Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I know in years past there was a site set up by Grad_devil that would show the previous night's stats for all Duke guys in the NBA. I believe it was http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats.html.
    The URL changed a few years ago: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

It doesn't update in real time, but it's typically correct by the next morning. I wrote it for my own usage, but I'm hoping a few of you find it useful as well!

Quote Originally Posted by SF Dukie View Post
    Bagley and Giles scored their first NBA points (6 and 2) in limited minutes against the Jazz tonight. Grayson didn't play.
    Frank Jackson also made his NBA debut. Two scoreless minutes.

Still, if we divide the human race into two groups of people, those who have played in a regular-season NBA game and those who have not, then Bagley, Giles and Jackson went from group two to group one last night.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    The URL changed a few years ago: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

It doesn't update in real time, but it's typically correct by the next morning. I wrote it for my own usage, but I'm hoping a few of you find it useful as well!
    I’ve been using this site for years, beats poring over NBA box scores. Noticed this morning that Bagley was not included. Guess it takes a few days at start to include all the players.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I’ve been using this site for years, beats poring over NBA box scores. Noticed this morning that Bagley was not included. Guess it takes a few days at start to include all the players.
    Thanks, Arnie.

I usually have to double check on how the site I scrape the data from displays some of the names. Especially troublesome are names with a suffix (III, Jr., etc.), which is problematic for our crop of 1st year players (MBIII, Wendell Carter Jr., Gary Trent Jr.) I added Marvin to the site, and will try to remember to check for Wendell and Gary, after their first games.

Thanks, Arnie.

I usually have to double check on how the site I scrape the data from displays some of the names. Especially troublesome are names with a suffix (III, Jr., etc.), which is problematic for our crop of 1st year players (MBIII, Wendell Carter Jr., Gary Trent Jr.) I added Marvin to the site, and will try to remember to check for Wendell and Gary, after their first games.
    Grad devil - thanks for your work on this. It's the first site I hit every morning during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Grad devil - thanks for your work on this. It's the first site I hit every morning during the season.
    Yes, if I didn’t really thank you before, I have now. I’m in the same routine as Marty Clark since newspaper delivery was replaced with an IPad.

A sure sign that I am not crazy is seeing everyone else that goes to the Devils in the NBA page by Grad Devil. I am among my people.

Noticed that Jabari is on the site today but Wendell Carter, Jr. is not. Wendell started for the Bulls in their opener against Philadelphia. Wendell finished with 8 pts., 3 rebs, 3 assists, and a block in his NBA debut. He had a tough assignment guarding Joel Embiid in his NBA debut and showed out pretty well. His defense is ahead of his offensive game at the moment. As a Bulls fan, I am excited to see what he can become.

Excited to see that Seth Curry played his first game in 18 months after missing all of last season with an injury. He scored 5 points in 15 minutes in Portland's win over Lebron and the Lakers.

Poor Mason got dunked on by a guy that doesn’t need to jump.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=25012796&lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    ...Noticed that Jabari is on the site today but Wendell Carter, Jr. is not...
    Thanks for the heads-up. Wendell fell victim to the 'Jr.' I had appended to his name, which I've since removed. He now shows up. I preemptively removed the 'Jr.' from Gary Trent, so when he gets his name in a box score (not last night, unfortunately - he's listed as 'inactive'?) he should show up as well.

http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

Thanks for the heads-up. Wendell fell victim to the 'Jr.' I had appended to his name, which I've since removed. He now shows up. I preemptively removed the 'Jr.' from Gary Trent, so when he gets his name in a box score (not last night, unfortunately - he's listed as 'inactive'?) he should show up as well.

http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html
    Awesome! Thanks.

JJ with 31, 8 3-pointers and game winning 3 with 17 secs in game.

Ingram finally showing some fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I *like* Ingram, so don't get me wrong, but that's not "fire", that's just a bad look. Rather "Ron Artest"-ish.

Talk trash, play physical, etc. is fine, but not that sequence. Shove a guy 5-6 seconds after a whistle? Get in a ref's face and basically *ask* to be kicked out? Sprint halfway across the court to throw a punch at someone? Bad look. Again, I am a fan of Ingram, but that was an AWFUL 15-20 seconds for him.

He just punched Paul from 20 ft away... he might be in the wrong sport. I agree that it wasn't a good look for Ingram. I have to feel that something(s) else transpired during the game to inspire that reaction.

dhalism.jpeg

In my defense my post was after the push to Harden but before he came back and punched CP0

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    I *like* Ingram, so don't get me wrong, but that's not "fire", that's just a bad look. Rather "Ron Artest"-ish.

Talk trash, play physical, etc. is fine, but not that sequence. Shove a guy 5-6 seconds after a whistle? Get in a ref's face and basically *ask* to be kicked out? Sprint halfway across the court to throw a punch at someone? Bad look. Again, I am a fan of Ingram, but that was an AWFUL 15-20 seconds for him.
    He will pay a price for it. A bit out of character for a kid who holds his emotions in check. We will see if he gets a rep for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post

I have no problem with the initial shove on Harden. He shouldn't do it, but it was a natural reaction to the play where Harden initiated the contact with the stiff-arm AND got the foul call. Harden gets away with SO many plays like that. It's a technical on Ingram but no big deal.

Now jawing at a ref (although I think he was jawing at Harden and the ref got in the middle) and coming back into the 2nd fight from afar to throw a punch were not good looks for Ingram.
    ------
    Now how about that second fight.

CP3 staring the second kerfuffle with Rondo by poking him in the face and them claiming that he did so because Rondo spit in his face. Now, the Lakers claim (and the video evidence appears to agree) that there was never any spitting. Claiming spitting that never happened to make yourself look better would truly be a Chris Paul level punk move. Somebody needs to get Julius Hodge's opinion on the fight
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    JJ with 31, 8 3-pointers and game winning 3 with 17 secs in game.
    Never gets old:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiK-eCs51Fk

In my defense my post was after the push to Harden but before he came back and punched CP0
    When I watched that the second time, I'm wondering why the initial foul was on Ingram. Harden clearly lowers his shoulder then leads with his shoulder and elbow to initiate the contact, and to do so violently. I don't think a defensive foul should be called when the o player initiates, which happens a lot.