Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    In true Blue Devil fashion, Celine closed with 66 to finish 6th.

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Either would have trouble with a South Korean team composed only of players named Jeongeun Lee.
    Good one, and possibly true. Lizette Salas of the US played the round of her life yesterday. Only a 6-foot lip-out on 18 kept her out of at least a playoff at the Women's British Open. Celine Boutier finished in 6th as the top Duke player.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

For those who do not know, Wes Roach finished #134 in the FedEx Cup standings and did not make the playoffs.

Kevin Streelman is #68. He will certainly need to make the cup and he may need a top 25 kinda finish at the Northern Trust to advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the BMW Championship, by being in the top 70 in the standings.

Adam Long is #55. It is hard to design scenarios where he does not make the Northern Trust. If he plays well in the first two tournaments -- probably needs at least one T10 finish -- then he has a decent shot at finding his way into the Top 30 and making the Tour Championship, which is where the really big money can be found.

-Jason "good luck Streel/Long" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Northern Trust starts on Thursday. Here are tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 12:11, Hole #1
    Adam Long, 12:22, Hole #1

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/...tee-times.html
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    For those who do not know, Wes Roach finished #134 in the FedEx Cup standings and did not make the playoffs.

Kevin Streelman is #68. He will certainly need to make the cup and he may need a top 25 kinda finish at the Northern Trust to advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the BMW Championship, by being in the top 70 in the standings.

Adam Long is #55. It is hard to design scenarios where he does not make the Northern Trust. If he plays well in the first two tournaments -- probably needs at least one T10 finish -- then he has a decent shot at finding his way into the Top 30 and making the Tour Championship, which is where the really big money can be found.

-Jason "good luck Streel/Long" Evans
    And Ryan Blaum finished outside the Top 125 and didn’t make the playoffs.

Streelman is struggling today +2 through 14 holes. Hopefully, he can make up a stroke or two over the final four holes.

On Hole 8 a Par 5, Streelman had a 6 foot 7 inch putt for birdie. He 3-putted for a bogey.
    Bob Green

Streelman finishes +4 after a bogey on 16 and 18. He will need to go low tomorrow to make the cut.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman finishes +4 after a bogey on 16 and 18. He will need to go low tomorrow to make the cut.
    After yesterday’s heavy rain, Liberty National is like a dart board, par is really -3. Unfortunately, Kevin Streelman is toast . The cut is going to be like the John Deere Classic, somewhere around -2

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Adam Long at +1. He’s got a better shot to make the cut, but still needs to improve.

Adam in, Streels Out

Even though he missed the cut this week at the Northern Trust playoff event, Adam Long advances as part of a field of 70 to the BMW Championship at Medinah CC (No. 3) in Illinois. As he is in 65th position, he will need a top-five finish, at least, to advance to the Tour Championship at East Lake in two weeks. He is 381 points from #30 and the 5th position at Medinah earns 440 points.

Streels, who also missed the cut, dropped to #75, and his season is over.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Celine Boutier won 4 points in 4 matches at the Solheim Cup. She was a Captain's pick and justified her selection admirably. I will admit to rooting for her in her matches (I find the whole USA vs Europe thing an over-hyped bore; the formats of these types of events does make for interesting viewing, but I just cannot get into the us vs them bit).

Morgan Pressel, an almost Dukie, won 1 1/2 points in 3 matches.

No Asian Players

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Celine Boutier won 4 points in 4 matches at the Solheim Cup. She was a Captain's pick and justified her selection admirably. I will admit to rooting for her in her matches (I find the whole USA vs Europe thing an over-hyped bore; the formats of these types of events does make for interesting viewing, but I just cannot get into the us vs them bit).

Morgan Pressel, an almost Dukie, won 1 1/2 points in 3 matches.
    r
    Celine played great and I thought the final single matches were very exciting. Suzann Pettersen's final putt was super clutch. It is also interesting to see players playing fro a team.

But many of the top LPGA players are from Asia. So its not the best against the best or anything close.

Still watched it and loved it.

SoCal

Celine was the first Solheim Cup rookie to ever go undefeated and win four points. A fantastic showing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    r
    Celine played great and I thought the final single matches were very exciting. Suzann Pettersen's final putt was super clutch. It is also interesting to see players playing fro a team.

But many of the top LPGA players are from Asia. So its not the best against the best or anything close.

Still watched it and loved it.

SoCal

I've actually watched a fair amount of Solheim Cup competitions over the years and I'm not sure I've ever seen a competitor who relishes beating the U.S. the way Pettersen does. When she hit her second shot after a poor tee shot on 18 I knew she'd knock it stiff and make the birdie. Not because I'm good at prognosticating in any way, I've just seen that steely clutchness (is that a word) from her so... many... times. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    ... I've just seen that steely clutchness (is that a word) ...
    Whatever it is, Tom Brady tried to claim it as a trademark.