Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    That was indeed a great way to end the second period.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That was indeed a great way to end the second period.
    Somewhere, John Forslund yelled THATS HOCKEY BABY!!!!!!!! on that play. Great pass. Great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Somewhere, John Forslund yelled THATS HOCKEY BABY!!!!!!!! on that play. Great pass. Great shot.
    Yup. Aho made a great read on the defense to set him up.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Yup. Aho made a great read on the defense to set him up.
    It was awesome goal...but I thought Niederreiter (sp) made the assist....but I could be wrong

It was awesome goal...but I thought Niederreiter (sp) made the assist...but I could be wrong
    He did but Aho drew the defense opening up the passing lane for Niederreiter. Maybe I'm giving Aho too much credit but I really thought he created the opportunity for the Canes. Aho finished the play with 3 Caps around him and the puck going in the opposite direction.

He did but Aho drew the defense opening up the passing lane for Niederreiter. Maybe I'm giving Aho too much credit but I really thought he created the opportunity for the Canes. Aho finished the play with 3 Caps around him and the puck going in the opposite direction.
    nah, you made a great point...I just watched the replay, and all three players made amazing plays. Aho did drive the outside - and that opened up the middle.

Mrazek was outstanding again in the net and well-deserving of the #1 star of the game but I voted for Goldwire .

Mrazek was outstanding again in the net and well-deserving of the #1 star of the game but I voted for Goldwire .
    He made a point blank save late.....that would've been a killer had the Caps scored then. The "Mhrazek Miracle"

Could be brutal test tonight in DC....but I like the Canes' chances.

SHEEEESH....the two Charlotte players brought up are freaking lost....

I thought Brown did OK in game three but he missed played a couple of packs tonight. Caps out skating the canes but I like the effort from the canes in a hostile environment. Tough break on the goal rebound. I thought Mrazek made a fabulous save towards the end of the period.

I thought Brown did OK in game three but he missed played a couple of packs tonight. Caps out skating the canes but I like the effort from the canes in a hostile environment. Tough break on the goal rebound. I thought Mrazek made a fabulous save towards the end of the period.
    Yeah, Washington out skated the Canes, they were faster....all things considered, it could be worse than 1-0. What gripes me is the turnover we had that set up their rush on the power play....second straight game where we've killed about 1:50 of a power play only to give one up late in the PP.

Yeah you called it exactly. The Canes got possession with 23 seconds left in the power play and I thought oh good they’ll be able to run this out 14 seconds to go in the power play Washington was going the other direction

Tough period For the Canes. Foegele with the bonehead move of the series.

Tough period For the Canes. Foegele with the bonehead move of the series.
    ...until Dougie Hamilton said "hold my beer..."

Glad Caps missed the PAT.

Glad Caps missed the PAT.
    Hah, yeah, and that was about the only thing they missed all night. Terrible game for the Canes...but easier to rebound from than losing a heartbreaker late or in OT.

Hah, yeah, and that was about the only thing they missed all night. Terrible game for the Canes...but easier to rebound from than losing a heartbreaker late or in OT.
    The Caps played with a intensity the Canes have yet to match. Oviechkin plays nasty, not dirty necessarily, but totally committed to beating your miserable carcass up and down the ice.

Foegle has at least three bad plays that led to Caps' goals in this series. Ship him out..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Foegle has at least three bad plays that led to Caps' goals in this series. Ship him out..
    He's also had a few great goals, and we're already low on forwards.