Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Austin and Seth are taking "The Brotherhood" to a whole new level.

There has been a lot of talk today about a Kyrie/Durant conversation at the All-Star game (rumors they might team up in NY). ESPN just mentioned a dinner in Miami yesterday with Durant, Kyrie and...

Okafor and Jefferson.

Kind of interesting.

Also an article in the NY Post about Durant and Cook's friendship and talk that Durant might want Cook to follow him to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    There has been a lot of talk today about a Kyrie/Durant conversation at the All-Star game (rumors they might team up in NY). ESPN just mentioned a dinner in Miami yesterday with Durant, Kyrie and...

Okafor and Jefferson.

Kind of interesting.

Also an article in the NY Post about Durant and Cook's friendship and talk that Durant might want Cook to follow him to NY.
    That would be fascinating if it came to be. Not to mention that New York has what should be a high lottery pick too...

Now, there is the messy nature of the Knicks having Dolan and Dennis Smith. But I imagine Smith could be moved wherever as needed (I'm sure the Bulls would be glad to have him). And Irving is a New York guy.

I mean, I'd still put Boston as the frontrunner to keep Irving. But I would consider the Knicks a strong contender for him with their cap space and with Durant as a possible free agent partner. Boy, would that be interesting for Ainge and for the Pelicans though.

Okafor and Jefferson.

Kind of interesting.

Hey, Lance Thomas is still under contract for another year! But not a lot else. As far as I can tell, the Knicks have a handful of players under contract next season, including Frank Ntilkina, Dennis Smith, Jr., Kevin Knox, Alonzo Trier, Mitchell Robinson, and Damyean Dotson.

Knox is like Jayson Tatum-lite. He's not as good but positionally versatile. He could play off of Durant. Or, the Knicks could get lucky (did somebody say frozen envelope???) and draft R.J. or Zion in the first round a trot out a lineup of:

Irving, Barrett, Thomas, Durant, and Okafor

That could be something.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Irving, Barrett, Thomas, Durant, and Okafor
    Cool lineup... only one of those players is currently earning paychecks from the Knicks. Talk about a pipe dream.

Also, Big Jah is under contract to the Pelicans for the NBA minimum next season. Unless someone is trading for him, he's likely playing for peanuts for Nawlins for one more year.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Cool lineup... only one of those players is currently earning paychecks from the Knicks. Talk about a pipe dream.

Also, Big Jah is under contract to the Pelicans for the NBA minimum next season. Unless someone is trading for him, he's likely playing for peanuts for Nawlins for one more year.
    I thought he had a team option, no? And $1.7 million is NBA peanuts but sheesh, that is a nice paycheck. I wonder, with Danny Ferry as the new interim GM, if the Pelicans allow Jah to walk if he can show that he's got a better offer from NYK or someone else. Surely, that stretch of 8 games averaging something like 20/10/2 blocks as a starter was impressive to a few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I would put the chances of the Knicks getting Zion or Barrett at about 30%. I don’t know how I would rate the chance of Durant and Irving choosing to go to NY. But (a) that is one of the few places where it could happen and (b) Irving is a NY-ish guy. So I would put it at far from zero. And if the Knicks get Zion or Barrett (especially so if it is Zion), I would venture the chances go up a lot.

I would put the chances of Okafor in NY next year at close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I thought he had a team option, no? And $1.7 million is NBA peanuts but sheesh, that is a nice paycheck. I wonder, with Danny Ferry as the new interim GM, if the Pelicans allow Jah to walk if he can show that he's got a better offer from NYK or someone else. Surely, that stretch of 8 games averaging something like 20/10/2 blocks as a starter was impressive to a few teams.
    He has a team option. As in, the Pelicans get to choose whether or not to keep him at $1.7MM. They are not going to let him go. And other teams can’t make him offers once they exercise their team option (which happens before free agency).

Okafor and Jefferson.

Kind of interesting.

From following GSW, it seems to me that if GSW wins it all again, Durant stays by signing yet another 1-year contract. The press likes to play all kinds of angles, but as long as GSW keeping winning championships, I have to think Durant stays. Next year GSW opens up its new arena in SF, so the owners will want to make a huge splash. And the opportunity to go 4 for 4 and become legendary would be hard to pass up. Players love playing for GSW, as the ownership, coaching staff, fan base, etc. are all top notch.

If GSW loses, then the speculation can begin. The earlier they lose, the more the speculation.

As far as Cook going where Durant goes, it could happen. However, Cook is very loyal to GSW as well. After everyone else passed on him, they gave him his opportunity and he made the most of it. But most importantly, he's RFA so any other team cannot just throw him a bone. GSW would match a lowball offer as the other backup PG Shaun Livingston is UFA next year and starting to show age. They will likely release him after the Finals to avoid another payout to him this year. Which would put Cook into the primary backup PG position on a team contending for another title. So it would be all about what offer(s) Cook gets.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    From following GSW, it seems to me that if GSW wins it all again, Durant stays by signing yet another 1-year contract. The press likes to play all kinds of angles, but as long as GSW keeping winning championships, I have to think Durant stays. Next year GSW opens up its new arena in SF, so the owners will want to make a huge splash. And the opportunity to go 4 for 4 and become legendary would be hard to pass up. Players love playing for GSW, as the ownership, coaching staff, fan base, etc. are all top notch.

If GSW loses, then the speculation can begin. The earlier they lose, the more the speculation.

As far as Cook going where Durant goes, it could happen. However, Cook is very loyal to GSW as well. After everyone else passed on him, they gave him his opportunity and he made the most of it. But most importantly, he's RFA so any other team cannot just throw him a bone. GSW would match a lowball offer as the other backup PG Shaun Livingston is UFA next year and starting to show age. They will likely release him after the Finals to avoid another payout to him this year. Which would put Cook into the primary backup PG position on a team contending for another title. So it would be all about what offer(s) Cook gets.

9F
    I can't fathom a single scenario in which Durant doesn't leave.

As for the possible losing... Only happens with a major injury or 2.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

28 points and 14 rebounds for Bagley last night.

With all the enthusiasm about Zion, well deserved, it's easy to forget how spectacular Marvin was last year.

3 alums with 2x-doubles last night: Bagley, Tatum and Ingram. They combined for 72 pts, 37 rebs, on 23/48 FGs.
    Winslow also had a very nice, stat-stuffing game, although he did foul out.

Sixers whooping up on NOLA despite JJ having a subpar game. And NBATv is roasting Jah for not getting back on transition D. Why am I watching this game?

Because Ben Simmons is a freaky 6’ 10” point guard and Boban Marjanovic is so much bigger than anyone I have ever seen and I’m praying that the Sixers parts come together so tha JJ can get a ring...
    Last edited by Gooch; 02-25-2019 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Typos

Bagley is finishing up his finest month of his short NBA career so far. Averaging 18.4 ppg and 9.7 rpg and providing a +4.9 +/- in 30.4 mpg. In his last 5 games, he is averaging 23 ppg and 9 rpg in 32 mpg, shooting 53.4% from the field, 42.9% from 3, and 76.7% from the FT line. This coming against a somewhat tough stretch of the schedule against Golden State, OKC, and Denver along with doormat Phoenix and mediocre Minnesota. His +/- in those games was +7, 0, +4, +9, and +5.

It seems like things are starting to click for him in the NBA. Here's hoping he can be a part of a successful playoff push the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Sixers whooping up on NOLA despite JJ having a subpar game. And NBATv is roasting Jah for not getting back on transition D. Why am I watching this game?

Because Ben Simmons is a freaky 6’ 10” point guard and Boban Marjanovic is so much bigger than anyone I have ever seen and I’m praying that the Sixers parts come together so tha JJ can get a ring...
    Simmons is young and has some extraordinary skills, but shooting the basketball ain't one of them. Can't imagine how good he'd be if he could shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Bagley is finishing up his finest month of his short NBA career so far. Averaging 18.4 ppg and 9.7 rpg and providing a +4.9 +/- in 30.4 mpg. In his last 5 games, he is averaging 23 ppg and 9 rpg in 32 mpg, shooting 53.4% from the field, 42.9% from 3, and 76.7% from the FT line. This coming against a somewhat tough stretch of the schedule against Golden State, OKC, and Denver along with doormat Phoenix and mediocre Minnesota. His +/- in those games was +7, 0, +4, +9, and +5.

It seems like things are starting to click for him in the NBA. Here's hoping he can be a part of a successful playoff push the rest of the way.
    and in related news, Harrison Barnes continues to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    and in related news, Harrison Barnes continues to suck.
    Hey, wait, I thought that was elvis14's line.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey, wait, I thought that was elvis14's line.
    LOL, well good 'ol Harry Skype did help bring a championship to Cleveland, so he'll always have that!

The future...

Here are Harry Giles and Marvin Bagley's stats this year, if they each played regular starter (36) minutes per game.

Harry - 17.1 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.5 spg, 0.9 bpg
    Marvin - 20.2 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.4 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.5 bpg

-Jason "they are both rookies... scary to think how good they will be in a couple years when they are, you know, legally old enough to drink" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

FDD and other Celtics fans, what say you about the situation in Boston?
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...nge-their-ways

I don't know of any big Lakers fans on DBR, but the situation with Lebron and the youngsters isn't much better.

Cool recent Haberstroh article on the dramatic rise of the sons of former NBA players flourishing in the league which features a lot of Duke guys (although an odd exclusion of Austin)
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...n-nba-athletes
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 02-27-2019 at 02:31 PM. Reason: fixed misspelling