T33 Kevin Streelman (-3), 12:10, Tee #10
    T33 Ryan Blaum (-3), 1:10, Tee #10
    T52, Wes Roach, (-2), 1:40, Tee #10
    T92, Adam Long (E), currently playing #2
    Bob Green

Round 2 is in the books:

T7 Kevin Streelman (-9)
    T23 Ryan Blaum (-7)

Wes Roach (E) and Adam Long (+1) are going to miss the cut.
    Bob Green

In the Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic (sounds like Australia, but it's Wisconsin), six Duke players are in the field:

Mina Harigae is T4 at -14
    Yu Liu is T6 at -13 (Yu was the first-round leader)
    Celine Boutier is T20 at -9

Scores were very low and three Dukies missed the cut:

Lindy Duncan at -4
    Laetitia Beck at -1
    Brittany Lang at even par
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In the Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic (sounds like Australia, but it's Wisconsin), six Duke players are in the field.
    As I mentioned my sister is up there, played in the pro-am Wednesday and is watching the tournament. She got all 6 Duke players to sign her Duke hat, and said the group couldn’t have been nicer.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 07-06-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    As I mentioned my sister is up there, played in the pro-am Wednesday and is watching the tournament. She got all 6 Duke players to sign her Duke hat, and said the group couldn’t have been nicer.
    After three rounds, Mina Harigae is at -18 and T6, two shots out of the lead. Celine Boutier and Yu Liu are at -14 and T13.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Round 2 is in the books:

T7 Kevin Streelman (-9)
    T23 Ryan Blaum (-7)

Wes Roach (E) and Adam Long (+1) are going to miss the cut.
    Kevin shot a -2 69 today and is T15. (The scores are low, low, low in both the 3M PGA event and the LPGA.)

Ryan Blaum had some missteps on the back nine and finished at +3 74 and will not play tomorrow.
    Sage Grouse

Not Duke-related, but I cannot help observing that Matthew Wolff (tied for the 3M lead) has undoubtedly the all-time professional swing that is least likely to be emulated. I cannot for the life of me figure out how he hits the ball so squarely.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    After three rounds, Mina Harigae is at -18 and T6, two shots out of the lead. Celine Boutier and Yu Liu are at -14 and T13.

Go Duke!
    Mina and Celine finish T9 and Yu Liu ends up at T26.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Not Duke-related, but I cannot help observing that Matthew Wolff (tied for the 3M lead) has undoubtedly the all-time professional swing that is least likely to be emulated. I cannot for the life of me figure out how he hits the ball so squarely.
    Definitely a unique swing and unique talent. I disagree only in the fact that I’m sure a bunch of guys are going to try his move at the range tomorrow!

His long time swing coach, George Gankas, is a bit of a golf internet sensation. He’s a super interesting guy that teaches unconventionally out of a public driving range in LA. Has a ton of younger players who each have their own swing but all kill the golf ball. He has a big IG and YouTube presence if you want to go down that rabbit hole. Here is one of his more polished vids explaining how the pieces of Wolff’s swing actually fit together (and also hocking his subscription site):

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BzoWB1Gga14/?igshid=s0ny5gkes4u2

Great win by Wolff today. Will be interesting to see if the pressure to perform/conform alters his swing to a more conventional approach over his career. So many guys on tour have early success but keep chasing more and alter their swings; many go back to their old instructors/swings eventually to regain what they once had.

So, in a strange twist, after the R&A told John Daly he had to walk (and not use a cart) in the British Open, Daly revealed that he had to have surgery due to a spider bite. As a result, Daly has withdrawn from the tournament, leaving a spot for our own Kevin Streelman (who evidently was contacted via a very succinct email, which he has posted to Twitter).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

This is a nice turn of events for Kevin Streelman. How great would it be for him to bring home the Claret Jug! Here's wishing the best of luck to Streelman.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, in a strange twist, after the R&A told John Daly he had to walk (and not use a cart) in the British Open, Daly revealed that he had to have surgery due to a spider bite. As a result, Daly has withdrawn from the tournament, leaving a spot for our own Kevin Streelman (who evidently was contacted via a very succinct email, which he has posted to Twitter).
    Does Streels have to drink a 12 pack before teeing off each day (after a beer per hole during the practice rounds) and smoke a pack per 9 holes?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Furyk says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Furyk says hi.
    Sorry, but … no. On the Barkley scale of swing irregularity elements, Wolff leaves Furyk in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Does Streels have to drink a 12 pack before teeing off each day (after a beer per hole during the practice rounds) and smoke a pack per 9 holes?
    Just 28 cans of Diet Coke and 6 packs of peanut m&ms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/17-absolutely-terrible-pieces-of-health-and-fitness-advice-from-john-daly/amp

Adam Long is the clubhouse leader at the John Deere Classic. He shot a -7 64 today.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
    Bob Green

Long ended day T 2nd while Blaum T 4th at 6 under-- get'm guys !

Moving Day

Today's tee times:

T32, Wes Roach (-6), 10:02 am
    T41, Adam Long (-5), 9:08 am
    T51, Ryan Blaum (-4), 8:23 am

Long and Blaum both shot over par on Friday so they need to play better on the weekend.
    Bob Green

Today's tee times:

Long and Blaum both shot over par on Friday so they need to play better on the weekend.
    Important tourney for Roach and Blaum as the they’re both hovering around Top 125 line. Only a few tournaments left before Fedex series.

Today's tee times:

Was it just me, or did anyone else think these guys graduated a long time ago!?

-jk