Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    He might get significant minutes if he played on the 2018-2019 Duke team.😏

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    When I watched that the second time, I'm wondering why the initial foul was on Ingram. Harden clearly lowers his shoulder then leads with his shoulder and elbow to initiate the contact, and to do so violently. I don't think a defensive foul should be called when the o player initiates, which happens a lot.
    it's the main reason Harden is able to have any success in the NBA. He creates an offensive foul, defensive player gets called for it, Harden gets FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    it's the main reason Harden is able to have any success in the NBA. He creates an offensive foul, defensive player gets called for it, Harden gets FTs.
    I agree with that, and he clearly expects it. To him, he was ripped off because it was not continuation....but that was an offensive foul. That move will get you cut on the concrete in pick up.

Here is video

I have Ingram on my fantasy team... he's gonna miss at least a couple games, I fear.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Here is video

I have Ingram on my fantasy team... he's gonna miss at least a couple games, I fear.
    Should miss more than a couple. Not even involved in the incident, no provocation, just come in throwing. I hope its 8-12 games. Although it’ll be 3-5.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Here is video

Damn, I got no hound in the fracas but any NFL running back would be proud to have Harden's forearm shiver in his skill set.

That being said, BI was waaaay over the line with his actions-both of them.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Damn, I got no hound in the fracas but any NFL running back would be proud to have Harden's forearm shiver in his skill set.

That being said, BI was waaaay over the line with his actions-both of them.
    Maybe CP3 had been taking liberties with BI's private area, he's been known to do that.

How are CP3and Bronny so close that CP3 in bronny jr's godfather?

I mostly follow the NBA to keep up with ex-Duke players (woulda said alums but the majority have only played one year these days). As such, Boston has been my favorite team since i was a kid, and that has only been enhanced by adding 3 ex-Duke players to their roster. I haven't had a least favorite team, until now. That is the Houston Rockets. With BOTH Chris Paul and James Harden, it's a pretty easy choice. I detest the way James Harden plays, or better put, the way refs call everything his way. I detest Chris Paul, well, for being Chris Paul.

Well spot on for Ingram. Said 3-5 and he got 4.

Absolutely shameful for the NBA to give Rondo that light of a penalty. Spit on a man and throw punches and 3 is all you get?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    The main reasons he has success are his incredible handle and his above NBA average shooting. The ability to draw fouls just makes him less likable to people that already don’t like him.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    The main reasons he has success are his incredible handle and his above NBA average shooting. The ability to draw fouls just makes him less likable to people that already don’t like him.
    Watching the Rockets now, I just saw Harden throw an elbow on Beverly, flail, and get the foul call. He gets the type of favorable officiating in the NBA that Hansblahblah got in college. He’s got real talent, but I don’t think he’d be in MVP discussions without the favorable officiating. Maybe, his normal big drop off in postseason is due to a more balanced whistle.

he shoots FTs at an insane rate, largely due to the b.s. fouls that he gets. People know they have to back off b.c of the driving and that any contact will be called a foul. That makes it easier to shoot. So yeah, i was being a bit hyperbolic, but his success is very much enhanced by getting so many fouls called.

No, it's not the ability to "draw fouls" - its the insanity with which the NBA referees give him preference. At the sport's foundation, the baseline idea of a foul is an illegal contact that gives the fouling player an advantage. The offender is normally guilty of initiating the contract, or of being out of position. Harden initiates illegal contact, gains an advantage, AND gets the calls. I think the NBA has lost the concept of what a foul is.

While it's a bad public look for BI, I think overall it's a very positive move for him. He's a young skinny kid who is being viewed as a potential NBA alpha dog. Showing that he sticks up for himself and his teammates will go a looong way in NBA locker rooms. I am sure this incident earned him major points among players, and probably coaches, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    While it's a bad public look for BI, I think overall it's a very positive move for him. He's a young skinny kid who is being viewed as a potential NBA alpha dog. Showing that he sticks up for himself and his teammates will go a looong way in NBA locker rooms. I am sure this incident earned him major points among players, and probably coaches, too.
    Pushing someone from behind and then throwing a sucker punch earns points? Guess I have more of an NHL view when it comes to sticking up for yourself and teammates.
    Last edited by TKG; 10-22-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Pushing someone from behind and then throwing a sucker punch earns points? Guess I have more of an NHL view when it comes to sticking up for yourself and teammates.
    The NHL may as well be UFC compared to the "hold me back" NBA culture of non-fighting. I think that everyone recognizes that despite Paul's greatness as a player, he's a cheap shot punk so the fact that the young fella ran back and threw a jab at him will earn him a lot of points, I think. His build and height remind me of the Motor City Cobra.

Jabari is already getting crushed for his (lack of) defense and effort.

Breaking: Zach LaVine and Jabari Parker have been as bad as expected on defense

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    The NHL may as well be UFC compared to the "hold me back" NBA culture of non-fighting. I think that everyone recognizes that despite Paul's greatness as a player, he's a cheap shot punk so the fact that the young fella ran back and threw a jab at him will earn him a lot of points, I think. His build and height remind me of the Motor City Cobra.
    Totally agree with your observation of the “hold me back” NBA thingy.

Love the Tommy Hearns reference.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post

I was going to post the same article - there are some savage quotes in there on Jabari and his "defense" from a pretty measured writer. As the years pass that Mercer loss makes more and more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post

This is a pay article.

Whether it's ESPN Insider, The Athletic, or something else, please note when something is a pay article so non-subscribers can just move along. Thanks all!