Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 979
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    President of the Marshall Plumlee fan club!

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Article on the DBR front page will be helpful: https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...he-brotherhood
    BlazinDW on the font page. Worth a click.
    Carolina delenda est

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    BlazinDW on the font page. Worth a click.
    You left me in suspense. Did he choose Helvetica, Times, Sans Serif, Trade Gothic?

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I’ll be surprised if the Celtics look bad, because they have Brad Stevens.
    Good call, NS. While Kyrie and Hayward weren't themselves yet, the Celtics defense had the Sixers discombobulated. Not sure all the postups from Philly were the wisest strategy.

    From the Duke perspective, Jayson was a stud and led Boston in scoring. He's so good at creating space for his jumper (midrange and three). Hopefully Kyrie shakes off the rust soon.

    JJ came off the bench and played 30 minutes. He was only 2 for 8 from three and needed to hit a couple more to make it a game.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    BlazinDW on the font page. Worth a click.
    Donald's list...

    Atlanta Hawks - Miles Plumlee, Grant Hill (part-owner)
    Boston Celtics - Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum
    Brooklyn Nets - Trajan Langdon (assistant general manager)
    Chicago Bulls - Wendell Carter, Jr., Jabari Parker
    Denver Nuggets - Mason Plumlee
    Detroit Pistons - Luke Kennard
    Golden State Warriors - Quinn Cook
    Indiana Pacers - David McClure (player development)
    Los Angeles Lakers - Brandon Ingram
    Miami Heat - Justise Winslow, Shane Battier (basketball development/analytics)
    Milwaukee Bucks - Trevon Duval (2-way player)
    Minnesota Timberwolves - Luol Deng, Tyus Jones
    New Orleans Pelicans - Frank Jackson, Jahlil Okafor
    New York Knicks - Lance Thomas
    Orlando Magic - Amile Jefferson (2-way player)
    Philadelphia 76ers - J.J. Redick, Elton Brand (general manager)
    Portland Trailblazers - Seth Curry, Gary Trent, Jr.
    Sacramento Kings - Marvin Bagley III, Harry GIles
    San Antonio Spurs - Chip Engelland (assistant coach)
    Utah Jazz - Grayson Allen, Quin Snyder (head coach)
    Washington Wizards - Austin Rivers

    That's 21 of the 30 teams in the league with a Duke connection. Remember when "Duke doesn't produce good pros" was a thing?
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Good call, NS. While Kyrie and Hayward weren't themselves yet, the Celtics defense had the Sixers discombobulated. Not sure all the postups from Philly were the wisest strategy.

    From the Duke perspective, Jayson was a stud and led Boston in scoring and rebounding. He's so good at creating space for his jumper (midrange and three). Hopefully Kyrie, who led the team in assists, shakes off the rust soon.

    JJ came off the bench and played 30 minutes. He was only 2 for 8 from three and needed to hit a couple more to make it a game.
    so Duke alums led Boston in scoring , rebounding and assists, while defeating PHI, whose bench scoring was led by JJ Redick.
    In the other game, Quinn scored 3 pts + 1 ast, on 1-2 FG 1-1 3s.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Article on the DBR front page will be helpful: https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...he-brotherhood
    Thanks for this!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Donald's list...

    Atlanta Hawks - Miles Plumlee, Grant Hill (part-owner)
    Boston Celtics - Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum
    Brooklyn Nets - Trajan Langdon (assistant general manager)
    Chicago Bulls - Wendell Carter, Jr., Jabari Parker
    Denver Nuggets - Mason Plumlee
    Detroit Pistons - Luke Kennard
    Golden State Warriors - Quinn Cook
    Indiana Pacers - David McClure (player development)
    Los Angeles Lakers - Brandon Ingram
    Miami Heat - Justise Winslow, Shane Battier (basketball development/analytics)
    Milwaukee Bucks - Trevon Duval (2-way player)
    Minnesota Timberwolves - Luol Deng, Tyus Jones
    New Orleans Pelicans - Frank Jackson, Jahlil Okafor
    New York Knicks - Lance Thomas
    Orlando Magic - Amile Jefferson (2-way player)
    Philadelphia 76ers - J.J. Redick, Elton Brand (general manager)
    Portland Trailblazers - Seth Curry, Gary Trent, Jr.
    Sacramento Kings - Marvin Bagley III, Harry GIles
    San Antonio Spurs - Chip Engelland (assistant coach)
    Utah Jazz - Grayson Allen, Quin Snyder (head coach)
    Washington Wizards - Austin Rivers

    That's 21 of the 30 teams in the league with a Duke connection. Remember when "Duke doesn't produce good pros" was a thing?
    Is pinning this to the top of the thread possible? Or anywhere else where it can be easily accessed for reference as we go through a loooong NBA season?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Blazin’s list omitted Lindsey Harding, who I believe is a scout with the 76’ers.

  10. #110
    Tatum reminds me of nothing more than a modern-day Tracy McGrady. Of course, he's already had more playoff success than T-Mac ever did.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Donald's list...


    Utah Jazz - Grayson Allen, Quin Snyder (head coach), Antonio Lang (assistant coach)

    FIFY.

    NB: When I abbreviated "assistant" to something with ending in " 't ," I got wankerized . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Tatum reminds me of nothing more than a modern-day Tracy McGrady. Of course, he's already had more playoff success than T-Mac ever did.
    This reads like you are trying to insult both Tatum and McGrady, which seems odd...

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    This reads like you are trying to insult both Tatum and McGrady, which seems odd...
    No insult to Tatum at all! I'm a Celtics fan, and T-Mac was awesome. He just couldn't win in the playoffs.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    No insult to Tatum at all! I'm a Celtics fan, and T-Mac was awesome. He just couldn't win in the playoffs.
    Oh ok. It was the “nothing more than” phrasing that sounded negative to me.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Oh ok. It was the “nothing more than” phrasing that sounded negative to me.
    "No one" rather than "nothing" would have been better. That was what I meant.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Tatum reminds me of nothing more than a modern-day Tracy McGrady. Of course, he's already had more playoff success than T-Mac ever did.
    nothing more than a Hall of Famer? Yeah, i'd hate to be compared to only one of the best players of all times.

  17. #117
    Bagley and Giles scored their first NBA points (6 and 2) in limited minutes against the Jazz tonight. Grayson didn't play.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Pretty underwhelming day for former Duke players last night.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Pretty underwhelming day for former Duke players last night.
    I think we will be seeing Grayson on highlight after highlight as the season progresses. The really cool thing is he has Quinn looking out for him. I think that's a match, well made made with K in mind. From a guy who grew up in NJ watching Spanrakal, it's cool knowing Utah has it.

  20. #120
    Excited for the new season to be underway!

    I know in years past there was a site set up by Grad_devil that would show the previous night's stats for all Duke guys in the NBA. I believe it was http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats.html.

    I really loved checking that each day, but the site seems to be down. Anyone know what the deal is? Or if there's any alternative option?

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL, 2018 season
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM
  2. 2017-2018 team vs 2018-2019 team
    By proelitedota in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 05:27 PM
  3. For Old Dukies Only
    By dukepsy1963 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM
  4. Dukies in the NBA- Sat Nov 3
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 06:50 AM
  5. Dukies in the NBA - Fri Nov 2
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 06:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •