By sparv in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •