Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I'm glad I didn't pay for a subscription. I'm surprised we didn't get to see the dunk contest.

Was there one?

Time to cancel my subscription before I forget and end up paying. Notice how the Duke series doesn't start until after our free 7 day subscription ends?
    The warmup was essentially the dunk contest. Zion put on a show. He is simply dazzling to watch in person. He seems to float in mid air. He also had 4 or 5 thunder dunks during the scrimmage.

Javin looked really good. Hitting threes. Couple nice moves in the lane. Nice rebounding. Very involved.

Tyus, I mean Tre, was fantastic. He seems to really know how to get into the lane. Gonna be great.

Barrett had a sneaky 21 points. He’s got moves galore. I really think we’ll go as far as he takes us.

AOC played well. He’ll be a solid contributor. We’ll need him on the perimeter.

Baker had a couple nice threes.

Reddish looks like he’s still getting his motor back. He had a fairly quiet game but you can see the potential.

White was fairly quiet as well. And Marques seemed hesitant to me. I’m pulling for him though. We need him.

Edit: Just read that Cam had 13 points. I didn’t even realize it. Guess that’s a good thing.
    Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen; 10-19-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

And it was weird when they announced Wendell's parent were in the stands. The admiral was there, as was Reggie Love and Carmen Wallace, and I know I'm forgetting one.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    This doesn’t mean anything really, but NBA draft projects RJ, Zion and Cam to go 1, 3 and 4 in the draft. Yeah we had similar talent last year and didn’t win, but we should be the most talented team in the country. That’s a good thing to be.
    I'm more confident in tre than I was in, well, tre...von. It's such a small sample size that all we have now is really shots in the dark, but he seems a bit more polished than trevon was last year...and far more active on the defensive end. He was also very composed on the couple fast breaks he had, something that Trevon struggled with last year. Time will tell.

He also doesn't need to worry about being PG while the "other" PG is the captain and leader of the team (Grayson).

If I had to make a call on which frosh I was "most" worried about based on 20 minutes of intrasquad fun-time, it would be reddish...but those guys had the blocks stacked against them with tyus and o'connel handling the ball on the other side. Goldwire is respectable, but not enough of a stud to really allow those two to shine, and they still did admirably. It was clear the balance wasn't there, though. At one point Blue had 33 points, 30 of which from barrett and reddish.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    So who will be the 5th starter? Vrankovic? Or do you think we'll play ultimate small ball and start Alex with the four freshmen?
    alex and 4 freshman. I'd bet hard on that. nobody else is close. Alex shoots a good 3, and seemed to have good movement off the ball and with with tre tonight. Obviously tossing in the other frosh will change things, but I don't think anyone else showed anything to make me think they have a shot at starting.

Not mentioned: highlight of the night for me was Buckmire doing the "carlton" to "it's not unusual" with Nolan. I don't think most students got it. (for any youngin's on DBR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8 )
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm more confident in tre than I was in, well, tre...von. It's such a small sample size that all we have now is really shots in the dark, but he seems a bit more polished than trevon was last year...and far more active on the defensive end. He was also very composed on the couple fast breaks he had, something that Trevon struggled with last year. Time will tell.

He also doesn't need to worry about being PG while the "other" PG is the captain and leader of the team (Grayson).

If I had to make a call on which frosh I was "most" worried about based on 20 minutes of intrasquad fun-time, it would be reddish...but those guys had the blocks stacked against them with tyus and o'connel handling the ball on the other side. Goldwire is respectable, but not enough of a stud to really allow those two to shine, and they still did admirably. It was clear the balance wasn't there, though. At one point Blue had 33 points, 30 of which from barrett and reddish.

alex and 4 freshman. I'd bet hard on that. nobody else is close. Alex shoots a good 3, and seemed to have good movement off the ball and with with tre tonight. Obviously tossing in the other frosh will change things, but I don't think anyone else showed anything to make me think they have a shot at starting.
    With all the pie hunters around here, you should know better than to post that. (Or maybe you were aware and want action.)

I'll take Javin to start, and you can take Alex to start. Bet a pie on that?

In any case, I agree with almost all of your analysis, except for Javin struggling (and obviously Alex starting). I was quite pleased with Tre's play as well.

Quote Originally Posted by

Not mentioned: highlight of the night for me was Buckmire doing the "carlton" to "it's not unusual" with Nolan. I don't think most students got it. (for any youngin's on DBR: [url
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8[/url] )
    OMG-I will love Buckmire forever for that!

Would someone with IT savvy please make a meme?

Didn’t watch CTC, but just read Reddish played with fractured rib. Did he play many minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Didn’t watch CTC, but just read Reddish played with fractured rib. Did he play many minutes?
    Cam probably played 18 of the 20 minutes. I think he came out once, briefly.

I was about to note that I thought Reddish looked behind the other two stars but I will give him a break That said - the outside shooting was poor. That needs to get better. Every year I see a player with unusual gifts in a Duke Uniform- Ingram, Tatum, Bagley and now Zion. That kid makes Lebron look human.

Another practice injury....SHEESH

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Another practice injury...SHEESH
    He didn't try to stand in and take a charge against Zion, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    He didn't try to stand in and take a charge against Zion, did he?
    No, or the reports would be a whole lot worse -- on the order of multiple fractures and bruises!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

almost off topic

but for those that signed up for ESPN+, there's a series called 'Year One' that focuses on the rookie year of the 2018 NBA players. Lots of footage of Grayson and Marvin.

No reports from attendees or ESPN+ viewers who are GGLC?

Not mentioned: highlight of the night for me was Buckmire doing the "carlton" to "it's not unusual" with Nolan. I don't think most students got it. (for any youngin's on DBR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8 )
    We will go as far as Buckmire takes us. Buckmire for President.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    No reports from attendees or ESPN+ viewers who are GGLC?
    I've been GGLC'ing since Canada. I took it up another notch with Javin hitting threes yesterday. Maybe the Death Lineup IS the one with Javin at center?

Can anyone confirm if a replay is available on ESPN+? Is there another web source for viewing?
    Thanks!

if you go to watch espn, there is a replay. however, i'm not a subscriber to espn+ so i couldn't watch it. youtube has a 6 minute highlight video of the scrimmage. there is also has some pre game stuff too

It's ov...

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post
    OMG-I will love Buckmire forever for that!

Would someone with IT savvy please make a meme?
    Bucky's Carlton:
    https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threa...lton.10857113/

Warning: Linky goes to rival Duke forum. Okay to visit once, but come right back here, y'all!

According to DBR earlier this month, Coach K has said that Javin would likely be the fifth starter, at least at the beginning. Of course, that's not binding, and we know he will go with whoever he links looks best going into the games.

Re Buckmire, I agree times ten--saw the intros on YouTube and this was tremendous!