Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Kevin Streelman, Ryan Blaum and Adam Long are all T10 at -7. Today's tee times:

1230: Long

1240: Streelman, Blaum
    Bob Green

Streelman shot a -1 69 and finished T15 for the championship earning $115,200 for his weekend's work. His yearly earnings is right at $1.5 million. Next up is the Rocket Mortgage Classic in Detroit, MI.
    Bob Green

Streelman earning some ink in this Rocket Mortgage Power Rankings from Golfchannel.com:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/pow...rtgage-classic

8. Kevin Streelman: Streelman surged to a T-4 finish at the Memorial thanks to a closing 66, then after missing the U.S. Open he returned to action at Travelers where the former champ tied for 15th. Streelman now has seven straight rounds in the 60s and ranks inside the top 30 in strokes gained: tee-to-green. Should the putter remain cooperative, he'll likely factor again on a course that should yield plenty of red numbers.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot 66 today in the Rocket Mortgage Classic 1st Round and is currently T4. Lots of golfers out on the course but Kevin is off to a strong start. Today was his 8th consecutive round in the 60s stretching back to the Memorial Tournament.

As I stated upthread, Streelman is playing good golf.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 06-27-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman ... Today was his 8th consecutive round in the 60s stretching back to the Memorial Tournament.

Big deal, I've frequently played more than 8 consecutive rounds in the 60s …

I love playing in the cool Michigan fall weather!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Big deal, I've frequently played more than 8 consecutive rounds in the 60s …
    ...but then I have to start the back 9.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Moving Day

Streelman shot 70 yesterday so his string of consecutive rounds in the 60s ends at eight. Today's tee times are:

Wes Roach, T11 (-9), 12:50
    Kevin Streelman, T21 (-8), 11:30.

Adam Long and Ryan Blaum missed the cut.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman shot 70 yesterday so his string of consecutive rounds in the 60s ends at eight. Today's tee times are:

Wes Roach, T11 (-9), 12:50
    Kevin Streelman, T21 (-8), 11:30.

Adam Long and Ryan Blaum missed the cut.
    Roach needs a strong finish (top 5 if possible) and then multiple strong finishes in July/early August to keep his exempt status for next season. Good start for him though.

Blaum is barely inside the Top 125 money list, so he also needs a few more solid finishes. Streelman and Long will be in the Fedex Cup tourney and no issues with next year - Long auto qualified by winning this year.

Letitia Beck - #3 - SCTop10

Letitia Beck, on the par 5, 18th Hole of the Walmart Arkansas Championship of the LPGA Tour this week, scored a long eagle, with a ton of back-spin, to also score the #3 SCTop10 on ESPN Friday Night. Letitia was sporting her Duke Blue (and home country Israeli Blue) garb. She is tied for #56 at -2 going into today's play. Go Letitia!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Roach and Streels Having Good Days

Both at -4. Kevin has finished and is tied for 12th.

Wes is through 12 holes and T6.

(God forbid our guys ever show up on TV!)
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Both at -4. Kevin has finished and is tied for 12th.

Wes is through 12 holes and T6.

(God forbid our guys ever show up on TV!)
    Aren't they in the same tournament?

Today's tee times:

Wes Roach, T5 (-14), 1:45
    Kevin Streelman, T16 (-12), 12:45

Both guys have played themselves into position to earn a nice paycheck. They will have to finish strong as there have been low scores each day so much leaderboard shuffling will take place today.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Aren't they in the same tournament?
    Uhhh, -4 for the day at that point on the course.

Wes Roach is -14 and T5; Streels is -12 and T17 (as of now). Neither has teed off.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Uhhh, -4 for the day at that point on the course.

Wes Roach is -14 and T5; Streels is -12 and T17 (as of now). Neither has teed off.
    Great tourney for Roach, finishes T3, wins $424k and moves into top 125 in money. Streelman fell back a bit and T35 finish.

This week's PGA Tour stop is the 3M Open in the Twin Cities. Wes Roach will attempt to continue his hot play from last week while Kevin Streelman needs to recover from a disappointing Sunday.

Today's Tee Times (Eastern Time):

Kevin Streelman, 08:00, Tee #1
    Ryan Blaum, 09:00, Tee #1
    Wes Roach, 09:30, Tee #1
    Adam Long, 1:40, Tee #10

Here are a couple of links to articles on tournament odds and predictions from CBS Sports and Golf Digest.
    Bob Green

My sister is at the LPGA tourney in Wisconsin. She said there are 6 former Duke team members playing there? I know Boutier, Liu and Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    My sister is at the LPGA tourney in Wisconsin. She said there are 6 former Duke team members playing there? I know Boutier, Liu and Lang.
    Laetitia Beck
    Mina Harigae
    Lindy Duncan

In addition to:
    Celine Boutier
    Yu Liu
    Brittany Lang
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman shot -3 (68) in round 1. He is currently T13. Ryan Blaum is -4 (T6) through 14 holes. Wes Roach is -2 (T22) through 12 holes.

Adam Long has not teed off.
    Bob Green

Ryan Blaum finished -3 and Wes Roach -2. Adam Long is +1 through 4.
    Bob Green

Laetitia Beck
    Mina Harigae
    Lindy Duncan

In addition to:
    Celine Boutier
    Yu Liu
    Brittany Lang
    Yu Liu finished today with 62(-10). Others on the course and that may not be low score at end. Other Dukies going low as well.