• Bumblebee (Dec 21)

10 23.26%
  • Glass (Jan 18)

8 18.60%
  • Lego Movie 2 (Feb 8)

35 81.40%
  • How To Train Your Dragon 3 (Feb 22)

5 11.63%
  • Field (all other films not named above)

12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In many of those "early voting" venues, you are not limited to one vote
    Huh. How does that work? Once I complete and mail in my ballot, my vote is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Early voting is going on around the country. Once you submit your ballot, you don’t get to take it back.
    That's because there is no practical way to change it. That is not the case here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Early voting is going on around the country. Once you submit your ballot, you don’t get to take it back.
    That’s a little bit different than a silly internet poll asking about top movies. Some of y’all are taking this WAY too serious. It’s all for fun.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    That’s a little bit different than a silly internet poll asking about top movies.
    Almost flamed you for heresy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Poll closes at 2:10pm ET today. Get your votes in!

-Jason "there seems to be a pretty wide consensus that you can change your picks up until the deadline. If you wish to do so, please post in this thread before 2:10pm ET" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "there seems to be a pretty wide consensus that you can change your picks up until the deadline. If you wish to do so, please post in this thread before 2:10pm ET" Evans
    Great! I change my picks to all the winners!

I am changing my picks. I am dropping Aquaman from my top 5 and adding Mary Poppins.

As a result, my top 5 picks are:

The Grinch
    Fantastic Beasts 2
    Ralph Breaks the Internet
    Mary Poppins Returns
    and Lego Movie 2
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I am changing my picks. I am dropping Aquaman from my top 5 and adding Mary Poppins.

The Grinch
    Fantastic Beasts 2
    Mary Poppins Returns
    and Lego Movie 2
    As I told Udaman, I hope you're right.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I demand a recount! I will appeal to the highest available judicial authority!

The Grinch
    Fantastic Beasts 2
    Mary Poppins Returns
    and Lego Movie 2
    So Mary Poppins is getting a good buzz? Explains how she can fly ...

So Mary Poppins is getting a good buzz?
    Yup... and the Aquaman test screenings were reportedly just ok... somewhat similar scores to Batman vs Superman (which critics hated, but the public didn't hate that much). I also think the DCEU has very little capital with audiences at this point.

Dang! Thought I had til the end of the day. Oh well.

is it too late to disclaim Holmes and Watson as part of my "Field" pick.

If that is a top-5 movie this winter, I don't want to be a part of the contest - ever. It makes Naked Gun seem like Shakespeare.

is it too late to disclaim Holmes and Watson as part of my "Field" pick.

If that is a top-5 movie this winter, I don't want to be a part of the contest - ever. It makes Naked Gun seem like Shakespeare.
    If that movie makes the top 5, there is a lot more wrong about the world than this contest.

The first player in our contest took in $50M in its opening weekend. That is nice money, but not enough to be a contender, unless it has crazy long legs. At least it has an A Cinemascore going for it, but this will be the only weekend it sits at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The first player in our contest took in $50M in its opening weekend. That is nice money, but not enough to be a contender, unless it has crazy long legs. At least it has an A Cinemascore going for it, but this will be the only weekend it sits at #1.
    An A Cinemascore could easily translate to a 3.5 multiplier, which would put Bohemian Rap in the $175+ mil range. While that probably won't be enough to hit the #5 spot, it is not out of the question. We've had #5 films in that general range plenty of times in the past. We need a couple more weeks to see how it holds up to have a better idea.

I am amazed that Venom (29% RT score) is about to cross over the $200M mark. I never would have given it a chance in our contest; it is clear from those numbers that it could have been a player.
    It also makes me dread seeing what WetGuy does since I didn't vote for it, but I still think Venom did this well in part due to the Marvel affiliation.

Just got back from a Dolby showing of B Rhap. Absolutely loved it. Everybody in the theater sang along at the final scene in Wembley Stadium. Crowd was highly diverse along age and race, everybody loved it.
    It's an experience and Rami Malek is riveting. He's in every scene and I could not take my eyes off of him.

I've never seen anything like this. It's a blast.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Grinch reviews looking meh, but on the positive side. Fantastic Beasts reviews looking meh, on the negative side.
    I still think both movies are mostly review proof and safe, but I'm bummed that it is looking like Beasts is such a mess.

Bohemian Rhapsody was fine. Rami Malek turned in an excellent performance, but the rest of the movie was meh. Live Aid scene was a nice ending.