Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    that power play was a disaster.

Marchand looks better than 2 Canes players together. The Canes looked like the shorthanded team even with a man advantage

And another Boston goal, with Mrazek nowhere near his goal.

Hopefully things go better back in Raleigh. Canes look like no match for these Bruins (7 unanswered goals by Bruins over last 2 games)
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 05-12-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Rask is a brick wall

Why is that not a double penalty?

I understand the retaliation penalty on Williams, but how was that not a penalty on Marchand for hooking Williams initially with his stick?

ok Mercy rule. Can we just stop this game and go back to Raleigh now?

Time to change goalies, but I doubt it will matter going forward. Boston just too good in the goal and on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Why is that not a double penalty?
    NHL officiating is the most absurd, capricious and inexplicable officiating of all.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Time to change goalies, but I doubt it will matter going forward. Boston just too good in the goal and on offense.
    Brind 'Amour has punched all the right buttons all year...until he pulled Mc out of goal when he was on a 3-0 run. Mrazek hasn't been right either game. Really bad decision by Roddy. You're much better off riding the hot sub with the starter in the wings, than forcing the starter back in while the sub is hot. Love Roddy, but this was a big mistake.

Have Roddy and Bales ruined it for the Canes?????

There is just something very different about this feeling and the 0-2 start against the Caps. It's like something has broken....something good is gone. Call it a disturbance in the force. I think the decision to pull McIlhenny out after going 3-0 was terrible, and said so at the time. Mrazek was mediocre in game 1 and terrible in this game. Now what do you do? There is no feel good here coming back to Raleigh.

Mrazek and Mc play totally different games...Mrazek is smaller and more athletic and more active...Mc is calmer, bigger, moves less. Boston has lit Mrazek up by moving him from side to side. Mc plays differently.

Huge screw the pooch by Roddy and his goaltending coach, Bales, here. They've made the right calls all year. Not so much now.

Huge mistake to change goalies..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Huge mistake to change goalies..
    Do you mean it would be a mistake NOW....or a mistake coming out of the Islanders' series?

Dougie dummy

Hamilton is KILLING US....so is Justin Williams. SHEESH GUYS

The Bruins goalie is amazing.
    I’m not sure if the hockey gods are as vengeful as the basketball gods.
    This has been some challenging hockey to watch ever since the “sweep” chant against the Islanders.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    This has been some challenging hockey to watch ever since the “sweep” chant against the Islanders.
    The hockey gods are far more vengeful....simply because hockey is much more dependent on "the gods" than any other sport. The gods are not with the canes tonight. Should've been 4-0 in the first. Yes, the Bruins goalie is awesome, but he got lucky about 3-4 times in the first period. Made one glove save he never even saw.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That’s really been the difference. The hurricanes goaltending has been average to shaky, and Rask is standing on his head. At some point you have to concede Boston is the better team especially in goal. Hopefully the Canes and win Thursday and make Boston win up there. If they don’t pull off the 3-0 miracle comeback it has still been a wonderful year to get back to the playoffs and actually win a couple series.

Ridiculous non call in the West. Pretty obvious hand pass on ot game winner. Blues got hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    NHL officiating is the most absurd, capricious and inexplicable officiating of all.
    The Blues would agree with this after that blown call on the overtime goal

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Ridiculous non call in the West. Pretty obvious hand pass on ot game winner. Blues got hosed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    The Blues would agree with this after that blown call on the overtime goal
    Sharks fan here. Completely agree it was a missed call. Not sure why but it's apparently not reviewable - a quick google did not turn up any comprehensive rulebook on what's reviewable on goals. Goalie interference, of course, and whether the puck crossed the goal line. Is there anything else that can be reviewed? Not sure.

I do have a conspiracy theory here. NHL "powers that be" would love nothing better than to help the Sharks advance to the finals where they will be swept by the Bruins. Poor Shark fans once again wondering if the team will ever get over the hump. Love the Sharks but this is not one of their better teams especially on defense. No way they'll be winning games 5-4 against Rask. If they even get past Blues. Hope i'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post

I do have a conspiracy theory here. NHL "powers that be" would love nothing better than to help the Sharks advance to the finals where they will be swept by the Bruins. Hope i'm wrong!
    You're half wrong. Gary Bettman has publicly stated many times that his childhood passion was to dance in a Jerome Robbins musical. While attending NYU Law he was frequently seen in a unitard down at Rockefeller Center ice dancing to Karen Carpenter songs. Had all gone according to plan the Sharks would be facing the Jets in the finals but Bettman forgot that when the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg they became denizens of the Western Conference. It was about this time when Bettman scripted the rules for the use of replay, which explains a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Sharks fan here. Completely agree it was a missed call. Not sure why but it's apparently not reviewable - a quick google did not turn up any comprehensive rulebook on what's reviewable on goals. Goalie interference, of course, and whether the puck crossed the goal line. Is there anything else that can be reviewed? Not sure.

I do have a conspiracy theory here. NHL "powers that be" would love nothing better than to help the Sharks advance to the finals where they will be swept by the Bruins. Poor Shark fans once again wondering if the team will ever get over the hump. Love the Sharks but this is not one of their better teams especially on defense. No way they'll be winning games 5-4 against Rask. If they even get past Blues. Hope i'm wrong!
    If and when the Bruins close this out (not giving up! The Canes are resilient but I'm just being realistic), I will be cheering for the west winner. Boston fans are so annoying. They've booed Rask his whole time there, and now they chant his name on every save. Give me a break. At least the Celts are a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    That’s really been the difference. The hurricanes goaltending has been average to shaky, and Rask is standing on his head. At some point you have to concede Boston is the better team especially in goal. Hopefully the Canes and win Thursday and make Boston win up there. If they don’t pull off the 3-0 miracle comeback it has still been a wonderful year to get back to the playoffs and actually win a couple series.
    BUT BUT...the difference could be as simple as Brock McGinn's 3 on 2 odd man rush miss of an empty net late in the second period of game one. That easy lay up would've made it 3-1 Canes after two....with a late period goal and short handed to boot. Since that flub, the B's have dominated. Before that flub, the canes were the better team.

Then you add misses of Tervainan and Svechnikov in game 3, open nets, and you have a series that could/shoud be much much different, Rask notwithtanding.