Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed

    ACC Football Week Eight

    Opening lines:

    UNC @ (-12) Syracuse (line quickly dropped to -10.5 Syr), 12:20
    UVA @ (-8) Duke, 12:30
    Wake @ (-11) FSU (quickly dropped to -10 FSU), 3:30 ESPNU
    State @ (-17) Clemson, 3:30 ESPN

    Looks like everyone else has their bye week, including our following opponent Pitt.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

    -- David Byrne

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Opening lines:

    UNC @ (-12) Syracuse (line quickly dropped to -10.5 Syr), 12:20
    UVA @ (-8) Duke, 12:30
    Wake @ (-11) FSU (quickly dropped to -10 FSU), 3:30 ESPNU
    State @ (-17) Clemson, 3:30 ESPN

    Looks like everyone else has their bye week, including our following opponent Pitt.
    And, it's no surprise that Georgia Tech's next opponent, VT, has a bye week before the thursday night game, October 25.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    And, it's no surprise that Georgia Tech's next opponent, VT, has a bye week before the thursday night game, October 25.
    I would say that will make Paul Johnson crabby, but of course everything does.
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

    -- David Byrne

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would say that will make Paul Johnson crabby, but of course everything does.
    On the one hand, he has a point. On the other hand, if they choose to run this mickey mouse offense, teams are going to do their best to have the open date before they play Tech. And there's nothing Johnson can do about that.

    But yeah, everything does make him crabby. He wakes up crabby I bet.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    State @ (-17) Clemson, 3:30 ESPN
    That's a pretty stout line. It's going to depend on which Clemson team shows up. I like State's chances to cover, not sure about winning the game as it's on the road.

  6. #6

    December

    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    That's a pretty stout line. It's going to depend on which Clemson team shows up. I like State's chances to cover, not sure about winning the game as it's on the road.
    Come on Packman; it's been too long. Let's meet in Charlotte for the title.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Come on Packman; it's been too long. Let's meet in Charlotte for the title.
    I did predict that State go 15-0 and win the ACC and NCAA titles, while Duke finished with one loss to the Pack in the title game. So I'm on board.

    That said, you guys already lost and State can only get to 14-0 best case.

  8. #8
    ACC Coastal race

    VT 3-0 ... GT ... BC ...@Pitt ... Mia ... UVa

    UVa 3-1 ... UNC ... Pitt ... @GT ... @VT

    Mia 2-1 ... @BC ... Duke ... @GT ... @VT ... Pitt
    Pitt 2-1 ... Duke ... @UVa ... VT ... @WFU ... @Mia

    Duke 1-2 ... @Pitt ...@Mia ... UNC ... @Clemson ... WFU

    UNC 1-3 . ... @UVa ... GT ... @Duke ... NCSU
    GT 1-3 ... @VT ... @UNC ... Mia ... UVa

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I did predict that State go 15-0 and win the ACC and NCAA titles, while Duke finished with one loss to the Pack in the title game. So I'm on board.

    That said, you guys already lost and State can only get to 14-0 best case.
    Oh well..../sobs

Similar Threads

  1. ACC Football: Week 3
    By Avvocato in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 12:52 PM
  2. ACC Football: Week Nine
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:46 PM
  3. ACC FOOTBALL: Week 6
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 06:11 PM
  4. ACC Football: Week 5
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 05:43 PM
  5. ACC Football: Week Two
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •