Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Ingram gets 29 points tonight with over 50% shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He also had 6 assists. Ball in his hands a lot is a good thing for his game.
    Now, let’s see if he can do it when Lebron comes back...
    This type of production might be the only reason that LAL doesn't try to move Ingram. He's a great insurance policy for Lebron's injury timeouts, or LBJ rest days. OTOH, LAL could point to this type of productivity to get 1 (or more) players that complement LBJ's style better than Ingram does. LAL is much improved from last year, but getting a couple of (or a few) really good role players might (like Jaylen Brown or Smart from Boston?!?) might be more of what they need...

Think you're a big J.J. Redick fan? You've got nothing on this guy, who provides a great analysis of the myriad ways J.J. contributes to the Sixers.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...star-candidate

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Think you're a big J.J. Redick fan? You've got nothing on this guy, who provides a great analysis of the myriad ways J.J. contributes to the Sixers.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...star-candidate
    I was coming here to post a link to that story. As you say, a very good analysis of why JJ is so important. And so good.

Back-to-back big games from Frank Jackson.

Gary Trent logged his first minutes since early December.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Back-to-back big games from Frank Jackson.

Gary Trent logged his first minutes since early December.
    I was also going to mention Frank's big game. Not only that but big Jah continues to log respectable performances for NOLA. He got a lot of DNP's to start the year, but seems to be playing in most or all games lately.
    Additionally, Seth continues to lead the NBA in 3FG% at 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I was coming here to post a link to that story. As you say, a very good analysis of why JJ is so important. And so good.
    He's especially important now that Butler is stirring the emotional pot over there along with some other less than mature individuals.

Here's a nice 90-second compilation of Harry Giles making great passes. As a bonus, some of the clips double as Marvin Bagley highlights!

https://streamable.com/i53ws

Great to see him succeeding. Makes you wish we could have had him healthy while at Duke, but happy for his continued development as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Here's a nice 90-second compilation of Harry Giles making great passes. As a bonus, some of the clips double as Marvin Bagley highlights!

Great to see him succeeding. Makes you wish we could have had him healthy while at Duke, but happy for his continued development as a player.
    Harry is playing about 11 minutes per game so his stats are not gaudy. If he played stater minutes (36 min/game), here is what his stats would look like:

16.9ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.1apg, 2.4 spg, 0.8 bpg.

Now, he is still not a good shooter (53% FTs), but when you consider how much time he has missed with injuries you can see he still has a very bright future.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Harry is playing about 11 minutes per game so his stats are not gaudy. If he played stater minutes (36 min/game), here is what his stats would look like:

16.9ppg, 10.3 rpg, 4.1apg, 2.4 spg, 0.8 bpg.

Now, he is still not a good shooter (53% FTs), but when you consider how much time he has missed with injuries you can see he still has a very bright future.
    Unfortunately, one of the reasons he's only playing 11 mpg is because he's averaging 7.4 fouls per 36 minutes. That, and his TS% is .477, which is... not good.

But, as you said, considering how young he is and how much time he's lost due to injuries, it's impressive that he's even out there. Still lots of hope for his career. Though the Kings do still have a lot of sorting out to do in their frontcourt with Bagley, Cauley-Stein, Bjelica, and Koufos in the mix (I'm ignoring Labissiere who seems to have just been a whiff altogether).

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

Wow, so nice

Mason with a big game - 17 pts 12 rebounds in a 121-100 win over a decent Clippers team. Denver is a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Mason with a big game - 17 pts 12 rebounds in a 121-100 win over a decent Clippers team. Denver is a good team.
    Denver has at times started both Jokic and MP2, kinda like a twin-towers billing, and it has been a decent formula. MP2 is a more defensive minded, poor-man's Jokic. MP2 doesn't shoot the 3 much and gets most of his buckets right around the rim, exactly like he did at Duke. MP2 is a stat stuffer, usually generating at least one of all the stats they publish on ESPN.

Last night, Steph Curry moved into 3rd place in career 3-pointers made. He's played in less than 1,000 NBA games, but he's 3rd ALL TIME. That is nuts.

It made me look up J.J. Redick's numbers, and our guy is currently 9th all time in career free throw percentage and 24th all time in made 3's. If he plays for another 4-5 years or so, it's entirely possible that he will end his career in the top 10 all time in made 3's and free throw rate. Considering that Curry, James Harden, and Klay Thompson are all ahead of him in made 3-pointers right now, I don't think he'll be able to make it to top 5 status, but he could get pretty darn close. He's also averaging a career-best 18.3 points per game in his age 34 season with no signs of age-related regression on the horizon. What a remarkable career.

Winslow lighting it up today with 26 points after 3 quarters including 4-4 from 3

Classmate Tyus had a solid night tonight with 14 pts in 28 mp with 6 assists and 0 turnovers —i’ve seen that line before— in helping the Wolves beat the Pelicans. His +11 pts was the Wolves’ second highest +/- for the night. Who led in +/- you ask? Luol Deng with +12 in just 5 minutes. Luol’s one of my all-time favorite people. Happy he’s found the court again and leading the league in $M / mp.

Quote Originally Posted by brickey View Post
    Luol’s one of my all-time favorite people. Happy he’s found the court again and leading the league in $M / mp.
    Luol - 36 minutes played, $16.6 mil in salary ($14.3 from Lakers, $2.3 from TWolves)
    MP1 - 173 minutes played, $12.5 mil salary

It really isn't close at this point, but if Luol starts to play even a little bit he could catch Miles, who has not even been on the Hawks active roster for 15 of the past 17 games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Ringer's KOC on how Justise Winslow's success as a PG has led him to imagine different roles for several NBA players on their current teams. It includes a discussion of Justise and a portion on BI and the Lakers

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ustise-winslow

Yikes. Tyus just went down with a pretty bad looking twisted ankle. Rough couple nights for the Jones family.

Kyrie just made Toronto cry in the last two minutes of tonight’s game. Incredible. Was tied at 106 and he just took over and owned them.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Kyrie just made Toronto cry in the last two minutes of tonight’s game. Incredible. Was tied at 106 and he just took over and owned them.
    Ha! I just checked this and found the following: 27 points (11/19; 3/6), 18 A, 7 TO, 5 boards in 38 minutes. Tatum had a dubbel/dubbel with 16/10.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.