Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I became hooked after I attended my first game, Game 2 of the 2006 Quarterfinals..yup the game Cam Ward replaced Martin Gerber. Talk about an initiation. But you're right. Next season I picked up a 10-game season ticket package, 4 rows off the office, behind the goal in Section 113. Knowing little about hockey, the first thing I learned was "Oh, ok, that's why shifts only last 45 seconds." The expenditure of energy is off the charts. I wrestled in high school and for my money it's the only sport that requires a similarly sustained effort. Far more demanding than I had credited it to be.
    Hah, I was in DC last week and met a guy who was an olympic wrestler, and now travels the world using wrestling to mend fences between people groups and nations...and we got to chatting about all kinds of things. I told him I've always thought wrestling was the longest two minutes in sport...and it is...but when I saw hockey, I realized that was the longest 50 seconds in sports...

We were season tix holders in 06, and neighbors to Peter Lavoilette and family. We carpooled with them to little league hockey for his son and mine. WHAT A RIDE!!!!! that Cup run was...really the whole season.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Coming off their worst game of the year, a home Friday night 8-1 loss...the Canes went the very next night to Nashville and beat the Predators 5-3. The Preds were not only at home, but had three nights rest. Great win to keep momentum going and to stay inside the playoff cut line and even the automatic bid cut line. (4 teams fighting for 3 spots...VERY tight between the 4).
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Coming off their worst game of the year, a home Friday night 8-1 loss...the Canes went the very next night to Nashville and beat the Predators 5-3. The Preds were not only at home, but had three nights rest. Great win to keep momentum going and to stay inside the playoff cut line and even the automatic bid cut line. (4 teams fighting for 3 spots...VERY tight between the 4).
    Were you nervous? I was (as much as I get nervous over hockey which relative to playing the lying scum sucking, fetid pussbags from Chapel Hill, isn't much) wondering if they had sucked me in again to thinking this year was going to be different. Great effort and comeback after getting thoroughly eviscerated by the Pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Were you nervous? I was (as much as I get nervous over hockey which relative to playing the lying scum sucking, fetid pussbags from Chapel Hill, isn't much) wondering if they had sucked me in again to thinking this year was going to be different. Great effort and comeback after getting thoroughly eviscerated by the Pegs.
    After two great months...they did go 0-1-1 in two games including the 8-1 disaster....but the win at Nashville, the Predators at home and rested, was a great win. And the tie they forced two games ago was a gutty way to get a point in the standings.

If you're gonna lose, might as well be 8-1 than 2-1.

Big Win over Pittsburgh Penguins...

Huge win tonight over the Pens....puts them in really good position to make the playoffs...though it's not done deal yet. I was there, my first game in person in a while. Fun fast hard fought game, both teams had 38 shots on goal and both had 2 goals in regulation...both goalies were outstanding. Canes win in the shootout.