Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Boutier

Celine Boutier leading the current LPGA tourney after first day. She’s become a star on the tour this year.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Celine Boutier leading the current LPGA tourney after first day. She’s become a star on the tour this year.
    At the start of the third round, Duke alum Yu Liu is leading the Bank of Hope Founders Trust in Phoenix. Liu played on the 2014 NCAA championship before turning pro and was All-ACC and 2nd team A-A in her one college year. Celine Boutier is tied for third, two shots off the lead.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

It is Moving Day at the Valero Texas Open. Kevin Streelman is T36 at -3 after the first 36 holes. He tees of at 9:25 am this morning.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It is Moving Day at the Valero Texas Open. Kevin Streelman is T36 at -3 after the first 36 holes. He tees of at 9:25 am this morning.
    Kevin has a good round of 69 (-3) and moves into T-23 going into the final round.

Now, 24 hours later, I can mention the fate of Ryan Blaum. He was sitting on the cut line at -1 on the par-five 18th, the second easiest hole on the course. After a 320-yard drive, he laid up to 100 yards but pulled it into the water. Bogey six and early exit.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Round 3 is in the books. Streelman moved up 12 places to T24 with a second straight -3 69. He is -6 for the tournament.
    Bob Green

Streelman is currently T9 at -10. He is -4 through 7 holes today.
    Bob Green

Streelman birdied #9 to go to -5 on the day, -11 for the Tournament. He is currently tied for 7th place. Hopefully, he can keep it up for nine more holes to secure a Top 10 finish and nice payday.
    Bob Green

Streelman birdied #9 to go to -5 on the day, -11 for the Tournament. He is currently tied for 7th place. Hopefully, he can keep it up for nine more holes to secure a Top 10 finish and nice payday.
    NBC actually showed his last bird. He’s hot, but would need miracle to win. A top 5 is feasible if he birdies a few more.

I tuned in, and there was Kevin in a fairly rare TV appearance, sinking the putt on #9. What difference does it make, you ask? A lot. I understand players get paid based on the time sponsor logos are visible on the various broadcasts. Now, counting "logo-seconds" is a job I could get into.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman is tied for 3rd after birdies on 14 and 15.
    Bob Green

Streelman moves to tied for 2nd Place with a birdie on 16.
    Bob Green

Streelman sinks a 20 foot putt for his fourth consecutive birdie and a tie for the lead.
    Bob Green

Streelman bogies 18 to finish the tournament at -14 and in 5th Place. Lots of golfers still on the course.
    Bob Green

Adam Long at the Masters

Adam is even par after six holes on Thursday. Great to see a Dukie at Augusta.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam is even par after six holes on Thursday. Great to see a Dukie at Augusta.
    Long now at +3 midway through back 9. If he doesn’t turn it around soon, no Dukie at Augusta this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Long now at +3 midway through back 9. If he doesn’t turn it around soon, no Dukie at Augusta this weekend.
    After parring the first two holes of Amen Corner -- 10, 11, and 12 -- Adam made a double bogey on the very short and treacherous #12. Water? Then a bogey on the par-five birdie hole, #13. Now at +4. Time for a rally.
    Sage Grouse

After parring the first two holes of Amen Corner -- 10, 11, and 12 -- Adam made a double bogey on the very short and treacherous #12. Water? Then a bogey on the par-five birdie hole, #13. Now at +4. Time for a rally.
    Birdied #17 and ended at +3 75. Will need a better score tomorrow. Go Adam! Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

I tuned in, and there was Kevin in a fairly rare TV appearance, sinking the putt on #9. What difference does it make, you ask? A lot. I understand players get paid based on the time sponsor logos are visible on the various broadcasts. Now, counting "logo-seconds" is a job I could get into.
    Logo seconds are real. Neal Lancaster told me about them years ago, when he was rarely shown on tv unless he was in or near the lead, which was rare. TV producers shunned him because he tended to cuss and the mics would pick up his “wankering”.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Kevin Streelman shot -2 (69) today at the RBC Heritage in South Carolina with birdies on 5, 6, 12 and 14; bogeys on 16 and 17. He played the back nine first. He is currently T16 with lots of golfers still out on the course. The leader (Shane Lowry) is at -6.

He tees off #1 at 1:20 pm Friday.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman shot -2 (69) today at the RBC Heritage in South Carolina with birdies on 5, 6, 12 and 14; bogeys on 16 and 17. He played the back nine first. He is currently T16 with lots of golfers still out on the course. The leader (Shane Lowry) is at -6.

He tees off #1 at 1:20 pm Friday.
    Adam Long and Ryan Blaum are both at Even