Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau

    Protection for Daniel Jones

    What a wonderful way for teammates to help Daniel Jones! This video shows the work true student athletes... with a very bright future!
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    What a wonderful way for teammates to help Daniel Jones! This video shows the work true student athletes... with a very bright future!
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200
    Those Blue Devils...geez...who do they think they are, embracing the whole student athlete concept.

    They really do think they are better than the rest of us, don't they?



    /snark

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Holy !#!^@^!!

    That is next level cool stuff. It would be amazing if regular students had done that... to see his teammates showing off their engineering and computer science skills doing this... words fail me.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Holy !#!^@^!!

    That is next level cool stuff. It would be amazing if regular students had done that... to see his teammates showing off their engineering and computer science skills doing this... words fail me.
    I think these meet the definition of "regular students" -- both together, in four years, have been on the field fewer than 20 plays.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    next project for these guys: a fifth metatarsal guard for hoopsters.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I think these meet the definition of "regular students" -- both together, in four years, have been on the field fewer than 20 plays.
    These two guys have kept the same practice schedule as those who played and they've kept the same travel scheduled as those who made it on the field during a game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    When I read the title of this thread, I was expecting info about the offensive line. Props to the Student athletes who came up with this gadget.

    (It would be beneficial if the offensive line provided more protection also.)

  8. #8
    If the technology available today was available when I studied biomedical engineering at Duke, I might have found a career in my major.

    This is next level cool applying education to solving real world problems.

    Great story!

  9. #9
    Not sure I understand the big deal: they've had 3D print at Carolina for decades -- squeals of delight in the English classes when the dragon pokes his head above the castle wall in the pop-up book.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Very cool story, proud of my school.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    next project for these guys: a fifth metatarsal guard for hoopsters.
    Why not start with Koby Quansah? He's got a broken fifth metatarsal.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=211775638

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Why not start with Koby Quansah? He's got a broken fifth metatarsal.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=211775638
    Phhht. He must want K to have him walk on. . . .
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

Similar Threads

  1. The “Daniel Jones deserves his own injury vigil” vigil
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 12:42 PM
  2. Awards for Daniel Jones
    By Devil in the Blue Dress in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2017, 08:15 AM
  3. Good Daniel Jones article at GoDuke.com
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 07:04 PM
  4. Welcome to Duke, Daniel Jones (QB).
    By 94duke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •