Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

Not cool, ESPN. Not at all

How are we supposed to process this super misleading headline? Talk about shoddy speculative journalism. Ugh.

Could Zion really snub Pelicans, return to Duke?
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/26756500

EDIT: site’s not letting me post the screenshot from my phone, but those words were what popped up as a notification. And that’s not at all what the video really says. What crappy journalistic integrity.
    Last edited by scottdude8; 05-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    How are we supposed to process this super misleading headline? Talk about shoddy speculative journalism. Ugh.

EDIT: site’s not letting me post the screenshot from my phone, but those words were what popped up as a notification. And that’s not at all what the video really says. What crappy journalistic integrity.
    I posted a link to the video in the Zion, RJ, Cam - Lottery Results Thread because it's such a silly conversation.

I hope Zion does it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I posted a link to the video in the Zion, RJ, Cam - Lottery Results Thread because it's such a silly conversation.

I hope Zion does it, though.
    Would beat Danny Ferry going to Italy to avoid the Clippers.

Betteridge's Law of Headlines

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."
    I'm going to write an article with the headline "Can all headline questions be answered no?"

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I'm going to write an article with the headline "Can all headline questions be answered no?"

. And that’s not at all what the video really says. What crappy journalistic integrity.
    What do ESPN and journalistic integrity have to do with each other?

He could threaten to go play football. New England would take him tomorrow.

Does he have an agent? This is a ridiculous headline!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He could threaten to go play football. New England would take him tomorrow.
    Per NFL rules, I don’t believe they can until 2021.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/05/sean-payton-has-a-thought-about-zion-williamson-and-the-saints.html

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The same as unc and academic integrity ...

Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke2015 View Post
    Does he have an agent? This is a ridiculous headline!
    No agent and no sneaker deal

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    No agent and no sneaker deal
    In the words of Noah from the 'The Notebook:' "I lost you once. I think I can do it again."

Yep. I just quoted 'The Notebook.' I can take the flaming, because I deserve it.

Of course he'll be in NO.

Having said that, the Pelicans were on national tv 7 times last year, with the other 75 games telecast on Fox Sports New Orleans.*

Duke was on national tv 75 times last year, each week.**

If the NCAA met in an emergency meeting, vigorously debated the pro's and con's with an eye towards what is good for the players*** and voted to let any NCAA athlete sign individual advertising deals,****

and Zion was told by Nike that he'd get his own shoe and $40 million for 2 years, guaranteed, regardless of whether he played for Duke or the Penguins,*****

and he got similar deals from Pepsodent, Muscle Milk, the Comedy Channel, and Perkins Library,******

I see no reason for them not to squeeze the lad into next year's line up. Of course he'd have to earn his minutes like everyone else.

*There's 2 minutes of research time that I'll never get back.
    **an estimate
    ***I also believe in the tooth fairy
    ****this could be called anything, but I might suggest the Zion rule
    *****They'd do it
    ******Perkins hasn't previously sponsored athletes, as far as I know, but this could be the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post

Having said that, the Pelicans were on national tv 7 times last year, with the other 75 games telecast on Fox Sports New Orleans.*

If the NCAA met in an emergency meeting, vigorously debated the pro's and con's with an eye towards what is good for the players*** and voted to let any NCAA athlete sign individual advertising deals,****

and Zion was told by Nike that he'd get his own shoe and $40 million for 2 years, guaranteed, regardless of whether he played for Duke or the Penguins,*****

and he got similar deals from Pepsodent, Muscle Milk, the Comedy Channel, and Perkins Library,******

I see no reason for them not to squeeze the lad into next year's line up. Of course he'd have to earn his minutes like everyone else.

**an estimate
    *****They'd do it
    ******Perkins hasn't previously sponsored athletes, as far as I know, but this could be the chance.
    He skates too?!? That guy is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    He skates too?!? That guy is amazing!
    Penguins, Pelicans...

Its the offseason

Penguins, Pelicans...

Its the offseason
    And they are, after all, both rather peculiar looking birds in smaller media markets (not that that has hurt the Penguins all that much--the Crosby rule, I guess).

**an estimate
    *****They'd do it
    You took the use of the asterisk to another level. You should consider adding one or two to your DBR name.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ENTERTAINMENT and sports programming network

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The same as unc and academic integrity ...
    I'd say that's an apt analogy....