Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Important tourney for Roach and Blaum as the they’re both hovering around Top 125 line. Only a few tournaments left before Fedex series.
    Roach is #134
    Blaum is #125
    Streelman is #60
    Long is #51

-Jason "Long's win at the Desert Classic was a really big deal for his Fedex points. He has 672 total points, 500 of which came from that one tourney" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Roach is #134
    Blaum is #125
    Streelman is #60
    Long is #51

-Jason "Long's win at the Desert Classic was a really big deal for his Fedex points. He has 672 total points, 500 of which came from that one tourney" Evans
    PGA money list:

Streelman is #59 with $1,562,414
    Long is #62 with $1,511,807
    Roach is #128 with $692,976
    Blaum is #131 with $674,847
    Bob Green

With a lot of golf left to play today, Wes Roach shot 66 and is currently T10, having moved up 22 spots (for now at least).

Adam Long shot 72 and is now T62.

Wes Roach shot a bogey free 66 yesterday and is 5 shots off the lead going into today's final round.

Tee times:

T14, Wes Roach (-11), 11:25 am
    T50, Ryan Blaum (-6), 8:35 am
    T61, Adam Long (-4), 7:15 am
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Wes Roach shot a bogey free 66 yesterday and is 5 shots off the lead going into today's final round.

Tee times:

T14, Wes Roach (-11), 11:25 am
    T50, Ryan Blaum (-6), 8:35 am
    T61, Adam Long (-4), 7:15 am
    Roach finished at 15 under and currently tied for 6th. CBC actually showed him. He should finish about 10th which will put him safely inside Top 125 money list (key for keeping the tour card). Interesting that he played poorly (no top 40s) until the past month. He’s had a 3rd, 11th and now roughly 10th place finish recently.

Blaum and Long finished in the 50s this week. Ryan needs another top 20 or so before reg.season ends in Greensboro soon.

Roach finished at 15 under and currently tied for 6th. CBC actually showed him. He should finish about 10th which will put him safely inside Top 125 money list (key for keeping the tour card). Interesting that he played poorly (no top 40s) until the past month. He’s had a 3rd, 11th and now roughly 10th place finish recently.

Blaum and Long finished in the 50s this week. Ryan needs another top 20 or so before reg.season ends in Greensboro soon.
    Correction to my post: Although money winnings and Fedex points are closely correlated, since 2013 the Top 125 list for tour cards is based on Fedex points ranking.

Thursday tee times:

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...1-on-thursday/

Kevin Streelman tees off at 10:32 am.
    Bob Green

I'd happily bet a few pounds on streels if I could. America is still a little Puritan for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    I'd happily bet a few pounds on streels if I could. America is still a little Puritan for my taste.
    Kevin struggled on day one with a +6 score of 77. He is roaring today, -4 after nine holes and within one shot of the projected cut line of +1.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Kevin struggled on day one with a +6 score of 77. He is roaring today, -4 after nine holes and within one shot of the projected cut line of +1.
    He is now -6 through 15 holes today, and is at Even (above the projected cut line) for the tournament. Hope he finishes well & makes it to the weekend.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Streelman finished Round 2 at -6 and is E for the Championship. He is T47 and will be playing the weekend.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman finished Round 2 at -6 and is E for the Championship. He is T47 and will be playing the weekend.
    With 74 rounds complete as of this minute, Streels -6 is tied for the best round of the day with only one other player (Justin Harding). Tournament leader Shane Lowry is also -6 after 12 holes.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

With 74 rounds complete as of this minute, Streels -6 is tied for the best round of the day with only one other player (Justin Harding). Tournament leader Shane Lowry is also -6 after 12 holes.
    Quite the turnaround for Kevin.

To my limited knowledge, we haven’t seen a Duke player contend in a Major since the days of Art Wall and Mike Souchak. I didn’t really start following Duke golfers on the tour before Joe Ogilvie so I could be wrong. Joe, Kevin and now Adam Long have won regular tour events in past 15 or so years.

Quite the turnaround for Kevin.

To my limited knowledge, we haven’t seen a Duke player contend in a Major since the days of Art Wall and Mike Souchak. I didn’t really start following Duke golfers on the tour before Joe Ogilvie so I could be wrong. Joe, Kevin and now Adam Long have won regular tour events in past 15 or so years.
    Wikipedia does a good job of tracking player records in the Majors.

Streels has a T12 at the PGA in 2012, T12 at the Masters in 2015 and T13 at the US Open in 2016.

Joe Ogilvie was T17 at the 2005 PGA and T25 at both the 2001 British Open and the 2005 Masters.

Souchak had 11 top ten finishes in the Majors -- T3, T3 and T4 at the US Open in 1959, 1960 and 1961.

Art Wall, Jr. won the 1959 Masters and had four other top ten finishes.
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 07-19-2019 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added the old guys
    Sage Grouse

Streels has a T12 at the PGA in 2012, T12 at the Masters in 2015 and T13 at the US Open in 2016.

Joe Ogilvie was T17 at the 2005 PGA and T25 at both the 2001 British Open and the 2005 Masters.

Souchak had 11 top ten finishes in the Majors -- T3, T3 and T4 at the US Open in 1959, 1960 and 1961.

Thanks for this info.

Art Wall also is famous for making an insane number of holes-in-one. I can't remember the exact number but it was in the 30s or low-40s, if memory serves, which is just other-worldly, almost Kim-Jong Il-esque.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Thanks for looking that up for us lazy souls🙂. It does seem we had a long gap between tour winners (no winners between 1960s and 2000s?)

Thanks for looking that up for us lazy souls🙂. It does seem we had a long gap between tour winners (no winners between 1960s and 2000s?)
    Art Wall, Jr. won in 1975 at the Milwaukee Open at age 51. No one that old has won since on the PGA Tour (sam Snead holds the record set earlier).
    Sage Grouse

Skip Alexander tied for ninth in the 1948 PGA, tied for 11th in the 1948 U.S. Open and tied for 14th in the 1950 Masters.

Alexander was badly burned in a plane crash and had to drop off the PGA tour because he couldn't walk 18 holes.

To win this by one shot, he birdied 13, 14, and 15, parred 16, then birdied 17 and 18 (yes, he birdied FIVE of the last SIX holes at the Masters to edge Cary Middlecoff by one stroke). The story that year was not Art Wall's win but Arnold Palmer's collapse, with a triple bogey at the famed 12th hole, and two missed putts under six feet on 17 and 18. After the round, Palmer said that if he managed to par the 12th hole, he "probably would've won by 5 strokes."
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    To win this by one shot, he birdied 13, 14, and 15, parred 16, then birdied 17 and 18 (yes, he birdied FIVE of the last SIX holes at the Masters to edge Cary Middlecoff by one stroke). The story that year was not Art Wall's win but Arnold Palmer's collapse, with a triple bogey at the famed 12th hole, and two missed putts under six feet on 17 and 18. After the round, Palmer said that if he managed to par the 12th hole, he "probably would've won by 5 strokes."
    Yea that hurt as did the double bogey on 18 leading by a stroke in 1961? To give the Masters away to Player. But of course in other Master years he birdied the last 4 to win. That was the nature of the King’s game.